Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   2014 MT Availability (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649788)

jeffjaz 10-03-2012 10:39 PM

2014 MT Availability
 
Is anyone aware of plans to offer/not offer a manual transmission on the 2014 328 xDrive?

Michael Schott 10-04-2012 05:27 AM

I've read nothing to indicate they will drop the MT on sedans. You never know but as of now only the F31 wagon is AT only.

voip-ninja 10-04-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffjaz (Post 7112600)
Is anyone aware of plans to offer/not offer a manual transmission on the 2014 328 xDrive?

You can't get an MT6 on the 2013 328i x-drive so I don't see why they would add it back on the 2014, unless there is massive demand for it, which there probably isn't.

jeffjaz 10-04-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voip-ninja (Post 7113267)
You can't get an MT6 on the 2013 328i x-drive so I don't see why they would add it back on the 2014, unless there is massive demand for it, which there probably isn't.

I probably would have pulled the trigger on an F30 purchase by now if I didn't have to spring for the 335 to get AWD and MT. I imagine I'm not alone on that but I suspect you're correct in your assessment. That would be a shame.

voip-ninja 10-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffjaz (Post 7113464)
I probably would have pulled the trigger on an F30 purchase by now if I didn't have to spring for the 335 to get AWD and MT. I imagine I'm not alone on that but I suspect you're correct in your assessment. That would be a shame.

My only words of advice on this, having initially detested the idea of losing an MT is.... the auto gearbox on the F30 is very, VERY good, and I don't miss having a stick.... ever.... and that's all I drove for about 18 years.

bmw_or_audi 10-07-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffjaz (Post 7112600)
Is anyone aware of plans to offer/not offer a manual transmission on the 2014 328 xDrive?

I highly doubt you will get more MT offerings. If anything, you should be worried about the availability of MTs on any configuration. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW dropped MTs altogether in a year or two.

voip-ninja 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi (Post 7119358)
I highly doubt you will get more MT offerings. If anything, you should be worried about the availability of MTs on any configuration. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW dropped MTs altogether in a year or two.

I think the logical progression would be that they stop offering it on the 328i next... especially if uptake is as low as I suspect it is.

Next it becomes a paid-for option on the 335i/340i. I bet dealers would look at this as a potential deterrent from people special ordering an MT car, then backing out, leaving the dealer with a hard to sell option.

Michael Schott 10-08-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voip-ninja (Post 7119368)
I think the logical progression would be that they stop offering it on the 328i next... especially if uptake is as low as I suspect it is.

Next it becomes a paid-for option on the 335i/340i. I bet dealers would look at this as a potential deterrent from people special ordering an MT car, then backing out, leaving the dealer with a hard to sell option.

I don't see this happening at all. First of all Audi and Infiniti still offer MT's on their cars as does Cadillac on the ATS. While BMW has dampened the 328 recently it's still the best sport sedan in it's class. Can you imagine the uproar from the car rags if BMW were to stop offering the MT in the sedan and coupe?

Regarding volume, it's been less than 10% and probably less than 5% for many years now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms