Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Which wax is best for 2013 bmw? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649103)

frostyleigh 09-30-2012 05:34 PM

Which wax is best for 2013 bmw?

I just got a can of meguiars ultimate paste wax and read a few forums on waxing first. My concern is staining of plastic trim. I have an m package which has some black trim on the
rear bumper and I am not sure which other trim might be stained by this type of product.
Does anyone have input on this? The last thing I want to do is stain trim parts on my car.
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!

justinnum1 09-30-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostyleigh (Post 7105750)
I just got a can of meguiars ultimate paste wax and read a few forums on waxing first. My concern is staining of plastic trim. I have an m package which has some black trim on the
rear bumper and I am not sure which other trim might be stained by this type of product.
Does anyone have input on this? The last thing I want to do is stain trim parts on my car.
My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!

dont wax the platsic parts

AndDown 09-30-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!

I've used "Klasse All-in-One" for years and have not had any issues with it. Just did our Alpine White and did not have problems with staining the trim. It applies easily and buffs off nicely with a random orbital polisher. Will apply Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealer over the Klasse - didn't have time this go around. There are so many ways and materials available, you'll get different opinions from everyone :bigpimp:.

vern 10-01-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

My car is Alpine white.
Thanks!

P21S NO white residue on any parts that you might get it on. Goes on and off easy and holds up very good. Good luck:thumbup:
cheers
vern

Mykatie 10-01-2012 07:44 AM

I have always been happy with zaino products on my other cars. PREP is important no MATTER what you use.

martyl 10-01-2012 07:45 AM

Nothing is easier to use than Klasse and the results are fantastic.

JoeFromPA 10-01-2012 09:00 AM

Klasse all in one is not a wax or sealant and it's protection is minimal.

There is no one wax or sealant. Waxes give the best shine, sealants give the longest protection. Typically the harder it is to remove, the longer it lasts. Howveer, as noted, there are good products that can get onto plastic parts and not discolor them. And good products that apply easily.

Klasse sealant glaze is amazing, but it takes a lot of experience to apply and remove it right...otherwise it's a pain in the butt.

Griots show liquid wax is easy to use and remove, has a great shine, and lasts a fe months.

I drive 20k miles a year or more and have a black car. I use sealant glaze in the spring after a clay and polish job. A few months later I top it with a good griots wax. I care about protection mostly, shine second.

If I had a silver car or other light metallic, focus my efforts on sealants only twice or three times per year.

If I drove in low dust conditions and only drove 10k miles a year, I might do 5x per year wax jobs with only carnauba for great shine.

See what I mean....no one way for all peopel

samualcc 10-01-2012 10:29 AM

I have been using Werkstat products on my new Alpine white vehicle, and have been pleased.

http://www.werkstat.com/index2.php

I used acrylic prime then four coats of acrylic jet. It is so easy to put on, and has a nice sheen. Been doing quick details with their gloss product and have been very happy with it.

Might try Zaino once my supply runs out.