Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Any one have Idea? for angel eye 2008 LCI mine look different.... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649755)

gold871101 10-03-2012 06:35 PM

Any one have Idea? for angel eye 2008 LCI mine look different....

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I have 2008 528i E60 LCI, and I purchased angel eye kit from online.

First time, I saw post that for LCI models, it does not have to take the headlight off from car for change angel eye. However, I tried and I think there was too small space behind angel eye for my hand to get in move freely. So it wasn't my issue.

I decide to take head light off since, it does not seem that hard, and it wasn't hard!! took only 5 min and cost only $10 for buy start shape screw driver from pepboys. I took off the angel eye lamp and try to connect mine ....but it was different plug!!(picture attached) furthermore my original one is really short, on the other hands, the one i bought is long (picture attached) I was so mad for ebay seller who sent me wrong item, but after I searched little bit, I see some sellers who list same light for E60 LCI model... I am sure my car is 2008 528i...but why mine seems different than others?

Can any one give me any comments? Thanks in advance!!

F1.tifosi 10-03-2012 07:13 PM

Yes where did you purchase this..?

gold871101 10-03-2012 08:02 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251125187478...84.m1439.l2649
after some research, why mine look like 2004-2007 E60?? I have dark orangish cover angel light.. and short.

booyaazaa 10-03-2012 08:02 PM

That connector looks like a pre-lci ae bulb. If the corner/turn lights in your headlights are smooth and do not have clear fins you have a pre-lci. No matter what you need to get pre-lci ae bulbs since they are a different plug and size, h7 bulb vs h8 bulb.

gold871101 10-03-2012 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by booyaazaa (Post 7112369)
That connector looks like a pre-lci ae bulb. If the corner/turn lights in your headlights are smooth and do not have clear fins you have a pre-lci. No matter what you need to get pre-lci ae bulbs since they are a different plug and size, h7 bulb vs h8 bulb.

Mine is LCI, I see clear fin at corner light, but yes after some research, my agel light bulb looks like 04-07 E60, is it because mine was non xenon?

2chill 10-03-2012 11:08 PM

Slow down guys...The problem is your car has halogen headlights. The bulbs in the LCI halogen headlight angel eyes are in fact different from the bulbs in the xenon headlight angel eyes which take H8. (Halogen headlight A/E bulbs look like a flashlight type bulb and lense with a different connector). I wouldn't blame the seller on E-bay if you didn't mention it to him. You need to find a kit for the halogen headlights but it's not easy. Most A/E kits are for the xenon headlights. I would ask the seller to return the item you ordered but you'll be screwed for the shipping charges.
Good luck.

2chill 10-03-2012 11:25 PM

OP, after looking at the ad you can try to argue that the ad lists your car as being compatible. The ad should state "528i xenon headlights only". Right now the ad is misleading. Don't bother trying to splice the wires to your harness as the bulb will not fit your headlight housing. A few months ago a company that advertises on this forum stated there were no aftermarket kits available for the LCI halogen headlight angel eyes. I'm not sure if that's still the case now. But this issue caused me to buy the incorrect bulb for my halogen headlight angel eyes also several months ago. I had to go to the dealer for the correct bulb.

booyaazaa 10-04-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2chill (Post 7112618)
Slow down guys...The problem is your car has halogen headlights. The bulbs in the LCI halogen headlight angel eyes are in fact different from the bulbs in the xenon headlight angel eyes which take H8. (Halogen headlight A/E bulbs look like a flashlight type bulb and lense with a different connector). I wouldn't blame the seller on E-bay if you didn't mention it to him. You need to find a kit for the halogen headlights but it's not easy. Most A/E kits are for the xenon headlights. I would ask the seller to return the item you ordered but you'll be screwed for the shipping charges.
Good luck.

My bad. I had a brain fart last nite and realized it this morning when i started up my car that he probably had halogen lights and not xenon.

E92-Lighting 02-05-2013 09:03 AM

we carry both the Xenon headlights angel eyes and Halogen headlights angel eyes for all E60s of every year