Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Exhaust and Intake? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648153)

O7X3 09-25-2012 05:17 PM

Exhaust and Intake?
 
Looking for a website that sells performance exhaust and intake for the X3.
New to the bmw world
:confused:

Oh and a dang fuse diagram for a 07 x3

Evlengr 09-25-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7096143)
Looking for a website that sells performance exhaust and intake for the X3.
New to the bmw world
:confused:

Oh and a dang fuse diagram for a 07 x3

There isn't any. One of the reasons I sold mine. Believe me I looked for several years and talked directly to Steve of dinan automotive.

Only recourse is a custom built one(s).

O7X3 09-25-2012 08:51 PM

Thank u, any idea on the fuse diagram??

ModBargains 09-25-2012 11:04 PM

Actually we do offer an intake and exhaust for the X3! The aFe power stage 1 intake is a nice little upgrade to either the 2.5 or the 3.0! We also carry the Remus X3 exhaust system as well which will help out a few more ponies and give you a more aggressive exhaust note! Hope that helps!!

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/aFe/X3.jpg

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...0862040504.jpg

elevatorguy925 09-26-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7096651)
Thank u, any idea on the fuse diagram??

Should be a card next to the fuses that shows what the fuse is for, if you are looking for a wiring diagram try http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/

O7X3 09-26-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elevatorguy925 (Post 7097084)
Should be a card next to the fuses that shows what the fuse is for, if you are looking for a wiring diagram try http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/

Yes my card is gone:mad: Any idea where I can get a copy of this card or maybe view it online.

O7X3 09-26-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains (Post 7096865)
Actually we do offer an intake and exhaust for the X3! The aFe power stage 1 intake is a nice little upgrade to either the 2.5 or the 3.0! We also carry the Remus X3 exhaust system as well which will help out a few more ponies and give you a more aggressive exhaust note! Hope that helps!!

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Products/aFe/X3.jpg

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...0862040504.jpg

This is exactly what im looking for, its the mrs. car so that's really all I wanted to do to it. Make it sound a lil better the few times I drive it. I could not find those for the 2007

Like when I go to the link for the intake it says its for 01-06. Now Personally i dont know what years are different from the others. This is the only X3 Ive ever owned. Will they fit the 07? My guess would be yes but someone please inform me

SonicBoom 09-26-2012 04:13 PM

That kind of garbage usually does more harm to performance than good.
But, if you're just in it for the sound, that is the way to go.

O7X3 09-26-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBoom (Post 7098394)
That kind of garbage usually does more harm to performance than good.
But, if you're just in it for the sound, that is the way to go.

Please explain how that would harm performance?? I realize that it probably wont do anything as far as raising hp, but I surely don't see it hurting a damn thing.
And yes thats y i specifically said for sound, pretty sure there was no reason for you to even put in ur .02 cents. Or are you just the guy that joins these forums so he can act like he knows something.

O7X3 09-26-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBoom (Post 7098394)
That kind of garbage usually does more harm to performance than good.
But, if you're just in it for the sound, that is the way to go.

I really am waiting for you to explain to me how any muffler or resonator with better flow than a stock system will actually hurt performance???? or any intake as far as that goes???:confused:

I bet your one of those guys who says driving with your tailgate down gets you better fuel mileage when in reality it creates more drag on your truck:rofl::):D:confused:

ModBargains 09-26-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7097190)
This is exactly what im looking for, its the mrs. car so that's really all I wanted to do to it. Make it sound a lil better the few times I drive it. I could not find those for the 2007

Like when I go to the link for the intake it says its for 01-06. Now Personally i dont know what years are different from the others. This is the only X3 Ive ever owned. Will they fit the 07? My guess would be yes but someone please inform me

Ok, i went ahead and checked directly with aFe for you and they said it most likely will not 100% fit the 2007. Im not sure exactly why, it could be the brackets are slightly different, but the Remus exhaust will work on 2004+ models aside from the new X3.

The intake is not only 50 state carb legal (CARB E.O Number D-550-3). It also out flows better than the factory system by 75% so it most certainly does something. It will not give you the "thrown into your seat" power but it does make a difference.

O7X3 09-26-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains (Post 7098600)
Ok, i went ahead and checked directly with aFe for you and they said it most likely will not 100% fit the 2007. Im not sure exactly why, it could be the brackets are slightly different, but the Remus exhaust will work on 2004+ models aside from the new X3.

The intake is not only 50 state carb legal (CARB E.O Number D-550-3). It also out flows better than the factory system by 75% so it most certainly does something. It will not give you the "thrown into your seat" power but it does make a difference.

I appreciate it. LOL I know that a muffler and intake will not do anything like that. I would just go hop in my 600hp cummins if I wanted that. Which, OMG dont tell anyone, but also has a cold air intake.
Guess I should put the factory one back on so I can gain some HP :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SonicBoom 09-27-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7098413)
Please explain how that would harm performance?? I realize that it probably wont do anything as far as raising hp, but I surely don't see it hurting a damn thing.
And yes thats y i specifically said for sound, pretty sure there was no reason for you to even put in ur .02 cents. Or are you just the guy that joins these forums so he can act like he knows something.

Well, if you are going to fly of the handle like that, you are hardly worth responding to.
First, note that my statement made no mention of HP.
Yes, you may gain a few HP, but often at the expense of some low and midrange power. So for everyday driving, your vehicle may feel sluggish (compared to pre-cold air intake), even though said car would indeed be faster through the quarter mile.
Keep in mind what I am saying here is a generalization.

Now, this vehicle being a BMW, I highly doubt there would be any gain in HP, but there will prolly be a loss in low to midrange. Manufactures like BMW do indeed tune their intakes.

O7X3 09-27-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBoom (Post 7099744)
Well, if you are going to fly of the handle like that, you are hardly worth responding to.
First, note that my statement made no mention of HP.
Yes, you may gain a few HP, but often at the expense of some low and midrange power. So for everyday driving, your vehicle may feel sluggish (compared to pre-cold air intake), even though said car would indeed be faster through the quarter mile.
Keep in mind what I am saying here is a generalization.

Now, this vehicle being a BMW, I highly doubt there would be any gain in HP, but there will prolly be a loss in low to midrange. Manufactures like BMW do indeed tune their intakes.

So u still haven't answered my question. What will an air filter do to the tuning of the intake?? It's just a cleanable reusable cotton filter that filters better than a stock paper filter. So protecting my motor from contaminants is a bad thing??
And the muffler? How does that hurt performance?
You r the flying off the handle talking bad about products with no info to back it up!

x3brian 09-27-2012 01:12 PM

The only potential drawback with an oiled reusable filter is potential to use to much oil when recharging and cause potential downstream issues with the disa valve/MAF sensor.

The biggest issue though was the mid cycle refresh of the model in 2007 to the n52 motor from the m54. The biggest drawback of that change is there is a lack of aftermarket support and I have never seen a cold air intake that will fit (not saying it isn't out there though). Our best bet has been a k&n or afe filter change from stock which isn't worth it to me when the paper air filter lasts 35 to 40k miles.

As for the exhaust I don't see any issue with that. Have fun! Just be careful though if its your wife's car as I did that to my wife's cars about 10 years ago and never heard the end of how loud and annoying it was on her commute...so be warned..lol ;)

SonicBoom 09-27-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7100127)
So u still haven't answered my question. What will an air filter do to the tuning of the intake?? It's just a cleanable reusable cotton filter that filters better than a stock paper filter. So protecting my motor from contaminants is a bad thing??
And the muffler? How does that hurt performance?
You r the flying off the handle talking bad about products with no info to back it up!

I never said air filter.
I never said " protecting your motor from contaminants is a bad thing"

You are just looking to argue. I don't have time for this.

O7X3 09-27-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBoom (Post 7100208)
I never said air filter.
I never said " protecting your motor from contaminants is a bad thing"

You are just looking to argue. I don't have time for this.

Actually I was looking for an answer
:thumbup:

O7X3 09-27-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3brian (Post 7100152)
The only potential drawback with an oiled reusable filter is potential to use to much oil when recharging and cause potential downstream issues with the disa valve/MAF sensor.

The biggest issue though was the mid cycle refresh of the model in 2007 to the n52 motor from the m54. The biggest drawback of that change is there is a lack of aftermarket support and I have never seen a cold air intake that will fit (not saying it isn't out there though). Our best bet has been a k&n or afe filter change from stock which isn't worth it to me when the paper air filter lasts 35 to 40k miles.

As for the exhaust I don't see any issue with that. Have fun! Just be careful though if its your wife's car as I did that to my wife's cars about 10 years ago and never heard the end of how loud and annoying it was on her commute...so be warned..lol ;)

Thank u, I appreciate the feedback. In west texas the dirt is just ridiculous, lucky if you get 10k out of a paper filter. I see your point on the oil, guess I would just have to make sure not to go overboard on it. And yeah it seems there really is not a bunch of stuff out there for the X3. But I really haven't looked a whole lot.

Evlengr 09-27-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O7X3 (Post 7097190)
This is exactly what im looking for, its the mrs. car so that's really all I wanted to do to it. Make it sound a lil better the few times I drive it. I could not find those for the 2007

Like when I go to the link for the intake it says its for 01-06. Now Personally i dont know what years are different from the others. This is the only X3 Ive ever owned. Will they fit the 07? My guess would be yes but someone please inform me

This is incorrect. All off the shelf bolt on mods are designed for 2006 and younger. I know it won't fit. I tried. And I talked directly to Steve Dinan. Same there. I wish I was wrong. I talked to atspeedmotorsports one of the top speed shops on the east coast and they even said nope. Have to do a custom job. A full exhaust intake and out would give maybe 20 bhp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Evlengr 09-27-2012 08:54 PM

Also, DO NOT use an oiled air filter. It WILL screw up the MAF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

O7X3 09-28-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 7100973)
Also, DO NOT use an oiled air filter. It WILL screw up the MAF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO. Damn 2007 should of got one year older:mad:

usaret 09-28-2012 09:34 AM

There was a study some time back about air filters:

http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevrol...r-testing.html

All X3's already have cold air intakes.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...87&hg=13&fg=20


So I would look elsewhere for HP gains. You might get something with a more free flowing muffler but I doubt you'll see it anywhere except at or close to redline. The 2007's have the N52B30 engine which is the base X5 engine and at 265 HP is pretty close to the "M" standard of 100 HP per liter. I honestly don't think this engine has much more performance available no matter what you do to it.

SonicBoom 09-28-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usaret (Post 7101850)
There was a study some time back about air filters:

http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevrol...r-testing.html

All X3's already have cold air intakes.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...87&hg=13&fg=20


So I would look elsewhere for HP gains. You might get something with a more free flowing muffler but I doubt you'll see it anywhere except at or close to redline. The 2007's have the N52B30 engine which is the base X5 engine and at 265 HP is pretty close to the "M" standard of 100 HP per liter. I honestly don't think this engine has much more performance available no matter what you do to it.

Turbo :-)

usaret 09-28-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBoom (Post 7101926)
Turbo :-)

True. But that's extreme and most shops won't touch it if you have problems with it. My dad was a dealer tech for 38 years and he absolutely refused to work on modded cars. Once you touch it you take responsibility for it.

SonicBoom 09-28-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usaret (Post 7101948)
True. But that's extreme and most shops won't touch it if you have problems with it. My dad was a dealer tech for 38 years and he absolutely refused to work on modded cars. Once you touch it you take responsibility for it.

Nitrous :-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms