Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I can't look at this forum any more (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655403)

AggieKnight 11-01-2012 07:57 AM

I can't look at this forum any more

I'm too excited.

3 weeks from today, right now, I will be picking up my new BMW. I've been planning this trip for more than a year, ordered the car almost six months ago and Oh-my-gosh the wait is killing me. All the plans are set, hotels reserved, winter tires paid for, everything is in place. I even have our iPhones unlocked and ready for a sim from a telco that won't steal my lunch money in Europe. There is nothing to do, plan, adjust, research. All that remains is the waiting.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No real value to most post; just needed to vent. I'm sure all of y'all understand. Of course the post delivery wait will be worse, but..ugh. I forgot how painful this was.

But oh, will it all be worthwhile.

valeram 11-01-2012 08:36 AM

Enjoy and have a safe trip. Remember the rule.

pawarrant 11-01-2012 10:37 AM

The wait will be worth it and the planning will pay off! Take lots of pictures!

CE750Jockey 11-01-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AggieKnight (Post 7169816)
I'm too excited.

3 weeks from today, right now, I will be picking up my new BMW. I've been planning this trip for more than a year, ordered the car almost six months ago and Oh-my-gosh the wait is killing me. All the plans are set, hotels reserved, winter tires paid for, everything is in place. I even have our iPhones unlocked and ready for a sim from a telco that won't steal my lunch money in Europe. There is nothing to do, plan, adjust, research. All that remains is the waiting.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No real value to most post; just needed to vent. I'm sure all of y'all understand. Of course the post delivery wait will be worse, but..ugh. I forgot how painful this was.

But oh, will it all be worthwhile.

Oh believe me, I get it. Same as you, a year in planning....and now it's over. Got back yesterday after 16 glorious days. Why can't BMW make a "way back machine"? Good for you. You're gonna love it. The BMW Welt experience is 1st Class all the way. My wife and I were so impressed we're planning another one. Simply fantastic.

cwsqbm 11-01-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AggieKnight (Post 7169816)
I'm too excited.

3 weeks from today, right now, I will be picking up my new BMW.

Is that factoring in the time change on Sunday, and the difference in time zones????

Have fun. We await your "when is my car going to be redelivered" thread.:p

tonmonde 11-01-2012 11:22 AM

hahaha i hear ya
yet we all keep coming back:D

03BeastCharmer 11-01-2012 12:28 PM

:D
Oh, just wait, the re-delivery wait is way worse than the 2 weeks until I leave for ED. Looks like my dealer will get my car tonight, and I can pick up tomorrow. 7 weeks, 6 days and 10 hrs after I dropped off in Munich (adjusting for time difference).

Enjoy the trip, the planning makes for a more stress free experience once you get there. Enjoy!!! I wish I could go back and enjoy the roads!!!!

zeezz 11-01-2012 02:06 PM

The redelivery wait for me was MUCH worse... 10 weeks and 4 days to the West Coast... I think it's probably because I didn't follow the 12 hour compliance rule. My suggestion? Don't even bother tracking, just make sure it gets on a ship! :)

odiesback 11-01-2012 02:23 PM

Enjoy every second of this incredible experience.

Make time last for as long as you can because each part of the trip
will create unique memories, and there will be only one first time.

Have a safe trip. :thumbup:

640GC 11-01-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeezz (Post 7170520)
The redelivery wait for me was MUCH worse... 10 weeks and 4 days to the West Coast... I think it's probably because I didn't follow the 12 hour compliance rule. My suggestion? Don't even bother tracking, just make sure it gets on a ship! :)

Wow, that's a long time. We've been waiting six weeks now and it was fine for a while but the anticipation that the car could almost be here is making time crawl.

boothguy 11-02-2012 10:33 AM

Aggieknight: I can definitely relate to the whole "anticipation" thing. In '07, I had planned to take ED on a just-introduced 335 'vert, but BMW ran short of the engines and denied myself and 71 others previously agreed-to delivery slots. So we sat on those plans for 13 months. I feel ya.

Let us see that happy smile from the delivery floor at the Welt in three weeks, okay?

AggieKnight 11-06-2012 10:57 AM

Appreciate the kind thoughts, yall.

And yes, boothguy, you will see that happy smile in SIXTEEN DAYS!

Vanos4:12PM 11-07-2012 11:09 AM

I understand completety. I first found out about an ED in 2007 and started seriously planning around summer of 09 for my May 2010 delivery. All the months and months of planning the itinerary, car options, etc. then the anticipation. It will be worth it all. As others stated, try to enjoy EVERY minute of delivery day and the trip. The welt is quite an experience and I can honestly say I will never buy a new BMW again any other way.