Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Rims! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655919)

F10inSD 11-03-2012 11:02 PM

New Rims!
 
3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys... here are some before and after shots of my Avant Garde M368. I went 20in in staggered set up.

Not sure if to keep the AG center caps or if to put the BMW logo ones on...

(and yes I will lower with ACS springs)

schnell525 11-04-2012 12:23 AM

Looks great!

Alan L. 11-04-2012 01:12 AM

Very nice.

Personally I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels with the roundel so I would keep it as is :)

Alan

djsilo 11-04-2012 04:03 AM

Nice!

chill535ix 11-04-2012 04:35 AM

I think the wheels are hot and I would for sure put the bimmer caps in there.

Mbbrewer 11-04-2012 05:35 AM

beautiful. Def put the BMW center caps on.

dunderhi 11-04-2012 06:06 AM

Looking good! :thumbup:

To Roundel or not to Roundel that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
and by opposing end them? Heck, just put on some Roundels. ;)

F10inSD 11-04-2012 11:15 AM

Thanks for the compliments. I'm really enjoying my rims... I just look for excuses to take a drive!

PsychDoc1 11-05-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F10inSD (Post 7174500)
Hey guys... here are some before and after shots of my Avant Garde M368. I went 20in in staggered set up.

Not sure if to keep the AG center caps or if to put the BMW logo ones on...

(and yes I will lower with ACS springs)

I'm not usually a fan of aftermarket rims but I have to say that those are beautiful (and tasteful!).

GHOST PROTOCOL 11-05-2012 08:32 AM

They are very nice looking rims. (I would use the Roundel.) Let us know how the 20 inch low profile tires hold up.

Joe-BMW 11-05-2012 09:23 AM

Looks really nice. Did you also drop the car?

F10inSD 11-05-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-BMW (Post 7176779)
Looks really nice. Did you also drop the car?

No the car is still at the stock height. I think the angle of the pic made it look lower.

Im ordering ACS springs in Dec.

miamiboyca 11-05-2012 04:21 PM

Very Very nice. Gives me an idea for winter tires.

GOTONE! 11-05-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F10inSD (Post 7177492)
No the car is still at the stock height. I think the angle of the pic made it look lower.

Im ordering ACS springs in Dec.

Funny how photos can trick the eye, I'm looking and thinking, "why is he lowering it?"
Looks great! Can you tell me the exact setup? Did you use spacers etc.?
Let us know how the car performs! I think 20 inch wheels are the perfect look, but I was considering 19's to maintain some performance.

BTW a BMW mechanic at my dealer with 30 years told me the best set up was the stock 17" wheels.

Can you take some eye level before and after with the new springs? Thanks.

F10inSD 11-05-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOTONE! (Post 7177676)
Funny how photos can trick the eye, I'm looking and thinking, "why is he lowering it?"
Looks great! Can you tell me the exact setup? Did you use spacers etc.?
Let us know how the car performs! I think 20 inch wheels are the perfect look, but I was considering 19's to maintain some performance.

BTW a BMW mechanic at my dealer with 30 years told me the best set up was the stock 17" wheels.

Can you take some eye level before and after with the new springs? Thanks.

Thanks for all the kudos!

So my set up is Avant Garde M368 Front 20X8.5 ET 30 Rear 20X10 ET35. Tires are Hankook Evo V12 245/35/20 Front 285/30/20 Rear. I did NOT use spacers since this set up is pretty flush with the fender.

The ride is actually very nice. The RFT that come on the car were harsh and although I went to a bigger rim... the ride actually seems softer. I really think you need at least 20inch rims on the F10.

Joe-BMW 11-06-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F10inSD (Post 7177492)
No the car is still at the stock height. I think the angle of the pic made it look lower.

Im ordering ACS springs in Dec.

Yeah, the before pics had me wondering how the hell the car looks so low with the new wheels. I am guessing sport/m-sport model F10's sit lower than non-sport? At least this is how it was with my E66.

ModBargains.com 11-15-2012 09:08 AM

The car looks great with the new Avant Garde M368 wheels! What else have you done to your F10 or are you planning to do?

Chilly 11-15-2012 09:19 AM

Looks sharp! Yes, to the BMW caps.

pal joey 11-15-2012 09:37 AM

nice wheels

MELLOWYELLOW06 11-15-2012 10:03 AM

very nice

i have rims from their sister companies on my other cars

F10inSD 11-16-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains.com (Post 7196604)
The car looks great with the new Avant Garde M368 wheels! What else have you done to your F10 or are you planning to do?

Thanks for the replies guys!

I just got in my color matched reflectors from JBSpeed. I also plan to lower the car with ACS springs and wrap the chrome trim in high gloss black. I think thats all i'll do to her.

alex_c 11-16-2012 06:06 PM

It's incredible how much a car can change by just upgrading the wheels... it looks great! Congrats!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms