Reference - Original BMW Accessories for the E65/E66
I thought a thread was in order to show Original BMW Accessories offered for the E65 and E66. Sometimes the BMW accessory catalogs don't provide much detail. Please post part numbers and photos.
Universal Rear Protective Cover
BMW Part Number: 52 30 0 414 362 Universal Rear Protective Cover
Not for vehicles with rear comfort seats (although rear electric head rests would not interfere).
- plastic lined bottom
- split 60 / 40 with a zipper
- plastic tabs keep the outside edges in place
- zipper openings for seat belts
- door covers have metal tabs attaching using elastic (I find the door panels too tight to use these metal tabs - the end result is the door covers flop around a bit when not attached)
Fitted Luggage Compartment Mat
BMW Part Number: 51 47 0 142 390 Fitted Luggage Compartment Mat
- one piece flexible plastic
- notched back lip for those with optional ski sack
- covers entire floor pan
First Aid Kit
BMW Part Number: 82 11 0 146 022 First Aid Kit
- included adhesive velcro fastener to attach bottom vinyl bag to tool tray
Key Fob D-Ring
BMW Part Number: 51 21 6 927 692 Shackle Set
- 2 D-rings are included
- need small (jeweler size) flat head screwdriver to remove threaded pin and to tighten
Silver Bulb conversion
BMW Part Number: 63 12 0 420 391 CONVERSION KIT, BULBS, SILVER - no longer available!
BMW had a kit to convert all your turn indicator bulbs to the "silver" version, assuming you have the white turn indicator lenses. This kit is NLA (no longer available). However the individual bulbs still can be purchased.
63-21-7-165-496 BULB SILVER, 12V 5W (ask your BMW parts counter to NOT allow this number to be superseded, otherwise you get a normal amber bulb)
63-21-7-160-897 BULB SILVER, 12V 21W
In order to install the 21W headlight turn indicator bulbs you will need the Euro socket, as the North American socket is designed for wedge style bulbs. This Euro socket has a plastic tab that prevents it from being installed in North American spec headlights. A razor blade can be used to remove the tab.
63-12-6-916-102 BULB SOCKET, TURN INDICATOR
The 21W silver bulbs are actually Philips Silver Vision PY21W bulbs with a BAU15s base, though Philips doesn't seem to distribute them in North America. Supposedly you can get the same bulb from VW (number N 102 564 04).
Oil Filter Cover for reinforcement plate
BMW Part Number: 51 71 7 141 464 COVER, REINFORCEMENT PLATE
(This isn't really an accessory, but I find it usefull...)
- reduces debris on oil filter housing
- improves airflow over reinforcement plate?
BMW Part Number: 71 60 6 770 096 WARNING TRIANGLE
- fills the last void in your safety tool kit
- warn other drivers should you need to be on the side of the road
- not orderable from your local BMW Dealer (I imported mine from Europe)
note, I did import 1 extra and it's in the classified section for sale...
BMW Part Number: 83 31 0 153 163 JUMPER CABLE WITH SAFETY CIRCUIT
- 25mm2 cross section
- very flexible outer jacket
- fully insulted battery clamps
- overvoltage protection circuit
- not orderable from your US based BMW Dealer (I imported mine from Europe)
- a heavier gauge can be ordered: 83-31-0-148-279
This appears to be the manufacture's website, though BMW has requested them to fit a different battery clamp than shown in their photo.
The poly bag is a bit large for the product, though it does have a piece of Velcro sewn on the back side so you could attach it to any of the lined trunk areas.
I just put a piece of packing foam over the spare tire and placed the jumper cables around the center support piece.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms