Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   New owner of 2007 650i convertible (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647727)

bjohnson922 09-23-2012 07:43 PM

New owner of 2007 650i convertible

3 Attachment(s)

Hey guys...first time poster here! Picked up a 2007 650i convertible just last week - my first BMW. I've been researching the vehicle for about a year now and have gotten a ton of information on the car just by reading the posts on this board. All I can say is that I'm not sure why I waited so long to pull the trigger; this truly is the ultimate driving machine! Got it CPO until June 2013 (I plan on buying an aftermarket warranty after that). We took it on the Blue Ridge parkway this weekend and wow, what an exhilarating drive. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and share a few pics of my new ride.

Mulchman 09-24-2012 05:10 AM

Nice! Enjoy!

tampamark 09-24-2012 06:51 AM

Congrats, welcome aboard!

Yorgi 09-24-2012 05:55 PM

The new toy looks very mint, congrats.

You are a lucky dog to be living near some of the best roads on the continent.

bjohnson922 09-24-2012 07:14 PM

Thanks, Yorgi! I'm looking forward to many years of pure driving pleasure...

gregb 09-25-2012 09:32 AM

Nice ride and congrat's! she looks well kept in mint condition.
might see if you can remove the front license plate bracket (not sure if they drilled the bumper to install or not). I will be making my way up the blue ridge in another few weeks when the leaves turn... beautiful ride through beautiful country... :)

bjohnson922 09-25-2012 11:16 AM

Thanks, Greg! How do you like those Miro M6 wheels? They look awesome and I am considering buying a set...just curious if they held up well.

gregb 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

I like them and they've held up great. I got mine used two years ago in a swap from another six owner that was going back to stock for trade in (total use about three years). The only thing is that b/c they are not hub centric (axle hole slightly larger than axle), you have to make sure you have the tire shop use hub centric rings and do "on-car" high speed balancing to eliminate wobbles - easy for a good tire shop.

Ellicit 09-25-2012 07:23 PM

welcome... Im new to the 6er too... and congrtz!

GForza 09-25-2012 09:07 PM

Welcome aboard! Nice ride, I am a big fan of Blk on Blk 6er. Planning any mods

E92-Lighting 09-25-2012 11:13 PM

congrats and welcome aboard

pablo645 09-26-2012 07:59 AM

Welcome to the family bjohnson922! The car looks great and I'm sure you are already experiencing the rush of 6 series, especially the convertible. Looking forward to a ride up to Rockport Ma, in a few weeks because the leaves are turning and i'm sure it will be a sweet ride with the top down. :thumbup:. Enjoy the ride bjohnson922 and folks here are always willing to help out if you have any problems.

avoiceoreason 10-02-2012 09:41 AM

(should we tell him about the top not locked error now or later?)

J/K, hopefully you won't have the issue, but if you researched for a year, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Have fun with the new ride!

roseng 10-02-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avoiceoreason (Post 7108567)

J/K, hopefully you won't have the issue, but if you researched for a year, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Before you get too excited about this I believe that's really an issue for older model years. I have an '07 and use the top daily with no issues at all.

pablo645 10-02-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseng (Post 7108770)
Before you get too excited about this I believe that's really an issue for older model years. I have an '07 and use the top daily with no issues at all.

+1 I have to agree. I had the issue once on my 08 but that was before they did the recall for the sensor bracket adjustment. Since then (knock on wood) I have not have an issue with the top. Every chance I get, the top is down and for this past summer it was a lot. The weather is getting cooler but I'm still dropping the top. I will stop when we hit the 30 degree mark :D

whitedesigns 10-03-2012 03:20 PM

Never had top not locked issue. Ever.

Anyway, living near the Blue Ridge Parkway is fun. The only down side are the many retirees from up north who drive 25MPH everywhere they go. We call them halfbacks here. They left the north, moved to Florida and hated it, then moved half way back home to NC.

tampamark 10-03-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avoiceoreason (Post 7108567)

Ha, don't be bitter! :)

We could all unload on a new owner by bringing up all the possible pitfalls these cars have since there are so many, unless they ask of course. As you have seen there are plenty of folks who have never had a top unlocked error, also plenty that have!

The best policy is to simply welcome them aboard. :thumbup:

roseng 10-03-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampamark (Post 7111995)

We could all unload on a new owner by bringing up all the possible pitfalls these cars have since there are so many, unless they ask of course. As you have seen there are plenty of folks who have never had a top unlocked error, also plenty that have!

+1
Well put Mark :bigpimp:

avoiceoreason 10-04-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampamark (Post 7111995)

Ahh 'cmon, I did put a "J/K" in there and ended with "Have fun with the new ride!" :)

I think I saw the picture of a black '07 (just like mine which is going back in for the 10th time next week), and I just couldn't help myself.

But to the OP, as roseng noted above, he also has a black '07 and has never had the issue, so don't fret on my account. My apologies in not being more positive on the welcome!

tampamark 10-04-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avoiceoreason (Post 7113927)
Ahh 'cmon, I did put a "J/K" in there and ended with "Have fun with the new ride!" :)

I think I saw the picture of a black '07 (just like mine which is going back in for the 10th time next week), and I just couldn't help myself.

But to the OP, as roseng noted above, he also has a black '07 and has never had the issue, so don't fret on my account. My apologies in not being more positive the welcome!

All good my man! :bigpimp: