Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   335d ECU upgrade (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651552)

tt_er 10-13-2012 01:09 AM

335d ECU upgrade

It seems Evolve has a good price and solid numbers. Anyone else recommend anyone who is comparable in price? Any dealers around the St Louis area?

Thank you,

Brice

cssnms 10-13-2012 07:19 AM

There is only one deal in the US right and that is VS Motorsports in Ill. Mach V in Sterling VA is currently in discussions with Evolve, which would be nice since they are local to me.

62Lincoln 10-13-2012 01:52 PM

Don't forget Renntech in south Florida!

Flyingman 10-14-2012 05:44 AM

Velos Designwerks in Miami.

We've established contact but no one has actually had their 335D tuned by them, yet.

They are certainly established in gassers like BMW, MB, etc...

Axel61 10-15-2012 04:53 AM

Sorry amigos,RENNtech!!! ;)

finnbmw 10-15-2012 02:20 PM

Hi Axel,
Any word from Lenny about a group buy?

Axel61 10-16-2012 04:04 AM

I will inquire today,sorry i hvnt followed thru

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App

oldsankey 10-27-2012 01:06 PM

I've had Evolve tune before... Low upfront cost, but pricey to get re-tuned when the dealership wipes, as in my case. Great power curve, especially pulling away power at highway speed in M6. I just had Vtech remap and DPF removal done last week.. Comparable tune cost, but DPF removal for US spec is very labor intensive. Complicated process with all the sensors and egr, etc. Great power, sound and amazing mpg..but still too early to give too much of a review.

TDIwyse 10-27-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsankey (Post 7161190)
I've had Evolve tune before... Low upfront cost, but pricey to get re-tuned when the dealership wipes, as in my case. Great power curve, especially pulling away power at highway speed in M6. I just had Vtech remap and DPF removal done last week.. Comparable tune cost, but DPF removal for US spec is very labor intensive. Complicated process with all the sensors and egr, etc. Great power, sound and amazing mpg..but still too early to give too much of a review.

Looking forward to hearing more details on this. Probably worth its own thread. Please update with details/data when you can. Thanks.

cssnms 10-27-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

If I recall correctly when VS Motorsports started offering the Evolve tune when I questioned them about dealer DME reflashes that would erase the tune, they stated they would reflash for free.

While the DPF removal peaks my interest I am not excited about the idea of blowing black smoke. There was somone elese that did this and had his car dynoed before an after and he stated he actually lost HP - now that could be due to a couple of things non-DPF related, but point being he saw no gains as a result of the removal. He stated he was going to reinstall the DPF because he didn't like the black smoke.

Axel61 10-29-2012 04:37 AM

That sucks no power increase wow!! Frankly I wont care of the black smoke

oldsankey 11-01-2012 09:46 PM

I thought re-flashes were free as well, but as of mid August, VS Motorsports charges $190.00 for re-map, plus shipping. Unfortunately, I was unable to get pre/post DPF dynos, but I can tell you there is much more power now compared to my previous evolve tune and so far, I've gotten 680 miles and 703 miles per full tank. Still early, but no regrets with my DPF removal. As for black smoke, I rarely see any. The exhaust definitely smells worse now, but mostly common sense about opening the garage door while running the engine. I can't speak of any other 335D DPF removals, but I firmly believe the post performance is only as good as the tune and tuner

Axel61 11-02-2012 04:06 AM

@oldsankey IMPRESIVE!!!

@finnbmw Lenny is trying to convince head honcho and I have also sent Hartmut an email on this(no response!!), Hartmut is at SEMA showing off his products and car, I will be flying to RENNtech Monday for a reflash, BMW erased MINES!!! Anyway, will inquire again ok!!

Axel61 11-02-2012 04:09 AM

oldsankey have you done the a DMV inspection for gasses or is it that you live in Florida or another state that doesnt do emissions, call me at 787-459-4518 or txt me ok Im interested. Also TurboEddie of german boost was interested he lives in Florida, call me ok!!

BMWTurboDzl 11-02-2012 12:26 PM

What do you guys think about the additional soot loading your DPF is enduring with these tunes?

Sent from my MB525 using Bimmer App

finnbmw 11-02-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axel61 (Post 7171449)
@finnbmw Lenny is trying to convince head honcho and I have also sent Hartmut an email on this(no response!!), Hartmut is at SEMA showing off his products and car, I will be flying to RENNtech Monday for a reflash, BMW erased MINES!!! Anyway, will inquire again ok!!

Thanks for the follow-up!

Stugots 11-07-2012 10:13 AM

Status?

Snipe656 11-07-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl (Post 7172123)
What do you guys think about the additional soot loading your DPF is enduring with these tunes?

Sent from my MB525 using Bimmer App

I wondered about this very thing back when ronin had to have his DPF replaced.

gmatthiesen 11-08-2012 11:18 AM

Shop

Quote:

Where did you get your VTEch tune with DPF removal done at in the US, I am having a hard time finding anyone to do it? George @ Renntech said No and Evolve dealer VS Motosports did also?

Axel61 11-09-2012 05:14 AM

oldsankey had his done in CANADA!! ask him ok