Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Very Frustrated Customer right now!! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648365)

Bimmer4412 09-26-2012 01:23 PM

Very Frustrated Customer right now!!

I believe this is my first post here on bimmerfest, but I have been trolling the forums here for months and have found the information here very helpful.

My frustration goes all the way back to June 16th when I ordered my 2013 335i MT. First I wasn't given a production number for 3 weeks. When I finally did get it, I was told I could not get the dynamic handling package unless I also ordered the M Sport Line. Needless to say after reading forums on here, I was pissed to find out that I could get it that way.

So weeks pass by, and finally on August 17th my car finishes production and is released to the shipping carrier in South Africa (I was finally told).

Since then, I've been talking to BMW NA, and my salesman. They keep telling me my car is one more week away, and a week goes by and nothing. Last week I was left a voicemail that my car was in and ready for pickup. When I called back, they said "OOPS, that's someone else's car"!

Today, I finally decided I've had enough (now waiting for over 3 months). I called the dealership directly and asked to speak to the sales manager. After he dug through some information and called me back, he said that my car is STILL at the port in Africa awaiting a shipping vessel!!!! :mad::mad:

He said he can't tell me when my car is going to ship and that even when it does, the journey to the states will take about three weeks! ( I live in CT).

I am so beside myself now, and honestly I almost feel like i want to cancel my order and go to Audi!

Can someone please give me some words of advice or at least talk me off the ledge here...

justinnum1 09-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer4412 (Post 7098182)
I believe this is my first post here on bimmerfest, but I have been trolling the forums here for months and have found the information here very helpful.

My frustration goes all the way back to June 16th when I ordered my 2013 335i MT. First I wasn't given a production number for 3 weeks. When I finally did get it, I was told I could not get the dynamic handling package unless I also ordered the M Sport Line. Needless to say after reading forums on here, I was pissed to find out that I could get it that way.

So weeks pass by, and finally on August 17th my car finishes production and is released to the shipping carrier in South Africa (I was finally told).

Since then, I've been talking to BMW NA, and my salesman. They keep telling me my car is one more week away, and a week goes by and nothing. Last week I was left a voicemail that my car was in and ready for pickup. When I called back, they said "OOPS, that's someone else's car"!

Today, I finally decided I've had enough (now waiting for over 3 months). I called the dealership directly and asked to speak to the sales manager. After he dug through some information and called me back, he said that my car is STILL at the port in Africa awaiting a shipping vessel!!!! :mad::mad:

He said he can't tell me when my car is going to ship and that even when it does, the journey to the states will take about three weeks! ( I live in CT).

I am so beside myself now, and honestly I almost feel like i want to cancel my order and go to Audi!

Can someone please give me some words of advice or at least talk me off the ledge here...

Don't go to audi. But do tell that dealer to go **** themselves. Start calling around and find a car that closely matches what you want.

tdd 09-26-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

I am so beside myself now, and honestly I almost feel like i want to cancel my order...

Cancel it. By the time you get the car, BMW may be in to its next model year.

Orient330iNYC 09-26-2012 01:46 PM

it sounds like they didnt have an allocation and strung you along.
IIRC, its closer to 4 weeks from durban to NY. 2 weeks from durban to bremerhaven, then another 2 weeks to ny.
find another dealer with a germany build allocation. it will take 4 weeks from start of production to delivery.

_Vida_ 09-26-2012 01:46 PM

That's BS that they scammed you into the Dynamic Handling package (although you will be pleased with it) in addition to mixing up your delivery with someone else's. Be sure to whack them on the survey.

Just to give you some perspective, it took me 5 months to get my 335 that I ordered in March. It was a South Africa build. The shipping time/schedule is brutal.

If you decide to keep your order be prepared to wait another month or so. Your car will most likely ship to Germany first, then CT.

I feel your pain, it sucks.

jammat 09-26-2012 02:16 PM

Cancel and go elsewhere, this is a complete farce. This dealer does not deserve your business. I absolutely 1005 would cancel if this happened to me and I would never use that dealer again. This really sucks. It's just unbelievable that they would want you to wait this long for a car; this takes all the fun out of the ordering process.

Bimmer4412 09-26-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Vida_ (Post 7098239)
That's BS that they scammed you into the Dynamic Handling package (although you will be pleased with it) in addition to mixing up your delivery with someone else's. Be sure to whack them on the survey.

Just to give you some perspective, it took me 5 months to get my 335 that I ordered in March. It was a South Africa build. The shipping time/schedule is brutal.

If you decide to keep your order be prepared to wait another month or so. Your car will most likely ship to Germany first, then CT.

I feel your pain, it sucks.

_Vida_,

They screwed me OUT of the dynamic handling. I wanted it, but they told me I had to add the M Sport Line to get it. I was not willing to pay the extra cash for that!

docloc 09-26-2012 02:26 PM

Cancel your order, get one the exact way you want built in Deutschland! My wife got her 335I about a month ago, what a blast to drive.

The X Men 09-26-2012 02:30 PM

I would talk to the general manager and ask for some compensation or else cancel the order.

windsor027 09-26-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

I feel for you brother but my advice for you is to cancel it. These A-holes not only strung you along for weeks now but gave you false info on the Dynamic handling package and I hate to say this to you its one must have option. My car by the time I get it will also be 3 months but my CA was upfront with this info. He told me the 335i is just difficult to get a build spot for so you will probably get the car by the end of September. Well found out yesterday it will land in NJ on October 2nd.

Just cancel the car and go to a dealership that will take good care of you, get the dynamic handling package. You waited this long might as well wait another few weeks and get what you want. if you are ordering the NAV you just might be able to get the updated NAV also. Again find out upfront the build date before you order.

I have one question for you. Why didn't you go to an Audi in the first place? if you wanted a 335i that is the car you will be happy with, not a substitution.

Deinonych 09-26-2012 03:28 PM

Your situation sounds very similar to mine earlier this year. Ordered in March, got a production number, then was strung along for the next four months. Finally took delivery in early July. Yes, I was miffed about the lack of information and the feeling of being strung along. But in the end, I'm extremely happy with my car and have put it all behind me.

CE750Jockey 09-26-2012 03:37 PM

Bimmer4412, I'd take the advice of the guys here on Bimmerfest. They've helped me through my process, saved me gobs of money, and ensured that I got what I want. They also know more than most of the dealer people because they have a passion for these cars. Cancel the order, surf this website, and find a dealer and CA that these guys recommend.

windsor027 09-26-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deinonych (Post 7098420)
Your situation sounds very similar to mine earlier this year. Ordered in March, got a production number, then was strung along for the next four months. Finally took delivery in early July. Yes, I was miffed about the lack of information and the feeling of being strung along. But in the end, I'm extremely happy with my car and have put it all behind me.

yea but these A-holes told him the wrong info and he didn't get the option he wanted. And its not just a POS option its an option where he will get so much pleasure in having it. I mean when it comes to my build if I don't get HK, ok, if I don't get front heated seats, ok, but if I don't get adaptive suspension, NAV and manual they can have the car. I am not taking delivery.

SuperTerp 09-26-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Unless you get an S4,S5,S6 or R8 all their cars suck :D

Deinonych 09-26-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsor027 (Post 7098441)
yea but these A-holes told him the wrong info and he didn't get the option he wanted. And its not just a POS option its an option where he will get so much pleasure in having it. I mean when it comes to my build if I don't get HK, ok, if I don't get front heated seats, ok, but if I don't get adaptive suspension, NAV and manual they can have the car. I am not taking delivery.

Good point!

doc_maverick 09-26-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Run as far away from this dealer as you can. I've had better sales experience at Honda and Toyota dealerships. Make sure u get back your deposit .... Seeing the way this a-hole has dragged u along , he might delay your deposit refund. Also make sure you let BMW NA know about your dealer experience .... That really hurts them the most ... Not to be sadistic but I really feel this is something that cannot be forgiven. I was able to place an order on the 7th aug , as promised he had an allocation number ready for me in 3 days along with the VIN, completed production on the 6th of Sept , sailed on the Toronto on the 13th and docked in NY today .... Hoping to get the car by the weekend. Bottem line it's very doable and any dealer that's dishonest deserves to be reprimanded . Start afresh collect info from dealers , look outside your regional dealers if need be, may be look for a European delivery to mitigate your loss and stress .... It'll be we'll worth it .... Good luck !

Mykatie 09-26-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7098214)
Don't go to audi. But do tell that dealer to go **** themselves. Start calling around and find a car that closely matches what you want.

Completely agree. Total lack of respect for your purchase by that dealership screams they in no way deserve your business.

MacManVA 09-27-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc_maverick (Post 7098573)
Run as far away from this dealer as you can. I've had better sales experience at Honda and Toyota dealerships. Make sure u get back your deposit .... Seeing the way this a-hole has dragged u along , he might delay your deposit refund. Also make sure you let BMW NA know about your dealer experience .... That really hurts them the most ... Not to be sadistic but I really feel this is something that cannot be forgiven. I was able to place an order on the 7th aug , as promised he had an allocation number ready for me in 3 days along with the VIN, completed production on the 6th of Sept , sailed on the Toronto on the 13th and docked in NY today .... Hoping to get the car by the weekend. Bottem line it's very doable and any dealer that's dishonest deserves to be reprimanded . Start afresh collect info from dealers , look outside your regional dealers if need be, may be look for a European delivery to mitigate your loss and stress .... It'll be we'll worth it .... Good luck !

Doc...I am so jealous and upset! :mad: Like you I completed production on 9/6 but for 2 weeks the status was released to carrier awaiting transportation to exit port. Now since 9/20 the status is in transit to exit port. Dealer hasn't been able to tell me any more and nobody has any idea why. There are 3 ships in the next week leaving for Baltimore and I pray I am on one of them.

I wish someone could explain the rhyme and reason behind the inconsistencies with post production transportation.

windsor027 09-27-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacManVA (Post 7099440)
Doc...I am so jealous and upset! :mad: Like you I completed production on 9/6 but for 2 weeks the status was released to carrier awaiting transportation to exit port. Now since 9/20 the status is in transit to exit port. Dealer hasn't been able to tell me any more and nobody has any idea why. There are 3 ships in the next week leaving for Baltimore and I pray I am on one of them.

I wish someone could explain the rhyme and reason behind the inconsistencies with post production transportation.

Same here man, at least I am on the Carmen eta in NY/NJ October 2nd. but my car was completed on the 3rd and it took 17 days to get on a boat? WTF? did they have to push it to port?

Mykatie 09-27-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacManVA (Post 7099440)

+1 not just post production. I went nutty waiting for my dealer production slot purchase to be built. I read on here others production started only days after order went in. Mine took almost 5 weeks to start build. I know the factory closed for two weeks, but cars ordered during that time were even built before mine started. I am not complaining in due time I will be riding. I just would love to know how they do things. :dunno:

MacManVA 09-27-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsor027 (Post 7099459)
Same here man, at least I am on the Carmen eta in NY/NJ October 2nd. but my car was completed on the 3rd and it took 17 days to get on a boat? WTF? did they have to push it to port?

I just confirmed from BMWOooompaLoompa.com that my car is being personally brought to port by the Ooompa Loompa's themselves.

Michael Schott 09-27-2012 06:38 AM

I'm with everyone else. Your dealer totally screwed with you and is being dishonest. It's worth it to cancel the order and reorder the exact car you want (with Dynamic handling) from a better dealer. The entire process from ordering to receiving your car should take no more than 2 months.

voip-ninja 09-27-2012 06:47 AM

This dealer apparently has no integrity. They did not have a 335i allocation slot available (or if they did they gave it to someone else) and strung you along for weeks. Call around and see if you can find a dealer with open allocation for a 335i to be built in GERMANY in October and you would have the car before Thanksgiving more than likely. You could also check board sponsors, I think there is at least one in NY.

You should not leave the dealership without your build number... anything else is BS.

BOBBY DOBSON 09-27-2012 07:00 AM

WOW, I can't stand when people lie.

I would get my deposit back for sure.

Good luck.

bmwf30 09-27-2012 07:02 AM

This is just ridiculous. Cancel the order and re-order or find a matching one at another dealership. The 2013s are still scarce but could still be on the lots of some dealerships. You have already wasted your time with this dealership and they played you like a fiddle. Don't waste anymore time, get your deposit back, tell them to **** off go to another dealership. I just got my car last week and I opted for the DHP at order. I can tell you that it is a must have option and the driving experience so good that it cannot be expressed in words. Factory shutdown was just over last month so if you order now you can still get it in 8 weeks. They told you the car was in and then realized it was someone elses? That makes my blood boil. That would've been it for me. Wouldve walked out with my deposit and never looked back.