Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Log IN OUT, BLG Logistics and W & W shipping (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656912)

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 06:53 AM

Log IN OUT, BLG Logistics and W & W shipping
 
Guys, when you drop a car in Munich at Log IN OUT they give you some BLG Logistics paperwork but no information on the shipping company. I've got my VIN# but no Lading #, Cargo ID, or anything else. So my question is, does BLG exclusivley use W&W to ship it now? I've read the great "Track your BMW" thread, but it's a few years old and things change a bit. I've put my VIN# into the W&W tracking site, but nothing comes up. Now, it's only been 10 days, but am I on the right course here or should I be looking somewhere else? Thanks, guys.

ZzZzBMW 11-08-2012 07:07 AM

Email them and they will give you all the info you need to track your car. I dropped off my car in Hamburg 9 days ago and it's already on its way home!
Good luck!!

edge9 11-08-2012 07:18 AM

Or just go to W&W site and search your vin, if they are shipping it it will show you all the info.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer App

GerWil 11-08-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzZzBMW (Post 7183242)
Email them and they will give you all the info you need to track your car. I dropped off my car in Hamburg 9 days ago and it's already on its way home!
Good luck!!

+1.
If W&W tracking is used, VIN# is placed in Cargo ID

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzZzBMW (Post 7183242)
Email them and they will give you all the info you need to track your car. I dropped off my car in Hamburg 9 days ago and it's already on its way home!
Good luck!!

Just to be clear, email who, Log IN OUT, BLG or W&W? Thanks very much, guys. If anyone has the address, that'd be great.

jmh 11-08-2012 08:33 AM

drop-off-munich@loginout.de

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 7183421)

Thanks jmh. I'll give them a try.

al_macaroni 11-08-2012 09:47 AM

Hey R.J.,

I dropped of at LOGINOUT in Munich on 10/26. This morning, I was able to see it on the W&W tracking site. I put my VIN in the Cargo ID box - the box on the far RIGHT.
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

My car was listed as arriving at Bremerhaven on 10/30 and left port 11/8 on the Queen Sapphire.

Good luck tracking it down.

-Al

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_macaroni (Post 7183574)
Hey R.J.,

I dropped of at LOGINOUT in Munich on 10/26. This morning, I was able to see it on the W&W tracking site. I put my VIN in the Cargo ID box - the box on the far RIGHT.
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

My car was listed as arriving at Bremerhaven on 10/30 and left port 11/8 on the Queen Sapphire.

Good luck tracking it down.

-Al

Al, you rock, man. I'm gonna go there now and see if it made it onto the Queen Saphire. I'll let ya know when I find out. Many thanks.

RJ

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 11:17 AM

No joy for me. I keep getting "No Records Found" when I input my VIN. :cry:

al_macaroni 11-08-2012 01:39 PM

Yuck. Maybe it has not made it to Bremerhaven yet? That would explain why it is not showing up in the W&W system. Maybe an email to LogINOUT as ZzZzBMW and JMH suggested will get you more information.

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_macaroni (Post 7184073)
Yuck. Maybe it has not made it to Bremerhaven yet? That would explain why it is not showing up in the W&W system. Maybe an email to LogINOUT as ZzZzBMW and JMH suggested will get you more information.

Oh, it made it to Bremerhaven. I know this because the truck driver happened to be there when I turned it in and he drove it away! So I know it's in Bremerhaven.....somewhere.

Zeichen311 11-08-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE750Jockey (Post 7184076)
Oh, it made it to Bremerhaven. I know this because the truck driver happened to be there when I turned it in and he drove it away! So I know it's in Bremerhaven.....somewhere.

It will not show up in W&W's tracking system until it is booked to a vessel. I wouldn't expect that to take more than a few days after arrival in Bremerhaven though. It's worth a polite inquiry to LogInOut to try to find out what's going on. It could be as simple as the tracking database lagging reality.

(Just for kicks I searched for my VIN and it's still in there--surprising given that the car was offloaded two years ago this coming Saturday. So don't worry, someone or something somewhere knows where your car is. :D)

irianjim 11-08-2012 04:46 PM

The time from dropoff to port and shipment seems to have a lot of variability in it and how fast (or slow) it goes seems to depend on a little luck. It took almost three weeks from my dropoff on the 27th of September for my car to leave Bremerhaven on the 17th of October. However, I have seen guys comment on making it in less time. My car is finally in the States after six weeks from dropoff. My timing is probably going to be on the high side of BWM's shipping time estimate.

CE750Jockey 11-08-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irianjim (Post 7184373)
The time from dropoff to port and shipment seems to have a lot of variability in it and how fast (or slow) it goes seems to depend on a little luck. It took almost three weeks from my dropoff on the 27th of September for my car to leave Bremerhaven on the 17th of October. However, I have seen guys comment on making it in less time. My car is finally in the States after six weeks from dropoff. My timing is probably going to be on the high side of BWM's shipping time estimate.

You're killing me. And here I thought I'd gotten incredibly lucky having dropped off my car right when the truck driver was there. Well, you guys did say that the waiting was gonna be the toughest part, and you're right.

CE750Jockey 11-09-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_macaroni (Post 7184073)
Yuck. Maybe it has not made it to Bremerhaven yet? That would explain why it is not showing up in the W&W system. Maybe an email to LogINOUT as ZzZzBMW and JMH suggested will get you more information.

I just heard back from Loginout. My car is indeed in Bremerhaven and it will be on the Porgy departing on 11/14 and arriving 12/3. So while I'd hoped it would make it on an earlier departure, it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for your help, guys. I'm always heartened by the willingness of the 'festers to help out a fellow member. :thumbup:

Zeichen311 11-09-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irianjim (Post 7184373)
The time from dropoff to port and shipment seems to have a lot of variability in it and how fast (or slow) it goes seems to depend on a little luck. ... My car is finally in the States after six weeks from dropoff. My timing is probably going to be on the high side of BWM's shipping time estimate.

OT but: Great-looking car! The world needs more red cars, especially BMWs. :thumbup:

jcs 11-09-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE750Jockey (Post 7185215)
I just heard back from Loginout. My car is indeed in Bremerhaven and it will be on the Porgy departing on 11/14 and arriving 12/3. So while I'd hoped it would make it on an earlier departure, it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for your help, guys. I'm always heartened by the willingness of the 'festers to help out a fellow member. :thumbup:

Porgy, me too! Dropped off on 10/31 in MUC.

SD Z4MR 11-09-2012 01:27 PM

I seem to remember a post by J Spira last year something to the effect that due to some German law a car had to sit at the loading dock for 5 days before it can be loaded onto a ship. It sounds crazy, but this is what I seem to remember. I tried searching for this post but couldn't find anything, but trying to come up with the search terms returned a lot of results.

I know that our car was dropped off at LOGINOUT at the Munich airport 25 May 2012 and wasn't loaded on the faust until 4 June 2012, 10 days later. I think that the loading date was shown on the WWL site. I also seem to remember that the information didn't show up on the WWL site until at least two days after the boat left the dock.

I created an extensive tracking thread for our car starting in May last year if anyone wants to search for it.

ETA: Here's the link:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...light=tracking. It was fun to go back and read! I sure did spend a lot of time tracking the car!

JSpira 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD Z4MR (Post 7185878)
I seem to remember a post by J Spira last year something to the effect that due to some German law a car had to sit at the loading dock for 5 days before it can be loaded onto a ship.

Close... :thumbup:

It's a U.S. law (for exporters) and it's 72 hours.

SD Z4MR 11-09-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSpira (Post 7186355)
Close... :thumbup:

It's a U.S. law (for exporters) and it's 72 hours.

Thanks, I was hoping that you would show up and correct me if I was wrong!

CE750Jockey 11-10-2012 07:53 AM

More excellent information. That explains things. Thanks guys.

jtuds 03-13-2013 09:35 AM

So it's the dropoff people that give you the ship info, not your dealership?

And once the vehicle is off the ship in north america, will the staus change to something like "Delivered - Halifax" or wherever...?

jmh 03-13-2013 01:55 PM

Yes once your car has been shuttled to the loading dock they can tell you which vessel it's on etc
from there you can track it via the vessel's website
Simply send the LongOut folks an email 1-2 weeks after your dropped it off.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms