Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Pics of my new 650! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649933)

NM650DB 10-04-2012 05:22 PM

Pics of my new 650!
 
I decided to break out the camera this afternoon and take a few photos of my new car. It's a beautiful early fall afternoon in New Mexico, so I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity. Enjoy!

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...-Edit-1024.jpg

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...-Edit-1024.jpg

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...-Edit-1024.jpg

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...-Edit-1024.jpg

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...-Edit-1024.jpg

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/Oth...G2078-1024.jpg

riksut 10-04-2012 06:52 PM

Looks great, congrats!

hammadurb 10-04-2012 07:51 PM

Love the color combo! Congrats!

TopDownInFL 10-04-2012 07:57 PM

Looks great!

EmM HoLLa 10-04-2012 07:59 PM

Awesome!

vegadonovan 10-04-2012 08:07 PM

=) looks real good. I like White!

Itinj6 10-04-2012 08:07 PM

Beautiful! Congrats and enjoy in good health.

640GC 10-07-2012 12:04 AM

Sharp car. The light in New Mexico is great for photography. Really makes your car pop! Waiting for our car to be re-delivered after our ED. It's currently on a boat over the Atlantic somewhere. One of our first road trips will be to Santa Fe and Albuquerque! Need my fix of Red and Green Chile!

Ace535i 10-07-2012 03:46 AM

What is the pastport devise in your car?

NM650DB 10-07-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace535i (Post 7118584)
What is the pastport devise in your car?

It's the Passport 8500ci Plus built-in radar detector with GPS. It offers great protection, and the GPS feature helps lock out false alarms.

JONNYCHIRO 10-07-2012 09:20 AM

Sweet! Enjoy!

Ace535i 10-07-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NM650DB (Post 7118778)
It's the Passport 8500ci Plus built-in radar detector with GPS. It offers great protection, and the GPS feature helps lock out false alarms.

IC, where is the GPS component of the devise?

Was the Passport 8500ci difficult to install, have all those BMW fiber optic wires? What is a good price range, and method to find a qualified installer for this device?

What a beauty your car is!! :) Any issues so far?

NM650DB 10-07-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace535i (Post 7118911)
IC, where is the GPS component of the devise?

Was the Passport 8500ci difficult to install, have all those BMW fiber optic wires? What is a good price range, and method to find a qualified installer for this device?

What a beauty your car is!! :) Any issues so far?

The GPS module is installed on the flat surface behind the back seats, close to where the rear windshield meets the flat area. I paid $700 for the detector, and had it installed by my BMW dealer. It took a few hours of labor, but they did a really nice job.

I'm glad you like the car; I do too! The only issue I've had is with a rattle in the front passenger seat; they have mostly fixed the problem, but it still makes a little noise on occasion. Other than that the car has been perfect!

Ace535i 10-07-2012 02:35 PM

Is the device truely worth its weight in gold?

What does the device do as the state trooper points his radar gun in your direction as you are cruising down the freeway?

Leslierc 10-07-2012 02:53 PM

In a word, perfect! Congratulations!

NM650DB 10-08-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace535i (Post 7119326)
Is the device truely worth its weight in gold?

What does the device do as the state trooper points his radar gun in your direction as you are cruising down the freeway?

It's just a regular radar detector, but it's built into the car instead of using suction cups to attach it to your windshield. I've definitely been saved a number of times!

long time 10-08-2012 05:17 PM

Po Po on the turnpike here use instant on laser with a tele sight and an effective range of 800 yards, the only thing a detector does is let you know you had your picture taken.

NM650DB 10-09-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by long time (Post 7121524)
Po Po on the turnpike here use instant on laser with a tele sight and an effective range of 800 yards, the only thing a detector does is let you know you had your picture taken.

I had laser jammers on my X6, but I never got hit with a laser in my 3 years with the car. I decided to skip them with my 650. I guess New Mexico cops aren't quite so state of the art!

Marino640 10-18-2012 03:56 PM

Looks great! I note you've gone for X-drive! I'm jealous, X-drive isn't available in the UK, hence mine is RWD...not great for the snow. Not that you will have to worry about that in New Mexico!! I'll be missing my old Quattro this winter! Enjoy!

Ace535i 10-18-2012 05:24 PM

Would you have been just as happy with the 19" rims vs. the 20's?

Elias 10-18-2012 05:28 PM

Beautiful car love the AW color and the B&O system looks great!

j4jacks 10-18-2012 08:33 PM

Nice....love the stitching

NM650DB 10-18-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino640 (Post 7143204)
Looks great! I note you've gone for X-drive! I'm jealous, X-drive isn't available in the UK, hence mine is RWD...not great for the snow. Not that you will have to worry about that in New Mexico!! I'll be missing my old Quattro this winter! Enjoy!

Actually, we do get snow in New Mexico. My house is at 6,300 feet elevation, and we get a fair amount of snow most winters; it just doesn't stick around for too long. For reference the mountains in the background of my photos are 10,600 feet in elevation.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms