Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   worried about car and Sandy (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654975)

bay-em-vay 10-30-2012 05:48 AM

worried about car and Sandy

Car arrived in NJ 5 days ago. What are the chances it was still in NJ yesterday?

kqf30 10-30-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay-em-vay (Post 7165709)
Car arrived in NJ 5 days ago. What are the chances it was still in NJ yesterday?

Mine is out there also.

Me530 10-30-2012 11:40 AM

I'd be really worried. Customs can take a week or more.

petriej 10-30-2012 11:46 AM

It comes down to time and money.

Time: You may have to wait longer to get the car you want.

Money: If your car was destroyed, somebody (hopefully insurance) is going to have to pay for it.

Patience is key here, though I'm sure it's a tough thing to wait out...

bay-em-vay 10-30-2012 12:08 PM

Not much I can do. I'm sure they are still assessing things. Biting my nails.

03BeastCharmer 10-30-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay-em-vay (Post 7165709)

If it was an ED car it would have still been in NJ as customs and VPC don't work on the weekend, and ED cars do process in 3 days.

Crossing my finders for all those with cars in the path of Sandy.

danmiami 10-31-2012 10:01 AM

Hoping for the best for your baby...

The insurance policy that covered the car in Europe converts to a maritime policy which covers the car all the way until redelivery to you at your dealer (yes, I read the freakin paperwork)... If it was on the ground already, ouch :(

chrischeung 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

Does the marine/maritime insurance offer coverage against natural disasters, act of god etc.? I remember when I lost my car. Theoretically it was my car, so I should have handled all the paperwork etc., but BMW did it all for me. Would expect the same service in this instance.

chrischeung 10-31-2012 12:40 PM

Came across this on Jalopnik - More Than A Dozen Fisker Karma Hybrids Caught Fire And Exploded In New Jersey Port After Sandy - http://updates.jalopnik.com/post/346...aught-fire-and

danmiami 10-31-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7168272)
Does the marine/maritime insurance offer coverage against natural disasters, act of god etc.? I remember when I lost my car. Theoretically it was my car, so I should have handled all the paperwork etc., but BMW did it all for me. Would expect the same service in this instance.

I don't have the paperwork here... The shipping folks put all of the paperwork together that they needed with the car and it looks like the insurance was one of them... I have been looking online for anything that can answer this for you, but I can't find anything. I know the insurance company is Allianz.

stonemik 10-31-2012 08:28 PM

Good luck guys my hopes and prayers are with you - hope everything is fine.

ProRail 10-31-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmiami (Post 7168720)
I don't have the paperwork here... The shipping folks put all of the paperwork together that they needed with the car and it looks like the insurance was one of them... I have been looking online for anything that can answer this for you, but I can't find anything. I know the insurance company is Allianz.

I would be very surprised if it is not completely covered for every eventuality. Please let us know if this is not the caes.

agraham2252 11-01-2012 05:22 AM

My car also came in on the 25th. I called my dealer and they said they had heard that they did not get hit that bad. How can that be as it is in NY harbor. Now my CA is off to Munich for a week and I have no idea how to get any information. Any thoughts?

danmiami 11-01-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agraham2252 (Post 7169564)
My car also came in on the 25th. I called my dealer and they said they had heard that they did not get hit that bad. How can that be as it is in NY harbor. Now my CA is off to Munich for a week and I have no idea how to get any information. Any thoughts?

Try calling the customer relations number and ask for the ED department. I can only tell you I tried to call yesterday and try had a recording on the line that they would be out due to Sandy. BMWNA is after all based in NJ, so that maybe your best source of information IMO.

Incidentally, if you get through, ask them if the incoming ships will be redirected to drop off cars in GA instead until the cleanup is over... My car is set to arrive on the 15th.

bay-em-vay 11-01-2012 06:18 AM

Heard from our dealership yesterday. They said all of their cars are safe. No more info.

agraham2252 11-11-2012 05:44 AM

Just an update that I did call and got through to VPC and spoke with them directly on Thursday. They said all of the BMW's were ok and mine was released by customs. They were on 24/7 trying to get caught up and that my car would be put on a truck today.

Wonder how they escaped and Toyota lost 4000 cars as the address on google maps make them look about the same elevation. Anyway, a real blessing.