Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   F30 as loaner (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649250)

Matrixolution 10-01-2012 01:01 PM

F30 as loaner
 
I got an F30 as loaner today when i did an oil change on my E90.

The "only" thing that i like about the F30 is the trunk open feature. It pops fully open when i hit the trunk button. I wish i have that on my E90.

spicytofu 10-02-2012 06:18 AM

I cant wait until I bring my car for her first oil change. I hope they give me a loaner! I know its optional but is there any method you can do to ensure you will get a loaner? (e.g. I bring it in on a weekday after work.)

Matrixolution 10-02-2012 06:28 AM

The even funnier thing is I knew i wasn't qualify for the free oil change yet (as i'm only at 10,000km). I told the service consultant that i will be paying for the lube.

So yesterday, i dropped off the car, picked up the loaner, drove to work, came back after work, i saw the work order saying Lube service. At the end it says "Job Deleted".
I spoke to the lady and she said my car wasn't due for the oil change yet.

I basically took the loaner for a day without accomplishing anything. At least she was apologetic.

Should i be worry about skipping my 10000km oil change?

spicytofu 10-02-2012 06:31 AM

So you paid for a service that was never performed?

Matrixolution 10-02-2012 06:37 AM

no, i didn't pay.

i saw the invoice which was $0. and i was curious..

spicytofu 10-02-2012 06:54 AM

so you brought in the car before the OCI and got a free loaner. Then you get to bring in the car again when it is due and get another loaner. Sounds good to me.

Matrixolution 10-02-2012 06:56 AM

but my point is to get the oil change done now, which did not happen...

jburke4689 10-02-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7108383)
so you brought in the car before the OCI and got a free loaner. Then you get to bring in the car again when it is due and get another loaner. Sounds good to me.

Spicy, what dealer will you use. Russel and Tischer (Silver Spring) both give loaners if available. Monday's early morning seems to be the worst time. Other than that, they have never failed to give me a loaner.

Wihelm G 10-02-2012 10:58 AM

Chances of getting a loaner are often related to (a) whether or not the car was purchased there and (b) whether or not you have an appointment for the service you are bringing it in for.

spicytofu 10-03-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburke4689 (Post 7108506)
Spicy, what dealer will you use. Russel and Tischer (Silver Spring) both give loaners if available. Monday's early morning seems to be the worst time. Other than that, they have never failed to give me a loaner.

I bought it new from Tischer. I will email the the guy who sold me the car telling him I will bring it in for service. I do know how long it takes to change the oil. If they take an hour to change the oil, will they still give me a loaner?

The X Men 10-03-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wihelm G (Post 7108929)
Chances of getting a loaner are often related to (a) whether or not the car was purchased there and (b) whether or not you have an appointment for the service you are bringing it in for.

I never service my cars where I bought it and I have never had any problem getting a loaner, you just have to call ahead. On that note, most BMW dealer around here do not give out loaners for just an oil change.

CALWATERBOY 10-03-2012 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrixolution (Post 7108317)
The even funnier thing is I knew i wasn't qualify for the free oil change yet (as i'm only at 10,000km). I told the service consultant that i will be paying for the lube.

So yesterday, i dropped off the car, picked up the loaner, drove to work, came back after work, i saw the work order saying Lube service. At the end it says "Job Deleted".
I spoke to the lady and she said my car wasn't due for the oil change yet.

I basically took the loaner for a day without accomplishing anything. At least she was apologetic.

Should i be worry about skipping my 10000km oil change?

What 10k km oil change? That's 6214 mi, less than half the interval typical for these cars.

Then again, free 1 day F30 rip-it test drive? Woo-Hoo! I'm there for 'em....

Attachment 344165

CALWATERBOY 10-03-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrixolution (Post 7107011)
I got an F30 as loaner today when i did an oil change on my E90.

The "only" thing that i like about the F30 is the trunk open feature. It pops fully open when i hit the trunk button. I wish i have that on my E90.


So, Matrix.....post a road test eval....

Matrixolution 10-03-2012 08:52 AM

Good:

- I liked how the truck popped open all the way up when I released the truck from inside or remote open trunk from remote.

- mileage was excellent. It's about 150km (93 miles) round trip between dealer and my office. Got the loaner at full tank. When returning the indicator was still above "Full". Didn't need to fill up upon return. Though i was driving 25% in Sport Mode, 25% in Comfort Mode, and 50% in Eco Mode.


Bad:

- Did not like the Auto Start Stop. I was gunning at a red light and forgot to turn off ASS mode. I felt like a newbee driving a stick and stalling in the middle of the intersection... so embarassing.

- Interior felt plasticky. Both my E90 and the loaner F30 are leatherette. But the leatherette in the loaner felt a lot plastickier.

- In terms of driving (sorry, i'm not expert here), it felt under power compare to mine. With it in DS mode, it just didn't feel the same way as mine.. i guess "lagging" would be the term.

beden1 10-03-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7108302)
I cant wait until I bring my car for her first oil change. I hope they give me a loaner! I know its optional but is there any method you can do to ensure you will get a loaner? (e.g. I bring it in on a weekday after work.)

Usually a dealer asks for 10 days to 2 weeks advanced notice in order to make sure they have a loaner available during your service visit. The dealer has the incentive to provide you with a loaner in hopes that you will like the new model so much that you'll want to trade up.

beden1 10-03-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrixolution (Post 7108396)
but my point is to get the oil change done now, which did not happen...

I would get the oil change now, particularly if you bought the car. I had my oil changed at 1,500 miles and 4,500 miles. I currently have 6,200 miles on the odometer.

Yeoman 10-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7108383)
so you brought in the car before the OCI and got a free loaner. Then you get to bring in the car again when it is due and get another loaner. Sounds good to me.

Sounds like a waste of time

Yeoman 10-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 7111381)
I would get the oil change now, particularly if you bought the car. I had my oil changed at 1,500 miles and 4,500 miles. I currently have 6,200 miles on the odometer.

Utter waste of money.

Kilgore Trout 10-04-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrixolution (Post 7110870)
Good:

- I liked how the truck popped open all the way up when I released the truck from inside or remote open trunk from remote.

- mileage was excellent. It's about 150km (93 miles) round trip between dealer and my office. Got the loaner at full tank. When returning the indicator was still above "Full". Didn't need to fill up upon return. Though i was driving 25% in Sport Mode, 25% in Comfort Mode, and 50% in Eco Mode.


Bad:

- Did not like the Auto Start Stop. I was gunning at a red light and forgot to turn off ASS mode. I felt like a newbee driving a stick and stalling in the middle of the intersection... so embarassing.

- Interior felt plasticky. Both my E90 and the loaner F30 are leatherette. But the leatherette in the loaner felt a lot plastickier.

- In terms of driving (sorry, i'm not expert here), it felt under power compare to mine. With it in DS mode, it just didn't feel the same way as mine.. i guess "lagging" would be the term.

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction to the 'ette in the F30. Overall, the interior felt el cheapo to me, but I felt like the 'ette was a lot better than what I've experienced in E90 loaners.

pointandgo 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrixolution (Post 7108317)
The even funnier thing is I knew i wasn't qualify for the free oil change yet (as i'm only at 10,000km). I told the service consultant that i will be paying for the lube.

So yesterday, i dropped off the car, picked up the loaner, drove to work, came back after work, i saw the work order saying Lube service. At the end it says "Job Deleted".
I spoke to the lady and she said my car wasn't due for the oil change yet.

I basically took the loaner for a day without accomplishing anything. At least she was apologetic.

Should i be worry about skipping my 10000km oil change?

So I'm in a similar situation...my car is under 7,000 miles, but my dealer is "scolding me" for not bringing it in and throwing a "loaner" at me (see my thread). Granted, I'm over one year, but my service-based indicator says that IT'S NOT TIME YET. Go figure.

Bemo 10-04-2012 08:20 PM

Every time I get an F30 loaner, I can't wait to get the E90 back. It should be the other way around. I can't think of a better, or worse, way to summarize the experience. The push into luxury Land, while logical but to the detriment of driving dynamics, has never been more apparent. I'm hoping that the new M3 reverses this trend, and please no fake engine noise through the stereo, WTF BMW?????

Kilgore Trout 10-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bemo (Post 7114644)
Every time I get an F30 loaner, I can't wait to get the E90 back. It should be the other way around. I can't think of a better, or worse, way to summarize the experience. The push into luxury Land, while logical but to the detriment of driving dynamics, has never been more apparent. I'm hoping that the new M3 reverses this trend, and please no fake engine noise through the stereo, WTF BMW?????

In terms of dynamics, I think the new F30 is every bit the equal (and probably even the superior of) the E90. If not for the EPS, it would be a killer sports sedan.

beden1 10-04-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeoman (Post 7112281)
Utter waste of money.

My car and my money. It may be old school, but I've never had issues with any of my cars that I have kept 10+ years. Besides, 2 of the oil changes were free under BMW warranty.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms