Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   No LED light on rearview mirror! (Homelink garage door) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653959)

solarbmw 10-24-2012 06:30 PM

No LED light on rearview mirror! (Homelink garage door)

Guys/gals, I am trying to program my garage door opener through the three buttons on the rearview mirror. I've searched all directions on this forum and elsewhere including the manual. It refers to an LED that is supposed to flash, etc. It is supposed to be to the left of the leftmost button under the rearview mirror. My car doesn't have it! I don't see anything flashing or lighting up when I try to program/erase, etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Programming would be easy if I can see that darn LED!

spatel1186 10-24-2012 06:47 PM

Actually I tried to program mine today and noticed that I did not have an LED either. I did not see a light anywhere else, but did not look for very long. I went through the procedures a couple times but was not successful. I look forward to any input. Thanks for asking solarbmw.

Kar Don 10-24-2012 08:42 PM

My 2011 had an LED... weird. Owners manual still refers to the LED blinking but it's not present? Maybe the 528 doesn't get homelink standard?

stonemik 10-24-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar Don (Post 7156248)
My 2011 had an LED... weird. Owners manual still refers to the LED blinking but it's not present? Maybe the 528 doesn't get homelink standard?

Had to get the premium package on my '12 528 for homelink

solarbmw 10-25-2012 01:05 AM

I have the three buttons so I'm supposed to have home link. I have premium package as well. I'll have to call my service advisor.

mrcamp 10-25-2012 06:35 AM

yeah. my 2011 535 has the LED.

solarbmw 11-13-2012 10:45 AM

Maybe issue resolved?

OK, so I have have figured out whats wrong. I actually took the car to the dealer and told them that in addition to the LED for garage door opener on mirror not working, the mirror would not dim. He checked it out and said that there seems to be a bad connection. Service appt is coming up. They hooked me up with a bad mirror! It never worked. Had the car two months!

spatel1186 11-13-2012 11:22 AM

hmm... I need to send an email to my dealer since I still have had no luck with the issue. Thanks OP!

spatel1186 11-14-2012 12:15 PM

I received a response from my sales associate:

"As to the light on the garage opener that is shown on the underside of the mirror next to the buttons on both the video and the owner's manual. BMW made a running change in the system where the light in IN THE FACE OF THE MIRROR right above the buttons at the lower edge of the mirror. They have not caught up with the documentation with the owner's manual or the video. Simply push one of the buttons and you will see the amber light illuminate. All the function of the programming is the same it is just the light is moved!"

I did not see a light when I tried to program it, but will look more carefully.

Silververtu 11-14-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatel1186 (Post 7194837)
I received a response from my sales associate:

"As to the light on the garage opener that is shown on the underside of the mirror next to the buttons on both the video and the owner's manual. BMW made a running change in the system where the light in IN THE FACE OF THE MIRROR right above the buttons at the lower edge of the mirror. They have not caught up with the documentation with the owner's manual or the video. Simply push one of the buttons and you will see the amber light illuminate. All the function of the programming is the same it is just the light is moved!"

I did not see a light when I tried to program it, but will look more carefully.

Ask your SA to take pics of where the LED is.

Jhors2 11-14-2012 01:12 PM

I thought I had an issue at first too, but the LED is really bright and quote large on the face of the mirror itself. Make sure you are pressing the buttons hard enough, they feel really soft but actually take quite a bit of travel to register.

spatel1186 11-14-2012 01:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jhors2 you are absolutely correct. I really had to push the buttons. I was not pushing it hard enough initially. Here are some pictures of the LED. Thanks everyone.