Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Dinan stage 2 on 650 MY12 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655640)

john mclane 11-02-2012 11:24 AM

Dinan stage 2 on 650 MY12
 
Nothing short of amazing, drove just a little bit, great response from 500-1500 rpm, above that is difficult to test with traffic
More to come as the ECU learns for the next couple of days. Next is a decent exhaust...

ShakeDaddy 11-02-2012 03:17 PM

Time for an open road John !!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.....congrats later I'm sure. :beerchug:

john mclane 11-02-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy (Post 7172368)
Time for an open road John !!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.....congrats later I'm sure. :beerchug:

Yep, gotta wait a bit, it's bikers weekend in the area, way too many cops...

I saved the email from Dinan saying that I have to drive aggressively for the next couple of days, im sure the Texas police will understand ...

southern6er22 11-02-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john mclane (Post 7172398)
I saved the email from Dinan saying that I have to drive aggressively for the next couple of days, im sure the Texas police will understand ...

If I were a cop, I'd understand :D

ShakeDaddy 11-02-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john mclane (Post 7172398)
I saved the email from Dinan saying that I have to drive aggressively for the next couple of days, im sure the Texas police will understand ...

That's beautiful. :rofl:

Keep it tight with your insurance proof and some slow jammin lines.....

john mclane 11-02-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7172427)
If I were a cop, I'd understand :D

It's in the Geneva convention, as Ricky bobby would say

Itinj6 11-02-2012 08:13 PM

I didn't get an email from Dinan saying I have to drive aggressively... I didn't get any email from Dinan at all. What gives? And what if you don't drive aggressively?

My car is out of commish right now due to Hurricane Sandy :(

john mclane 11-02-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itinj6 (Post 7172808)
I didn't get an email from Dinan saying I have to drive aggressively... I didn't get any email from Dinan at all. What gives? And what if you don't drive aggressively?

My car is out of commish right now due to Hurricane Sandy :(

It was from a dude I asked questions in the past, just as reply of me saying I got it on the car

Anytime to drive aggressively (without anger) is good...

I don't think it matters that much, besides who does this type of mod looking forward to drive ms Daisy?

southern6er22 11-03-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john mclane (Post 7172905)
I don't think it matters that much, besides who does this type of mod looking forward to drive ms Davis ?

I like to start off tamely in Comfort then switch to Sport when they're least expecting it and gun it. The element of surprise is always fun so long as the passenger has a strong urinary sphincter and doesn't get motion sick too easily :)

TopDownInFL 11-03-2012 05:52 AM

I think that's the first time in Bimmerfest history the words "urinary sphincter" we're used together in a post.

Congrats Southern!

southern6er22 11-03-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopDownInFL (Post 7173140)
I think that's the first time in Bimmerfest history the words "urinary sphincter" we're used together in a post.

Congrats Southern!

lol

Itinj6 11-03-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john mclane (Post 7172905)
It was from a dude I asked questions in the past, just as reply of me saying I got it on the car

Anytime to drive aggressively (without anger) is good...

I don't think it matters that much, besides who does this type of mod looking forward to drive ms Davis ?

Lol. And this whole time, I thought her name was Daisy.

Ahh ok. I though Dinan sends out "thank you" emails to customers and I was left out lol. Don't care so much about getting the email as I would be interested in its contents.

About the not driving aggressive, I do every chance I get. Being that my car is stuck in a garage and not getting too many chances to open her up after the tune, I was just worried that my ECU learned the wrong way and having to reset all kinds of stuff.

Anyways, congrats on the tune. I know you were proactively seeking a tune for the N63 for the past few months but I don't think there would be anything out there as good as Dinan. It really is amazing and lives up to all the hype!

john mclane 11-03-2012 09:43 PM

That's right, daisy. Maybe I should be driving her...


My pursue of a tune end up where I started, Dinan . Not a bad thing, just expensive.

I did learn a lot about the options out there and how much the US is left behind in BMW tuning. Coming from a 997, my perception of tuning was different from the reality with beemers. Far less people do it, therefore making it difficult to find true opinions and options

I got to scare the wife today, sphincters under control

I found that the gear in sport has more effect than sport/sport plus settings. Do you concur or it's my perception?

Itinj6 11-04-2012 09:39 AM

LOL

It's been over a week since I drove my car (stupid Hurricane Sandy) so I don't recall, but I'll check this again when I get back in the saddle and report back.

Hofstet 11-04-2012 04:48 PM

Just put my "baby" away for the winter. Had her detailed, purchased a new padded cover and hooked up new BMW trickle charger.
Will have Dinan Stage 2 added in April , or May, after the snow melts.

southern6er22 11-04-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hofstet (Post 7175594)
Just put my "baby" away for the winter. Had her detailed, purchased a new padded cover and hooked up new BMW trickle charger.
Will have Dinan Stage 2 added in April , or May, after the snow melts.

I must send you a sympathy card. I think it would just about kill me to do that.

What will you be driving during the winter months?

john mclane 11-04-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hofstet (Post 7175594)
Just put my "baby" away for the winter. Had her detailed, purchased a new padded cover and hooked up new BMW trickle charger.
Will have Dinan Stage 2 added in April , or May, after the snow melts.

That sucks...
Here in TX, I had to put the top up today because it was too hot...at least some advantage exists on living here ( no state taxes also)

Hofstet 11-05-2012 01:40 AM

Texas is one of my favorite states......nice people. My daughter and son-in-law, both AF Pilots, were based there for a few years. When my daughter trained with the Navy in Corpus I would love to visit her during duck season for some great diver hunting. Red Fish were also a lot of fun to catch.....and eat! Went to a nice wedding in San Antonio this past spring also.

petriej 11-05-2012 03:13 PM

If they changed the differential, you'll need to drive hard, i.e. nearly always accelerating or decelerating. If it was just a tune, I'm not sure what the deal is, probably has something to do with adaptive engine timing.

Sounds like a fun problem to have, though.

Hofstet 11-05-2012 03:22 PM

Mostly drive my F150 Lariat Crew Cab, occasionally my wife's A6 Quattro.

southern6er22 11-05-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hofstet (Post 7177403)
Mostly drive my F150 Lariat Crew Cab, occasionally my wife's A6 Quattro.

Cool.

john mclane 11-09-2012 04:13 AM

One week on, mpg dropped from 20.5-21 to 19.7
Not bad, it should improve as the ECU "settles". Can't count on my foot settling..
One regret, why didn't I do it earlier...

Hofstet 11-09-2012 04:32 AM

Really looking fwd to having Dinan mod done in the Spring. Any opinions on the black grills vs std chrome on my CB mSport? If I do it, I think I'll have the dealer install.

SAMLAMBO 11-10-2012 09:44 AM

Same thing for the juicebox(from BMS) ecu piggyback I put in. I was told to punch it a few times/drive it a bit hard for a few days. Something to do with the ecu learning.

Itinj6 11-10-2012 01:16 PM

John, I can't really tell a difference between gear lever to the left only vs gear lever to the left in Sport mode. It's probably because you lose that lighter sensitivity in Sport mode which make you press harder on the pedal giving more feedback, I dunno.

I like Sport mode because it gives that extra exhaust growl... Which brings me to my next question. Do you have M-Sport and if so, have you noticed the car is a little louder? Or is that just me?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms