Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Anybody have their car in the New Jersey VPC? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655035)

MonkeyCMonkeyDo 10-30-2012 11:40 AM

Anybody have their car in the New Jersey VPC?

According to the google maps prepared storm info website
http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

There was a 100% chance of a storm surge of plus 6 feet covering all of the port, well past the location of the VPC. I hope they moved the cars before the storm, because cars that are covered like http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ra...7067003350.jpg

are not happy cars.

I am crossing my finger for all of you.

Speaking of cars in trouble, anyone hear from CaptainAudio? After seeing pictures of cars floating OUT of covered parking garages in Manhattan, I worry for his rides.

Above all else I hope everyone is safe.

boltjaM3s 10-30-2012 12:31 PM

I'm in Northern New Jersey, powerless for 20 hours now.

The food and water is running low, will have to start eating the children soon. We have four and the daughter is the most annoying.

The F30 is in the garage and is safe.

BJ

captainaudio 10-30-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo (Post 7166379)
According to the google maps prepared storm info website
http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

Speaking of cars in trouble, anyone hear from CaptainAudio? After seeing pictures of cars floating OUT of covered parking garages in Manhattan, I worry for his rides.

Above all else I hope everyone is safe.

We were very lucky and were not seriously effected by the storm.

I am on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We did not get much rain and did not lose power. It was windy but I did not see any damage when I went out for a walk a few hours ago. The cars were in the garage in the basement of the building which remained perfectly dry. We are only a few blocks from the East River but the entrance to our building is well above water level.

Our neighborhood is on the left in the picture below (which is looking north on the FDR drive). You can see how high the river would have to rise for the water to reach the streets above which are at the level of the "balcony" you can see on the left.

Obviously people in low lying area did not fare as well.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...erFest/FDR.jpg

CA

justinnum1 10-30-2012 01:37 PM

holy ****

thegandalf 10-30-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7166597)
We were very lucky and were not seriously effected by the storm.

I am on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We did not get much rain and did not lose power. It was windy but I did not see any damage when I went out for a walk a few hours ago. The cars were in the garage in the basement of the building which remained perfectly dry. We are only a few blocks from the East River but the entrance to our building is well above water level.

Our neighborhood is on the left in the picture below (which is looking north on the FDR drive). You can see how high the river would have to rise for the water to reach the streets above which are at the level of the "balcony" you can see on the left.

Obviously people in low lying area did not fare as well.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...erFest/FDR.jpg

CA

Glad to hear you're ok!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltjaM3s (Post 7166503)
I'm in Northern New Jersey, powerless for 20 hours now.

The food and water is running low, will have to start eating the children soon. We have four and the daughter is the most annoying.

The F30 is in the garage and is safe.

BJ

So glad to know the car is ok. Everything else is replaceable. Or is it the other way around?

MonkeyCMonkeyDo 10-30-2012 04:19 PM

CA-
Upper east side huh? Figured you being an audio recording guy you would be in Chelsea or TriBeCa or possibly upper west side.

Didn't figure you for snooty ;););)

:D

BJ-
Leave the annoying one outside as bait. Then you can have food supply for weeks ;) she will bring meals to you.

bay-em-vay 10-31-2012 05:46 AM

Our car arrived in NJ on Thursday. I'm assuming it is a loss. :( Came here to see if anyone has info.

kqf30 10-31-2012 06:53 AM

Mine is out there since last week.

My dealer gave me a 2012 535RWD service loaner to drive because he thinks it will be awhile before anybody knows anything.

Rick955 10-31-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay-em-vay (Post 7167755)
Our car arrived in NJ on Thursday. I'm assuming it is a loss. :( Came here to see if anyone has info.

Mine got there (PORGY) on Thursday too, and very luckily, got to my dealership here in CT on Saturday. Picking it up TODAY! :D I hope everyone else gets good news,

bay-em-vay 10-31-2012 10:16 AM

Rick955...this is very good news. Yes, ours was also on the Porgy. Haven't heard anything from our dealership, but keeping my hopes up.

rusha 10-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick955 (Post 7168098)
Mine got there (PORGY) on Thursday too, and very luckily, got to my dealership here in CT on Saturday. Picking it up TODAY! :D I hope everyone else gets good news,

Same here ! What dealer? I'm with BMW of Darien

boltjaM3s 10-31-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo (Post 7166937)
BJ-
Leave the annoying one outside as bait. Then you can have food supply for weeks ;) she will bring meals to you.

It worked!

Raccoon for dinner.

BJ

captainaudio 10-31-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltjaM3s (Post 7168465)
It worked!

Raccoon for dinner.

BJ

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...dio/Racoon.jpg

MonkeyCMonkeyDo 10-31-2012 02:09 PM

So this shot has just emerged from the Port of New Jersey Fisker VPC center. All the Fiskers were submerged completely and the batteries lit on fire and burned them out.
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/o8N...stedfisker.jpg

beden1 10-31-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo (Post 7168613)
So this shot has just emerged from the Port of New Jersey Fisker VPC center. All the Fiskers were submerged completely and the batteries lit on fire and burned them out.
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/o8N...stedfisker.jpg

Wow, that is tragic, along with everything else that has been destroyed due to the storm.

BMW X Series 10-31-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7168543)

the things u can find online :D:bigpimp::rofl:

captainaudio 10-31-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW X Series (Post 7168887)
the things u can find online :D:bigpimp::rofl:

I was going to post a picture of a cooked racoon but the ones I found were just too gross.

CA

boltjaM3s 10-31-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7168934)
I was going to post a picture of a cooked racoon but the ones I found were just too gross.

CA

I took the F30 for a quick drive around the corner to pick up my son who was bored eating raccoon and found a friend with electricity, what a mistake. Looks like a war zone. Incredible. Trees downed everywhere, power lines drooping inches from the moonroof, street after street closed off.

Happy to report that the car is back in the garage unscathed, but won't be bringing her back out again for at least a week it appears.

Now entering Hour 49 without power. Not fun.

BJ

AlphaForceX 10-31-2012 06:19 PM

I was supposed to pick up my car Mon when I called my CA last week. I didn't hear back from him Mon so I called him on tues and he found out the car is still in NJ scheduled to transport to NoVa on 11/4. I asked him if the car is ok and he thinks so cos BMW hasn't told him otherwise. I don't know if BMW knows at this point though. It's so hard to wait another week... I can't even imagine if the car is damaged and I need to wait for another one... :S

captainaudio 10-31-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltjaM3s (Post 7168952)
I took the F30 for a quick drive around the corner to pick up my son who was bored eating raccoon and found a friend with electricity, what a mistake. Looks like a war zone. Incredible. Trees downed everywhere, power lines drooping inches from the moonroof, street after street closed off.

Happy to report that the car is back in the garage unscathed, but won't be bringing her back out again for at least a week it appears.

Now entering Hour 49 without power. Not fun.

BJ

My neighborhood is completely unscathed. I haven't ventured out very far from home but it is hard to believe that there was so much devastation so close to us. I don't expect to be taking a car out for several days and perhaps not till after we get back from Boca Raton. We are leaving November 10th and won't be back till mid December.

CA

MML007 10-31-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaForceX (Post 7168983)
I was supposed to pick up my car Mon when I called my CA last week. I didn't hear back from him Mon so I called him on tues and he found out the car is still in NJ scheduled to transport to NoVa on 11/4. I asked him if the car is ok and he thinks so cos BMW hasn't told him otherwise. I don't know if BMW knows at this point though. It's so hard to wait another week... I can't even imagine if the car is damaged and I need to wait for another one... :S

If god forbid the BMW's were damaged due to Sandy at the VPC, BMW WOULD KNOW about it.

BMW X Series 10-31-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7168987)
My neighborhood is completely unscathed. I haven't ventured out very far from home but it is hard to believe that there was so much devastation so close to us. I don't expect to be taking a car out for several days and perhaps not till after we get back from Boca Raton. We are leaving November 10th and won't be back till mid December.

CA

captainaudio do you know if the FDR is still closed because i know that it was closed yesterday:dunno:

boltjaM3s 10-31-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainaudio (Post 7168987)

CA

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_tr...1030_xwide.jpg

The water affected the shoreline, the wind is what got everyone else.

In the city, if your building held, all was well. In the northern suburbs our beautiful 100 year old trees got revenge and took us out.

BJ

MonkeyCMonkeyDo 10-31-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MML007 (Post 7169006)
If god forbid the BMW's were damaged due to Sandy at the VPC, BMW WOULD KNOW about it.

The report from the weather track I posted from Google shows the actual VPC had up to 6 feet of water at its location. Where the cars are, the water may not have been physically that high, but based on the fiskers that are on the same pier, I don't think it looks good. Water damage is a sneaky SOB.

CA-

I had one of our portfolio managers on Bloomberg today and at commercial the host was talking about living on the Upper East Side. He said it was crazy as there was basically no rain, very little wind and they never lost power. I guess it pays to have money ;) Damn upper east siders even control the storms :P

BJ-

Possum is even better than raccoon. ;)

nyr351 11-01-2012 01:01 PM

My F30 arrived at NJ VPC on Thursday and was scheduled for delivery to dealership Tuesday. I spoke to my dealer and a friend who works at the VPC. Neither has a clue what the status is, and I was told they still have no power at the center and haven't worked all week.