Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW News Articles and Announcements (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Ultimate Drive App Now on Facebook! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651117)

Jon Shafer 10-10-2012 06:28 PM

The Ultimate Drive App Now on Facebook!

BMW The Ultimate Drive App Now on Facebook

BMW's 'The Ultimate Drive App' is now on Facebook! In addition to this loyalty incentive, the app allows you to connect with other BMW driving enthusiasts and discover the best roads from around the world.
  • Thousands of driver-rated roads from around the world.
  • Find favorite roads within your area.
  • Customizable maps to help log your drives.
  • Facebook and email sharing.
  • Special add-ons for BMW Driving Club members.

https://apps.facebook.com/theultimatedrive/

Check it out!

:thumbup:

Dave 330i 10-11-2012 06:59 AM

I do not load apps, but I found this road from reading the Boxster S article in C&D. It's called the Tail of the Dragon, just so happen I will be around there in mid October to photograph the autumn colors in Great Smoky Mtn Nat Park as part of my northern USA road trip. Life is great when you don't have to go to work.

http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/

Jon Shafer 10-11-2012 04:13 PM

A little more background information for you:

Over a year ago, BMW Financial Services launched The Ultimate Drive smartphone app for iPhone and Android, which lets you find millions of miles of user-suggested driving routes and receive special discounts for BMW FS (U.S. customers only). Today, we've made the app available to an even wider audience with a standalone Facebook app -- The Ultimate Drive for Facebook. Anyone who has a Facebook account can now access our free app from their computer! In addition to making The Ultimate Drive App available to all Facebook users (more than a billion people!), BMW Financial Services has also extended the voucher program previously available via mobile app only. Now mobile and Facebook users can claim vouchers worth up to $700 off the first finance or lease payment on a new 2012 or 2013 BMW by simply scheduling a test drive within the app and ordering between now and December 31, 2012.

Here are the voucher amounts available and how they match up with the different BMW models:

$300 Off Voucher - 3 Series, 1 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 (all trims, including M models)
$500 Off Voucher - 5 Series, 5 Series Gran Turismo and X5 (all trims, including M models)
$700 Off Voucher - 7 Series, 6 Series, 6 Series Gran Coupe and X6 (all trims, including M models)

This is the first time a captive automotive finance company has offered a Facebook app for this purpose.

Gold Chariot 10-12-2012 06:21 AM

Wont work for me :( Says its restricted or something.

Jon Shafer 10-15-2012 10:28 AM

Please note: you must be a current BMWFS Customer to participate in this program..

ndabunka 10-18-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 7128189)
A little more background information for you:

Over a year ago, BMW Financial Services launched The Ultimate Drive smartphone app for iPhone and Android, which lets you find millions of miles of user-suggested driving routes and receive special discounts for BMW FS (U.S. customers only). Today, we've made the app available to an even wider audience with a standalone Facebook app -- The Ultimate Drive for Facebook. Anyone who has a Facebook account can now access our free app from their computer! In addition to making The Ultimate Drive App available to all Facebook users (more than a billion people!), BMW Financial Services has also extended the voucher program previously available via mobile app only. Now mobile and Facebook users can claim vouchers worth up to $700 off the first finance or lease payment on a new 2012 or 2013 BMW by simply scheduling a test drive within the app and ordering between now and December 31, 2012.

Here are the voucher amounts available and how they match up with the different BMW models:

$300 Off Voucher - 3 Series, 1 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 (all trims, including M models)
$500 Off Voucher - 5 Series, 5 Series Gran Turismo and X5 (all trims, including M models)
$700 Off Voucher - 7 Series, 6 Series, 6 Series Gran Coupe and X6 (all trims, including M models)

This is the first time a captive automotive finance company has offered a Facebook app for this purpose.

Jon - Thank you for posting this. I had thought I had seen something like that (and may have even have downloaded the app) but did not realize it could be used in conjunction with the 750 loyalty program. I am a current BMW financial services client. Does this REQUIRE a custom build order or would a purchase at a dealership also be viewed as a "order"/sale? Signing up for test drive tomorrow if that is the case!

Jon Shafer 10-18-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 7142306)
Jon - Thank you for posting this. I had thought I had seen something like that (and may have even have downloaded the app) but did not realize it could be used in conjunction with the 750 loyalty program. I am a current BMW financial services client. Does this REQUIRE a custom build order or would a purchase at a dealership also be viewed as a "order"/sale? Signing up for test drive tomorrow if that is the case!

Custom order is not a requirement...

:thumbup:

uter 10-21-2012 12:01 PM

Any chance this will apply to the F31?
I'm guessing "no", since it won't launch in the US until after the current 12/31/12 Ultimate Drive deadline.