Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Got rid of the wood. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650768)

tmvE39/E53/Z32 10-09-2012 06:24 AM

Got rid of the wood.
 
I took out the Vavona wood trims and replaced them with these. What do you think?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...i/DSC_3947.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...i/DSC_3949.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...i/DSC_3948.jpg

DHoang 10-09-2012 06:31 AM

looks just like my car's trim. There's nothing fancy about this look really, b/c as you probably may already know, that fake carbon fiber trim came stock on all the 528 w/ sport pkg.

Dking078 10-09-2012 06:45 AM

I want that trim sooooooo bad!

It's technical graphite right?

the540wgn 10-09-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmvE39/E53/Z32 (Post 7122405)
I took out the Vavona wood trims and replaced them with these. What do you think?

:thumbup: looks great!

tmvE39/E53/Z32 10-09-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dking078 (Post 7122443)
I want that trim sooooooo bad!

It's technical graphite right?

It is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHoang (Post 7122416)
looks just like my car's trim. There's nothing fancy about this look really, b/c as you probably may already know, that fake carbon fiber trim came stock on all the 528 w/ sport pkg.

Much better than Vavona wood trims.

Sequence 10-09-2012 07:50 AM

I dig it.. Blends well with the car

fortunateson 10-09-2012 09:08 AM

You grey interior looks great with the new trim. I have a 02 525 with Sand Beige trim that needs some of it replaced. Are you interested in getting rid of the Vavona and sending it to a good home?

DHoang 10-09-2012 09:12 AM

man, i must need new glasses...b/c i don't see how that cheap azzz black trim looks better than wood?

doru 10-09-2012 09:13 AM

Looks really good. :thumbup:

tmvE39/E53/Z32 10-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHoang (Post 7122795)
man, i must need new glasses...b/c i don't see how that cheap azzz black trim looks better than wood?

Your glasses is fine. Personal reference: wood trim doesn't go well with gray interior.
Wanna trade yours for Vavona wood? ;)

edjack 10-09-2012 11:31 AM

Makes a boring German interior even more boring, but that's just me; I also find monochrome tail lights boring.

Tiko530 10-09-2012 01:59 PM

I think it looks good.

I have a beige interior on my 530i with the Vavona wood trim which has some minor cracking going on, I would like to replace it at some point but don't see many other trims that would go well with beige interior and can't seem to find a decent price.

Do you guys know of any good combos with beige and any reputable places to get it for a decent price?

OntheRock 10-09-2012 03:52 PM

I always prefer to have wood....

MurrayP 10-09-2012 05:09 PM

Funny thing. For me the wood is what makes this car special. It reminds me of this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...824-24qa0.html

But That's Just Me!:)

GreenTiger 10-09-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayP (Post 7123714)
Funny thing. For me the wood is what makes this car special. It reminds me of this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...824-24qa0.html

But That's Just Me!:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahhhahh I LOLed long and hard at that one. Is that story really real?

BTW, digging the interior upgrade tmv. Wish I had some brushed aluminum in my interior.

Jason5driver 10-09-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiko530 (Post 7123380)
I think it looks good.

I have a beige interior on my 530i with the Vavona wood trim which has some minor cracking going on, I would like to replace it at some point but don't see many other trims that would go well with beige interior and can't seem to find a decent price.

Do you guys know of any good combos with beige and any reputable places to get it for a decent price?

TMV,
I really like the graphite trim with you car's interior...!
It works very well together IMO.

Tiko,
I would look in the classifieds for some used trim for-sale.
However, sometimes wood trims from another car does not match completely.

Thanks!
Jason

tmvE39/E53/Z32 10-09-2012 08:33 PM

Thanks guys. It's my car and I'm happy with the new trim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayP (Post 7123714)
Funny thing. For me the wood is what makes this car special. It reminds me of this story:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...824-24qa0.html

But That's Just Me!:)

Weird reminder.

eohagan 10-09-2012 08:41 PM

love it. don't like my wood at all.

NoWayJose 10-09-2012 09:29 PM

almost looks like what i have :dunno: did you replace factory or wrap with 3m?

hqstu 10-10-2012 01:08 AM

Never underestimate the value and benefit of a good wood.

OntheRock 10-10-2012 04:16 AM

Why does this whole chain sound like a Cialis commercial ? :-)

sidneyj 10-10-2012 04:24 AM

Hey fortunateson I have a set of vavona. Brand new.

tmvE39/E53/Z32 10-10-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illesztE39 (Post 7124266)
almost looks like what i have :dunno: did you replace factory or wrap with 3m?

It's not wrapped. It's Technical Graphite trim.

AnotherGeezer 10-10-2012 06:36 AM

Vavona looks nice on black interiors.

Plus old guys like to sport wood.

NoWayJose 10-10-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmvE39/E53/Z32 (Post 7124639)
It's not wrapped. It's Technical Graphite trim.

same one i have, looks great :thumbup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms