Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Who is on the Queen Sapphire? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656916)

ZzZzBMW 11-08-2012 06:15 AM

Who is on the Queen Sapphire?
 
My car is on the Queen Sapphire, which left Bremerhaven today 11/08. ETA in New York 11/21!
Can't wait to get it back!!

al_macaroni 11-08-2012 09:09 AM

Me, too!

ZzZzBMW 11-24-2012 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My car is in NY... was unloaded yesterday and the WWL tracking shows that it was "delivered from" today.
I'm not sure what that means...anyone?

al_macaroni 11-24-2012 01:45 PM

I have the same status. I would like to believe that the car has been delivered to the VDC for inspection.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App

ZzZzBMW 11-24-2012 03:14 PM

I think it should say the car has been cleared by customs and released to the liner before it goes to VDC for inspection. I guess we need to keep checking until the status changes... Hopefully that happens soon!

al_macaroni 11-24-2012 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This afternoon my status on the W&W site had a Customs entry and I think the last entry was Released with 11/24 as the date stamp. I was not able to grab a screen capture from my phone.

I would really like to believe it has been released to the VDC.

alex_msu 11-26-2012 09:33 AM

any updates?:thumbup: My last one says customs release stamped on 11/24

ZzZzBMW 11-26-2012 10:14 AM

My status hasn't changed... I'm guessing it hasn't been released by customs yet.

djsaad1 11-26-2012 10:20 AM

Quick question how long did it take for the car to get on a boat? My car got to Bremerhaven a couple days ago and it is going to the port in Georgia. There is a ship leaving tomorrow and one the day after. Is there a chance the car will get on one of these ships or does it usually take longer?

ZzZzBMW 11-26-2012 10:41 AM

It's hard to predict. Your best bet is to contact the company handling your drop off and they will give you the name of the vessel you are booked on....or keep checking the W&WL website until the ship info shows up.

alex_msu 11-26-2012 10:45 AM

Just spoke with ED rep., according to her the "customs release" entry on W&WL site pertains to the vessel and not the vehicle...does that make sense?

ZzZzBMW 11-26-2012 11:16 AM

Thanks Alex... I sent an email today, I'll post the response.

ZzZzBMW 11-27-2012 01:19 PM

I just spoke to the customer rep at the ED department and she told me that my car is waiting to be cleared by Customs which usually takes 7 to 10 days.

alex_msu 11-27-2012 02:04 PM

this is now really getting to me, I don't remember such anxious feeling the last 3 ED redeliveries ...:(

al_macaroni 11-27-2012 05:55 PM

Thanks for the update. The wait is not as easy as I had hoped.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App

alex_msu 11-28-2012 07:20 AM

Just spoke with ED. My vehicle has been cleared by customs, processed at VPC and has been released to the trucking company and will be at my dealer's today.... So strange considering the fact that on Monday it has not yet been cleared by customs.

djsaad1 11-28-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzZzBMW (Post 7183259)
My car is on the Queen Sapphire, which left Bremerhaven today 11/08. ETA in New York 11/21!
Can't wait to get it back!!

The ship left Germany on the 8th, at what point did the vin tracking work for you? Was it on the 8th when the ship left? Or the 7th when the car was loaded on the ship?

alex_msu 11-28-2012 07:37 AM

I would say 2-3 days before it was loaded onto a vessel. However I knew from the transport agency that it was booked around the 30th.

ZzZzBMW 11-28-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7218705)
The ship left Germany on the 8th, at what point did the vin tracking work for you? Was it on the 8th when the ship left? Or the 7th when the car was loaded on the ship?

It was the same for me, the tracking started working 2-3 days before. Where did you drop your car off?

ZzZzBMW 11-28-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_msu (Post 7218685)
Just spoke with ED. My vehicle has been cleared by customs, processed at VPC and has been released to the trucking company and will be at my dealer's today.... So strange considering the fact that on Monday it has not yet been cleared by customs.

That's great! You should get your car pretty soon!:thumbup:

I'm not sure where they get the information from at the ED department. I called this morning and the rep. told me that my car was offloaded from the Queen Sapphire in NY yesterday! ... when I know the vessel was actually in Brunswick yesterday:mad:
I called again a few minutes ago and a different rep. told me that my car was received at the VDC today:)

alex_msu 11-28-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzZzBMW (Post 7219298)
That's great! You should get your car pretty soon!:thumbup:

I'm not sure where they get the information from at the ED department. I called this morning and the rep. told me that my car was offloaded from the Queen Sapphire in NY yesterday! ... when I know the vessel was actually in Brunswick yesterday:mad:
I called again a few minutes ago and a different rep. told me that my car was received at the VDC today:)

Thanks!:thumbup:
Now just trying to decide if I want ASS programming done prior to delivery, or sometimes later....

al_macaroni 11-30-2012 03:26 PM

My car is at the dealership. :)

AggieKnight 12-15-2012 04:37 AM

My car is on the Queen Sapphire! Due to land in Georgia on 2 Jan!

The European Date format gave me quite a shock this morning when I read the email:
Shipping Line
WWL
Booking Number
...redacted...
Voyage ID
CA250
Vessel
QUEEN SAPPHIRE
Port Of Loading
BREMERHAVEN
Departure Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
12/12/2012
Bill Of Lading
...redacted...
Destination Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
02/01/2013

(I totally realize they give you the format...)

Is anyone else joining her?

conceyted 12-15-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AggieKnight (Post 7251108)
My car is on the Queen Sapphire! Due to land in Georgia on 2 Jan!

The European Date format gave me quite a shock this morning when I read the email:
Shipping Line
WWL
Booking Number
...redacted...
Voyage ID
CA250
Vessel
QUEEN SAPPHIRE
Port Of Loading
BREMERHAVEN
Departure Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
12/12/2012
Bill Of Lading
...redacted...
Destination Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
02/01/2013

(I totally realize they give you the format...)

Is anyone else joining her?

I am also on the Queen Sapphire. I am so glad someone posted because I forgot the dd/mm/yyyy and was bummed thinking my car was at least 4 weeks behind schedule. Glad to see that its really Jan 2 and not Feb 1!

shakes 12-16-2012 12:12 PM

I am on the queen sapphire as well. It looks like the vessel is expected in ny on 12/26.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms