Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1982 - 1993) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   am i back in the e30 game? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652785)

anstead610 10-19-2012 07:16 AM

am i back in the e30 game?
 
Well, my truck took a poop, I needed a car. I wanted a truck because of winter but couldn't find something that I felt was reliable. Steve (not being the normal Steve) told me he would sell me his mint alpine e30 for 3100, and he had it listed for 4000. 3100, is a lot for an e30, but I was looking on craigslist, r3v, etc and wow, the market for these cars skyrocketed. It doesn't matter, it's worth the 3100. It's not mine yet, should be by today, whenever he wakes up. So Steve is helping a brotha out, and I'd rather spend 3100 on an e30 from someone I know than spend it on an e30 from some random guy who claims it's good. I am sure he's posted pics, if not, here they are, I took these this morning. Yes it is automatic, but that will be 5speed swapped as soon as parts/money come my way.

Plates are blurred because they are Steve's plates, and I don't think he'd want me to post them.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Untitled-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Untitled-3.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Untitled-2.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...019_095714.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...019_095729.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...019_095740.jpg

Everything works, and I mean everything. All the way down to the si board. Oh wait, the right half of the cluster doesn't light up, haha. has 223k I believe on it. Shifts perfect, runs like a champ, only issue is I think there is something a little loose in the left front, but that's okay, what's an e30 without having something to fix? I forgot to add, it has no central locking system, the only thing it didn't come with, dafuq?

Well, I am back, this is my new e30 as of today, unless something goes wrong. :thumbup: :wave:

Edit: I sure do miss my calypso, and wish I still had it, I prefer calypso over alpine. At least I get to see it everyday in Steve's driveway.

downhiller 10-19-2012 04:50 PM

not again:eeps:

_Ethrty-Andy_ 10-19-2012 07:20 PM

welcome back! all E30s came with central locking afaik, i think the seller is telling you stories ;)

is this really a temporary car, or are you actually back?

anstead610 10-19-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ (Post 7145927)
welcome back! all E30s came with central locking afaik, i think the seller is telling you stories ;)

is this really a temporary car, or are you actually back?

I'm back. But there will be no motor swaps. Strictly cosmetic such as lights, wheels and maybe coilovers but no slamming. It's too minty.

BMWFatherFigure 10-19-2012 09:36 PM

Love the interior - I'd hurt small fury animals on the net for that.

Gold Chariot 10-20-2012 04:18 AM

MAN i wish i had leather seats so bad :(

anstead610 10-20-2012 10:43 AM

I got it for a steal, that's for sure.

_Ethrty-Andy_ 10-20-2012 03:13 PM

premium audio pack too!

fcsteve 10-20-2012 05:09 PM

the car has more original options/parts than most cars you will find on the road today.

black, heated, leather sport interior
premium sound(fully functioning radio)
ski-pass
IS trunk and lip spoilers
glossy original paint with all the original body panels(never removed)
original motor
airbag
crack free dash

all of the options listed are on the cars original build sheet. i looked up the car on BMW's official site to confirm everything. i know the radio is the original because i had to call the dealer to get the code, while on the phone the guy was surprised it was the original radio and was still working.

it does however have bottlecaps, a replaced cat-back exhaust and i replaced the front lip.


i did not want to sell the car, but it was a business decision i had to make. i have 2 other projects that needed funding and anstead NEEDED a car. so i gave him an epic discount and now .. i have to see the car every day :mad:

anstead610 10-20-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcsteve (Post 7147430)
the car has more original options/parts than most cars you will find on the road today.

black, heated, leather sport interior
premium sound(fully functioning radio)
ski-pass
IS trunk and lip spoilers
glossy original paint with all the original body panels(never removed)
original motor
airbag
crack free dash

all of the options listed are on the cars original build sheet. i looked up the car on BMW's official site to confirm everything. i know the radio is the original because i had to call the dealer to get the code, while on the phone the guy was surprised it was the original radio and was still working.

it does however have bottlecaps, a replaced cat-back exhaust and i replaced the front lip.


i did not want to sell the car, but it was a business decision i had to make. i have 2 other projects that needed funding and anstead NEEDED a car. so i gave him an epic discount and now .. i have to see the car every day :mad:

Better than seeing it go to a kid like Pat, or lagunengrun kid.

At least now, you will be a part of whatever happens to the car, and you will always know it's safe and sound. I want a garage now because it bothers me so much how minty it is and it's sitting outside.

SWISS 10-21-2012 05:12 AM

Crack free dash listed on the build sheet.....

No central locking system.....

Interested in some ocean front property in Oklahoma?:angel:

What's with the 318i muffler?

anstead610 10-21-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWISS (Post 7148025)
Crack free dash listed on the build sheet.....

No central locking system.....

Interested in some ocean front property in Oklahoma?:angel:

What's with the 318i muffler?

Why are you always such an asshat? All of the options are listed on the build sheet, no one said a crack free dash was. And it's not a 318 muffler. The guy who owned it before Steve put a single cat back on it.

SWISS 10-21-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anstead610 (Post 7148228)
Why are you always such an asshat? All of the options are listed on the build sheet, no one said a crack free dash was. And it's not a 318 muffler. The guy who owned it before Steve put a single cat back on it.

I like it, I'm not being an asshat sir. It's the nicest E30 you've owned I just hope you can resist the urge to desecrate it.....



:nono:

Ryan... 10-21-2012 11:59 AM

Its minty and you're gonna drive it through the snow and salt? :(

anstead610 10-21-2012 01:36 PM

As much as I don't want to I have to. I'm going to take the necessary precautions I can to help prevent it.

2ndname 10-21-2012 01:39 PM

That's one nice find! Congrats and welcome back!!

anstead610 11-04-2012 06:12 PM

Figured out why my e30 has been getting 15mpg...apparently the return fuel line above my gas tank is broken..so whenever the excess fuel gets sent back to my tank, it gets sent to the ground..awesome. Well at least I replaced 2 cracked to hell rubber lines, tomorrow we will be attempting to fix the return line.

Tkaczuk 11-04-2012 07:01 PM

Great car, Steve can always buy it back at some point. I thought about buying this car but decided against it. Good luck.

anstead610 11-04-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkaczuk (Post 7175836)
Great car, Steve can always buy it back at some point. I thought about buying this car but decided against it. Good luck.

He isn't getting it back unless he finds me the truck i want and trades me.

fcsteve 11-04-2012 08:00 PM

i don't want it back. i have 2 e30's sitting in my driveway. come spring we'll see who has the cleanest e30.

Tkaczuk 11-04-2012 08:04 PM

Haha I guess we will. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms