Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Coding and Programming (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   F10 F10 - Remove TPMS Warning (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650015)

lifo_1 10-05-2012 06:21 AM

F10 - Remove TPMS Warning
 
I have successfully removed all warnings about TPMS from my NAV - HU_CIC / RDC = nicht_aktiv (Thanks shawnsheridan!)

Now Im trying to remove the yellow warning light in the instrument cluster.

Anyone attempted this?

shawnsheridan 10-05-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7115143)
I have successfully removed all warnings about TPMS from my NAV - HU_CIC / RDC = nicht_aktiv (Thanks shawnsheridan!)

Now Im trying to remove the yellow warning light in the instrument cluster.

Anyone attempted this?

Did you search KOMBI for RDC setting, and if that did not work, remove 2VB from VO and VO Code KOMBI, HU_CIC, and RDC?

shawnsheridan 10-06-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnsheridan (Post 7116726)
Did you search KOMBI for RDC setting, and if that did not work, remove 2VB from VO and VO Code KOMBI, HU_CIC, and RDC?

Ta da!

Kommentar=RDC Ueberwachung (Comment=RDC monitoring)

KOMBI / ST_TYR_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
KOMBI /ST_TYR_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv

lifo_1 10-06-2012 11:21 AM

I tried those 2 above and it didn't fix. I will try to remove 2VB from vo

shawnsheridan 10-06-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7117570)
I tried those 2 above and it didn't fix. I will try to remove 2VB from vo

Hmmm...that surprises me that those two did not kill it.

Ok. Try this one too:

KL_PREDRIVE_F10_RPA = nicht_aktiv

If unsuccessful, kill 2VB in your VO, and VO Code HU_CIC and KOMBI. RDC has no coding data, so there is nothing to VO Code there I don't think.

lifo_1 10-08-2012 04:08 PM

Removed the 2VB and VO coded HU_CIC and KOMBI.

No luck. TPMS warning still present in NAV screen and instrument panel

shawnsheridan 10-08-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7121507)
Removed the 2VB and VO coded HU_CIC and KOMBI.

No luck. TPMS warning still present in NAV screen and instrument panel

That is almost impossible to believe. Are you sure after you removed 2VB from FA, that before you VO Coded HU_CIC and KOMBI, you loaded that FA (the modified one without 2VB) and activated it, and not the FA read from the car?

lifo_1 10-08-2012 04:46 PM

So load the xml file with the 2VB option removed and VO code those 2 again?

shawnsheridan 10-08-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7121561)
So load the xml file with the 2VB option removed and VO code those 2 again?

Yes! That is why removed it. Now when you VO Code the ECU's, it won't enable 2VB like your regular FA that is stored in your car will (assuming you did not go so far as to write the modified FA to the car, and the FA in the car is original).

lifo_1 10-08-2012 05:53 PM

Just to keep the thread alive I have confirmed with Sean what I did was correct. New FA and VO coded Kombi and HUCIC. Still not luck. Will keep researching

jaza45 11-20-2012 04:17 PM

when you remove the 2VB out of the VO, you still need to pulll the plug out of the RDC or remover the fuse, otherwise the car is still going to recognize the module and light is going to stay on.

lifo_1 11-24-2012 07:05 AM

Success! Did everything mentioned above but this time I removed fuse. No more tpms warnings, alerts in nav or instrument panel.

However, while coding the kombi it came up with a CEL out of the blue. It has been 3 days and its still there. I don't drive the car that much so I'm hoping it goes away on its own.

shawnsheridan 11-24-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7211212)
Success! Did everything mentioned above but this time I removed fuse. No more tpms warnings, alerts in nav or instrument panel.

However, while coding the kombi it came up with a CEL out of the blue. It has been 3 days and its still there. I don't drive the car that much so I'm hoping it goes away on its own.

You can try this.

Assuming the fault condition no longer exists, to clear the fault code.

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Hopefully, Problem Solved.

Note: fs_lesen_funktional only read fault codes, FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL will delete it.

lifo_1 11-25-2012 03:45 PM

Shawn you the man! CEL is gone. To recap for people wanting to disable TPMS

Pull the fuse in the trunk for TPMS.
Remove 2VB option in VO
HU_CIC / RDC = nicht_aktiv (this removes TPMS options from NAV)
KOMBI / ST_TYR_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
KOMBI /ST_TYR_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv

shawnsheridan 11-25-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7213645)
Shawn you the man! CEL is gone. To recap for people wanting to disable TPMS

Pull the fuse in the trunk for TPMS.
Remove 2VB option in VO
HU_CIC / RDC = nicht_aktiv (this removes TPMS options from NAV)
KOMBI / ST_TYR_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
KOMBI /ST_TYR_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv

Glad I could help. :thumbup:

lifo_1 11-30-2012 04:38 PM

It went away the first time i drove it after clearing it but it came back after that. Comes back after i clear it everytime. Might have to take it in

shawnsheridan 11-30-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7224036)
It went away the first time i drove it after clearing it but it came back after that. Comes back after i clear it everytime. Might have to take it in

CEL Zombie! Do you know what the CEL Code and its meaning is?

Maybe undo all your coding, clear it with Tool32, and see if it stays off. At least you will know if it is coding related.

nimuh 04-07-2013 06:20 AM

hi guys, sorry to dig up this thread again but I could not manage to remove the RDC error message yet.

is it really necessary to remove the fuse to kill the error message? i dont even care about the yellow warning light much, i just want to remove the warning message from the idrive that pops up on every start.

I coded the 3 values as stated above, but I do not want to remove the fuse if not 100% necessary.
what does this mean: "Remove 2VB option in VO"? I have e-sys running and have coded a couple values before, but im not a coding expret. what is the VO?

nimuh 04-16-2013 05:26 AM

update: well it wasnt too hard. I just had to remove the RDC fuse in the trunk. warning is gone forever :) thanks to everyone in this thread

escalade26s 11-27-2013 07:57 PM

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I am trying to get my TPMS disabled since I have after market wheels. I am really confused about VO and what it is or where to find it. The same goes for the location of the RDC fuse in the trunk. I have some coding experience and have everything needed to code, just don't know where it is within the program. Thanks in advance.

Jay Arras 11-27-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by escalade26s (Post 7982528)
Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I a trying to get my TPMS disabled since I have after market wheels.

Reading through this thread, it seems to be more trouble than it's worth to me. Just pick up a set of the damn TPMS sensors on eBay for about a hundred bucks and be done with it!

Nitrogen 11-28-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifo_1 (Post 7213645)
Shawn you the man! CEL is gone. To recap for people wanting to disable TPMS

Pull the fuse in the trunk for TPMS.
Remove 2VB option in VO
HU_CIC / RDC = nicht_aktiv (this removes TPMS options from NAV)
KOMBI / ST_TYR_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
KOMBI /ST_TYR_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv


Hi guys was trying to do the above steps but when trying to delete the 2vb option in VO it asks which module just before process ECU so which module do I delete the 2VB from?

HU_CIC?
KOMBI?
CAS?

Please help thanks!!!

escalade26s 11-28-2013 09:03 PM

Got it working on my F01. I did everything previously mentioned in this thread minus the 2VB and VO thing. You may want to skip it and see if you are good as well.

shawnsheridan 11-29-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrogen (Post 7983850)
Hi guys was trying to do the above steps but when trying to delete the 2vb option in VO it asks which module just before process ECU so which module do I delete the 2VB from?

HU_CIC?
KOMBI?
CAS?

Please help thanks!!!

For Fxx using E-Sys, it does not do this. I presume you are using NCS Expert for your E64 though, and it acts differently.

I would skip this step as @escalade26s wrote.

Nitrogen 11-29-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnsheridan (Post 7984330)
For Fxx using E-Sys, it does not do this. I presume you are using NCS Expert for your E64 though, and it acts differently.

I would skip this step as @escalade26s wrote.



I will give it a shot and yes I am using NCS expert. I will post my results as soon as I complete it. Weird how it needs VO delete for some and not for others. Are all the cars 650i's?
Mine is a 2006 650i.

Thanks again!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms