Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Note to Mod's; rewrite needed ;) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650198)

DSXMachina 10-06-2012 06:56 AM

Note to Mod's; rewrite needed ;)
 
At the top of our E9x area is a mini banner which reads

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Now we have the F30 so the "latest evolution" is no longer correct. However, if you change that to "highest elvolution" you will still be correct. :angel::thumbup:

anE934fun 10-06-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7117163)
At the top of our E9x area is a mini banner which reads

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Now we have the F30 so the "latest evolution" is no longer correct. However, if you change that to "highest elvolution" you will still be correct. :angel::thumbup:

Highest evolution would alienate the F30 crowd. But maybe, if the text were changed as you propose, it could distract the F30 crowd? :angel:

CALWATERBOY 10-06-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7117163)
At the top of our E9x area is a mini banner which reads

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Now we have the F30 so the "latest evolution" is no longer correct. However, if you change that to "highest elvolution" you will still be correct. :angel::thumbup:


Picky, picky, picky.

Only an OCD Master Mechanic would complain.

Santa Barbara should be grateful that such a person took time to post, that flavor of vendor being much in demand....

pointandgo 10-06-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7117163)
At the top of our E9x area is a mini banner which reads

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Now we have the F30 so the "latest evolution" is no longer correct. However, if you change that to "highest elvolution" you will still be correct. :angel::thumbup:

"A man's accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail."
-John Foster Dulles

Nordic_Kat 10-07-2012 07:14 PM

While technically correct, it would be more appropriate to say that the F30 is a devolution of the E9X, therefore, leaving the E9X still as the highest and newest evolution of the 3 series. Of course, this might cause much angst among the F30 cognoscenti.

;)

pointandgo 10-07-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 7119715)
While technically correct, it would be more appropriate to say that the F30 is a devolution of the E9X, therefore, leaving the E9X still as the highest and newest evolution of the 3 series. Of course, this might cause much angst among the F30 cognoscenti.

;)

Well said, I agree. If any "angst" is created they can go to their own forum and we can be done with them. They're already cluttering up our forum with drivel about their sub-designed cars.

Ryan... 10-07-2012 08:28 PM

"Hey, its no e30."
- Every BMW owner in the whole world.





:angel:

MMME30W 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 7119715)
While technically correct, it would be more appropriate to say that the F30 is a devolution of the E9X, therefore, leaving the E9X still as the highest and newest evolution of the 3 series. Of course, this might cause much angst among the F30 cognoscenti.

;)

Hahaha dammit that would be funny

Courseitaintgonnahappen. :bigpimp:

khovik 10-07-2012 10:12 PM

To quote the latest issue of Car&Driver, We're convinced that the E90 would handily win a comparison test against the F30

DSXMachina 10-08-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khovik (Post 7120052)
To quote the latest issue of Car&Driver, We're convinced that the E90 would handily win a comparison test against the F30

LOL, I wasn't going to mention that from this month's issue. You slightly misquoted, but you got the gist of it.

I know we're not making any friends next door in F30. Like the owners of every generation of the 3'er we're convinced that the next model is a big step in the wrong direction.

The big difference this time? The reviewers are tending to agree. It's not news that Cadillac has been gunning for BMW the past few years. Take a look at the magazine racks and you'll see lots of head to head comparo's between the CTS and BMW, and the ATS and BMW. So far it's been a 'close but no cigar' race. With one small exception. I've heard that the Cimarron kicks F30 butt on the Nurburgring.

///M-ratedE90 10-08-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7120358)
LOL, I wasn't going to mention that from this month's issue. You slightly misquoted, but you got the gist of it.

I know we're not making any friends next door in F30. Like the owners of every generation of the 3'er we're convinced that the next model is a big step in the wrong direction.

The big difference this time? The reviewers are tending to agree. It's not news that Cadillac has been gunning for BMW the past few years. Take a look at the magazine racks and you'll see lots of head to head comparo's between the CTS and BMW, and the ATS and BMW. So far it's been a 'close but no cigar' race. With one small exception. I've heard that the Cimarron kicks F30 butt on the Nurburgring.

It looks like BMW's cheques have been bouncing at C&D...the reviews are getting less favourable and the cars are coming third.

pointandgo 10-08-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 (Post 7120434)
It looks like BMW's cheques have been bouncing at C&D...the reviews are getting less favourable and the cars are coming third.

"Cheques"??

I demand that proper English be used in here.

The spellings check, checque, and cheque were used interchangeably from the 17th century until the 20th century. However, since the 19th century, the spelling cheque (from the French word chèque) has become standard for the financial instrument in the Commonwealth and Ireland, while check is used only for other meanings, thus distinguishing the two definitions in writing.

In American English, the usual spelling for both is check.
There have been suggestions that the word chek comes from ancient Pahlavi language which was used in the Achaemenid Empire in Persia. It may have spread from there to Arabic where saqq means a promise to pay a certain amount of money for delivered goods.

///M-ratedE90 10-10-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointandgo (Post 7121924)
"Cheques"??

I demand that proper English be used in here.

The spellings check, checque, and cheque were used interchangeably from the 17th century until the 20th century. However, since the 19th century, the spelling cheque (from the French word chèque) has become standard for the financial instrument in the Commonwealth and Ireland, while check is used only for other meanings, thus distinguishing the two definitions in writing.

In American English, the usual spelling for both is check.
There have been suggestions that the word chek comes from ancient Pahlavi language which was used in the Achaemenid Empire in Persia. It may have spread from there to Arabic where saqq means a promise to pay a certain amount of money for delivered goods.

WIN!

[dat woz e-z]

DSXMachina 10-10-2012 08:25 AM

I thought it was spelled Czech!

Zeichen311 10-10-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7124772)
I thought it was spelled Czech!

True but we don't cache those here! :angel:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms