Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   F30 320d suspension (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650003)

Mark 123 10-05-2012 12:58 AM

F30 320d suspension

I purchased my 320d 4 months ago and while the performance is great, the ride has been so harsh that a few of my fillings have fallen out and my wife refuses to come in the car as a passenger!
Yesterday I took the car back to the dealer who told me that the tires were overinflated but when I checked them later, were the same pressure (30kPa) as before. The ride is now normal and and I subsequently found out that the dealer had failed to remove the blocks / pins on the suspension at the pre-delivery service (for which they charge $3000 in Australia!) - although they denied this initially.
Would there be any long-term problems with the tires or suspension after driving with these blocks in for 4 months? I have asked the dealer to perform a full inspection of the car and check the wheel alignment. Should I be asking them to do anything else??

Shahton 10-05-2012 02:04 AM

Hello
I also have a 320d , and I m quiute suspicious about that same issue . I feel the supensions is quite hard.
is it possible to check if the blocks are still on the car without going to the dealer . are they visible from somewhere ?

cheers

Mark 123 10-05-2012 02:09 AM

I have no idea where the blocks are but it only takes them a few minutes to remove them. I drove another car at the dealer and the difference was staggering. The Service Manager knew what the problem was as soon as he drove the car (but didn't tell me!)

CALWATERBOY 10-05-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark 123 (Post 7114914)
Would there be any long-term problems with the tires or suspension after driving with these blocks in for 4 months? I have asked the dealer to perform a full inspection of the car and check the wheel alignment. Should I be asking them to do anything else??

Great Barrier Reef! You have more of a problem with your dealer than the car.

Are they charging for alignment? Either way they should give you a printout from the Kinematics machine documenting before & after suspension settings. Post an image here, please.

Why'd you wait 4 months?

tim330i 10-05-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahton (Post 7114927)
Hello
I also have a 320d , and I m quiute suspicious about that same issue . I feel the supensions is quite hard.
is it possible to check if the blocks are still on the car without going to the dealer . are they visible from somewhere ?

cheers

You will have to jack up the car and look under the black strut cover. The shipping blocks will be around the strut piston.

BMW F30 328i lowering springs from H&R

Drewpax 10-06-2012 04:09 PM

This leaves me shaking my head... What's happened to integrity?