Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Car and Driver 2013 BMW 328 vs 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649692)

tim330i 10-03-2012 02:01 PM

Car and Driver 2013 BMW 328 vs 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzrhLNdY5rU

Car and Driver tests the BMW F30 328i against the Cadillac ATS 2.0t. Can the new caddy dethrone the BMW 3 series from the the front of the entry-level luxury segment?

Make sure you also watch Motor Trends' video review of the BMW 328i vs the Cadillac ATS

jlukja 10-03-2012 03:22 PM

Wow. Better chassis, better steering, more fun, yet it still comes in 2nd? This isn't BMW swatting away another fly, its winning by the hair on its chinny chin chin.

captainaudio 10-03-2012 03:28 PM

It appears that Cadillac has come up with a very good car.

CA

Carnook 10-03-2012 03:47 PM

I swear these reviewers are testing the cars in comfort mode. I'd be curious to know whether they were in comfort or sport mode.

dtc100 10-03-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnook (Post 7111868)
I swear these reviewers are testing the cars in comfort mode. I'd be curious to know whether they were in comfort or sport mode.

These reviewers all know 3 series like the back of their hands. It is the ATS they are not familiar with. I have to agree with them, while test-driving an ATS V6, I had wished the ATS chassis was in the new 3 series.

Saintor 10-06-2012 03:54 PM

I got my C&D... here are interesting figures;

2013 ATS L4 2.0T 272HP / 2013 328i L4 2.0T 240HP / 2006 330i I6 3.0 255HP All manual.

Weight 3477lbs / 3390lbs / 3458lbs
On 1200miles+ 19mpg / 23mpg / 25mpg
0-60mph 6.3s / 5.6s / 5.9s
5-60mph 7.4s / 6.6s / 6.5s

Those ridiculous 2.0T don't perform any better the larger NA engines of yore, not even direct injected neither are they significantly lighter. What a joke.

captainaudio 10-06-2012 04:19 PM

What I found interesting was that the C&D reviewer praised the BMW manual transmission as one of the best while the MT reviewer found it to be the weak point of the car.

CA

windsor027 10-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7117920)
What I found interesting was that the C&D reviewer praised the BMW manual transmission as one of the best while the MT reviewer found it to be the weak point of the car.

CA

Exactly Captain. That is why I say always drive the car yourself first. I never base my purchase on what a magazine said.

Jamesonsviggen 10-06-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintor (Post 7117893)
I got my C&D... here are interesting figures;

2013 ATS L4 2.0T 272HP / 2013 328i L4 2.0T 240HP / 2006 330i I6 3.0 255HP All manual.


On 1200miles+ 19mpg / 23mpg / 25mpg


Those ridiculous 2.0T don't perform any better the larger NA engines of yore, not even direct injected neither are they significantly lighter. What a joke.

Haha, are you serious?

Tons of variables there. Go by EPA or people driving all cars in a similar fashion. Digging up some figure from a magazine for the 330 and making it out that it was the same driving situation as 6 years later, come on.:eeps:

EPA is deep into the 30's on the N20 and owners are even averaging as high as 40mpg like me.

justinnum1 10-06-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7118074)
Haha, are you serious?

Tons of variables there. Go by EPA or people driving all cars in a similar fashion. Digging up some figure from a magazine for the 330 and making it out that it was the same driving situation as 6 years later, come on.:eeps:

EPA is deep into the 30's on the N20 and owners are even averaging as high as 40mpg like me.

Saintor is a well known N20 troll. 8 months ago all he did was bring up the camary v6 and say its better than the N20.

You should never have to see someone's post if they are on your ignore list, even if someone else quotes them. Bug with vBulletin.

Saintor 10-06-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118089)
Saintor is a well known N20 troll. 8 months ago all he did was bring up the camary v6 and say its better than the N20.

Because it is for anybody with a brain and the skill to review objective data. Even better when you consider NVH and engine sound experience.

Quote:

EPA is deep into the 30's on the N20
Not at all. :bs: No better than the N55.

Jamesonsviggen 10-06-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintor (Post 7118105)
Because it is for anybody with a brain and the skill to review objective data. Even better when you consider NVH and engine sound experience.



Not at all. :bs: No better than the N55.

EPA was something like 36, then they rolled it back to 33 or so.

Go check EPA on the '06 330.

Also, go buy real numbers. I go by dyno numbers(I in fact dyno'd mine). You will see Dynojets on Youtube showing 230-250whp and even more tq out of the N20. Again compare that to dyno's of the 330.

Facts are facts.

Saintor 10-06-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7118112)

Facts are facts.


And that is the reason why C&D got better mpg figures for a 2006 330i than a 2012+ 328i, which was derated by EPA. The N20 just sucks and doesn't deserve to be in any BMW. I don't care about dyno test; 5-60 is the same/even better on the 330i.

justinnum1 10-06-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7118112)
EPA was something like 36, then they rolled it back to 33 or so.

Go check EPA on the '06 330.

Also, go buy real numbers. I go by dyno numbers(I in fact dyno'd mine). You will see Dynojets on Youtube showing 230-250whp and even more tq out of the N20. Again compare that to dyno's of the 330.

Facts are facts.

Why bother? Dude is a huge troll. He was gone for a while, looks like he's back tho :tsk:

Saintor 10-06-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118125)
F30 328 sport going to be returned soon

F30 335 Msport on the way with performance exhasut

Interesting.

*And proving exactly my point*.

Jamesonsviggen 10-06-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintor (Post 7118119)
And that is the reason why C&D got better mpg figures for a 2006 330i than a 2012+ 328i, which was derated by EPA. The N20 just sucks and doesn't deserve to be in any BMW. I don't care about dyno test; 5-60 is the same/even better on the 330i.

C&D tests were different drivers, different years, tons of variables and has no bearing being compared to the N20.

5-60? You found one way where the 330 could be better? Yeah, if I stomp on my car at 5mph there is plenty of wheelspin. It's called tq, something the N20 makes a fair bit more of. How bout looking at 0-60, 0-100, trap speeds, 1/4 mile.

Getting into big boy discussions, I really hope the car in your signature is not the extent of your stable. Otherwise you are fitting into the stereotype of what I have seen at BMW events that I now avoid like the plaque.

I am done, I am thinking your tag as a troll might be correct.

Jamesonsviggen 10-06-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118125)
Why bother? Dude is a huge troll. He was gone for a while, looks like he's back tho :tsk:

First person on a BMW forum, I have ever had to put on ignore. :bigpimp:

Saintor 10-06-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7118146)
First person on a BMW forum, I have ever had to put on ignore. :bigpimp:

Too bad because, thanks to me, you would avoid to make mistake like justinnum1 and save a ton of money, :D

justinnum1 10-06-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7118146)
First person on a BMW forum, I have ever had to put on ignore. :bigpimp:

Yea, i never understand why someone who doesn't own the car, has no intention of getting the car but enjoys coming on this forum and try and talk **** about the engine and or car.

Saintor is the definition of a troll.

Clarissa 10-06-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118160)
Yea, i never understand why someone who doesn't own the car, has no intention of getting the car but enjoys coming on this forum and try and talk **** about the engine and or car.

Saintor is the definition of a troll.

I don't have a car and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. But i'm here because it's a hobby. Criticizing a car shouldn't be a privilege for car owners....

Saintor 10-06-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118160)
Yea, i never understand why someone who doesn't own the car, has no intention of getting the car but enjoys coming on this forum and try and talk **** about the engine and or car.

Saintor is the definition of a troll.


Not really. I am just bringing a truthful view on the subject and this doesn't please you. That's all.

Again, why did you/want to get rid of that N20 if you were *SO PLEASED* with it?

Be honest for a change.

justinnum1 10-06-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarissa (Post 7118166)
I don't have a car and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. But i'm here because it's a hobby. Criticizing a car shouldn't be a privilege for car owners....

Are all your posts talking about how terrible the N20 engine is and how it's not a real bmw?

A nice feature of this site is the ignore feature. I never have to read any of Saintors garbage unless someone quotes him.

Saintor 10-06-2012 07:17 PM

Why don't you answer the question? Truth hurts, doesnt' it?

Clarissa 10-06-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 7118177)
Are all your posts talking about how terrible the N20 engine is and how it's not a real bmw?

A nice feature of this site is the ignore feature. I never have to read any of Saintors garbage unless someone quotes him.

No, i have nothing against the N20. I'm new here, so I have yet to find what is what around here. But I expected this place to be less hostile and a lot more friendly...considering we are all here because we like BMWs.

justinnum1 10-06-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarissa (Post 7118184)
No, i have nothing against the N20. I'm new here, so I have yet to find what is what around here. But I expected this place to be less hostile and a lot more friendly...considering we are all here because we like BMWs.

This place is pretty good for the most part, more trolls on this site than the other forum tho which is unfortunate.

When you have trolls that don't own an F30 and have no intention to purchase one but they feel the need to come here and post things like(which is pretty much all this guy has to say on these message boards)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintor (Post 7118119)
The N20 just sucks and doesn't deserve to be in any BMW.


Bunch of really knowledgeable posters here, what car do you currently own?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms