Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Farewell (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657042)

Orient330iNYC 11-08-2012 05:45 PM

Farewell

..sorta....
Just placed a order for an F30 :D

335i M-Sport
Estoril Blue/Black 'ette/ aluminum hex/ estoril blue finishers
6MT, Dynamic Handling, Tech package, Heated seats, PDC, rearview cam.

very excited to be getting an extra pedal and RWD. its actually the best news this week-- I'm technically still homeless as both my apt and office are still without power...

still will be floating around for quite a while though:)

fun2drive 11-08-2012 05:57 PM

Should be a nice ride really.
I can relate to what you are going through living on the coast in Florida. However not having heat is never an issue here and the population density isn't a typical issue either both which make things getting back to normal difficult for a long time to come...

Ilovemycar 11-08-2012 06:04 PM

Congratulations! :bigpimp:

Your extremely knowledgeable posts will be missed. :bawling:

lqaddict 11-08-2012 06:17 PM

I have two more years on my lease hope they will nor knock the 6mt by the time I upgrade.
Congrats!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

Nordic_Kat 11-08-2012 06:26 PM

Sorry to see you defect, but it is the natural progression. Please look in on us occasionally and lend your wisdom.

BTW: Living here in a hurricane prone metropolis, I understand and sympathize. I'm out in the 'burbs, but had a lot of friends who went through 4-6 weeks of no power with Tropical Storm Allison 2001 (the one that just wouldn't go away) and Hurricane Ike (2008). In our 'connected' age, being without electricity is almost worse than being without running water. Good luck and stay in touch.

GarySL 11-08-2012 06:41 PM

Congratulations on your forthcoming upgrade. You will missed here Big O although I wouldn't be surprised if you made the occasional guest appearance.

Here's to a quick resolution of your forced downtime. :drink:

-=Hot|Ice=- 11-08-2012 08:02 PM

Congrats! Enjoy in good health.

Tom K. 11-08-2012 08:08 PM

Congrats - hope you get your power back soon.

Tom

anE934fun 11-08-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarySL (Post 7184672)
Congratulations on your forthcoming upgrade. You will missed here Big O although I wouldn't be surprised if you made the occasional guest appearance.

Here's to a quick resolution of your forced downtime. :drink:

+1. No power is a rather sucky experience. I went through a no power experience for about 5 days a number of years ago (major screw-up by PG&E; cost them a rate increase). The first day was a novelty. After that, it was when the f*ck are they going to get the power back on?!

DSXMachina 11-08-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC (Post 7184559)
..sorta....

335i M-Sport

very excited to be getting an extra pedal and RWD. its actually the best news this week-- I'm technically still homeless as both my apt and office are still without power...

What, you're giving up the Daihatsu? There goes respect right out the window! Oh well, pics or it didn't...
Sorry to hear you're still without electricity, but apparently not without a terminal, so you're only on the razor's edge of barbarism. I have to agree with Kat. Without water you're just thirsty, eventually smelly, and perhaps facing your slow demise. Without electricity there's no ice for the Scotch.

Orient330iNYC 11-09-2012 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7184888)
What, you're giving up the Daihatsu? There goes respect right out the window! Oh well, pics or it didn't...
Sorry to hear you're still without electricity, but apparently not without a terminal, so you're only on the razor's edge of barbarism. I have to agree with Kat. Without water you're just thirsty, eventually smelly, and perhaps facing your slow demise. Without electricity there's no ice for the Scotch.

i'm holed up in middlesex county in NJ, the other night the county was under a boil water advisory, so there was no ice for my scotch.

until the cell sites lost power in lower manhattan, i was still online by way of three laptops and alot of extended batteries. sadly the daihatsu was floated into the brooklyn battery tunnel. my manservant donned scuba gear to retrieve it, i have him drying it with a folding fan.

the 83 million gallon torrent that washed my daihatsu away, as i watched in horror:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...1&d=1352462777

Kief 11-09-2012 04:22 AM

Say it aint so....I just returned to the E90 community and have always enjoyed your contributions.
Remain safe out there...

Speedwagon 11-09-2012 05:17 AM

Will miss the eye! :wave: :beerchug: :wave:

pointandgo 11-09-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC (Post 7184559)
..sorta....

335i M-Sport

Oh no! Congratulations on the other hand! :thumbup: I'm sure E9X festers can pop in for advice once in a while for your unparalleled knowledge and advice?
:bawling:

Orient330iNYC 11-09-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointandgo (Post 7185390)
Oh no! Congratulations on the other hand! :thumbup: I'm sure E9X festers can pop in for advice once in a while for your unparalleled knowledge and advice?
:bawling:

i'll be around. just moving over a forum :D

pointandgo 11-09-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC (Post 7185394)
i'll be around. just moving over a forum :D

That's what they all say!
Too much brain drain in here. To make it worse, Nashua Lodge of Elks blogs are filled with rumors that DSX was seen in Tulley BMW's showroom fawning over new models!

SD Z4MR 11-09-2012 11:29 AM

Congrats on your new car! I love Estoril Blue II and you're pretty close to how I'd configure an F30 335i except that I'm partial to leather. Buying my Z4 M hasn't stopped me from hanging out in the E9x forum from time to time and I even hung out in the F30 forum for awhile earlier this year.

cwinter 11-09-2012 11:47 AM

Congrats on the car. Your technical input is always interesting, accurate, and much appreciated! Hopefully it will continue to benefit 'Fest members. Perhaps just a bit less in this forum and more in the other.

Enjoy the car and I hope the recovery is going well in your part of the world.

DSXMachina 11-09-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointandgo (Post 7185462)
That's what they all say!
Too much brain drain in here. To make it worse, Nashua Lodge of Elks blogs are filled with rumors that DSX was seen in Tulley BMW's showroom fawning over new models!

You don't know how funny this is! An hour ago I was at Tulley's picking up a Thermical Sensor for an X3. You have your choice of exits from the parts dep't. One leads to the parking lot, the other the showroom. I went through the showroom and there it was, an Alpine White 650 Convertible, top down, posing in the spotlights. It locked on me like a tractor beam and refused to release me until the drool level had reached embarrassing proportions.
Although there were several CA's with little to do, no one approached me. That's what happens when you show up wearing a dirty uniform and lacking a manicure. Little do they know what a weak moment they could have caught me in.
Then I get back, make a coffee, fire up old sparky, and there's your post. Too funny.

anE934fun 11-09-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 7185951)
You don't know how funny this is! An hour ago I was at Tulley's picking up a Thermical Sensor for an X3. You have your choice of exits from the parts dep't. One leads to the parking lot, the other the showroom. I went through the showroom and there it was, an Alpine White 650 Convertible, top down, posing in the spotlights. It locked on me like a tractor beam and refused to release me until the drool level had reached embarrassing proportions.
Although there were several CA's with little to do, no one approached me. That's what happens when you show up wearing a dirty uniform and lacking a manicure. Little do they know what a weak moment they could have caught me in.
Then I get back, make a coffee, fire up old sparky, and there's your post. Too funny.

Out of curiosity, what was it about the 650 vert that generated the drool level? I was under-impressed by the new 650 vert when I drove one about a year ago. A Yukon Denali could have hidden in the blind spot of the 650 vert with the top up. I was using the side mirrors just like I would have with the Denali (I have owned both a 2001 and 2003 Denali, so I have experience), given the blind spot. Yes, the Adaptive Drive was incredible, but drool factor? IDK/Meh. A set of Koni FSDs on an E93 335is would have been just as good.... Without all of the complexity.

Perhaps I am biased toward the E90/3? :dunno:

pointandgo 11-09-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anE934fun (Post 7186672)
Out of curiosity, what was it about the 650 vert that generated the drool level? I was under-impressed by the new 650 vert when I drove one about a year ago. A Yukon Denali could have hidden in the blind spot of the 650 vert with the top up. I was using the side mirrors just like I would have with the Denali (I have owned both a 2001 and 2003 Denali, so I have experience), given the blind spot. Yes, the Adaptive Drive was incredible, but drool factor? IDK/Meh. A set of Koni FSDs on an E93 335is would have been just as good.... Without all of the complexity.

Well, here's at least one valued E9X member who doesn't seem like an imminent defector!

anE934fun 11-09-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointandgo (Post 7186689)
Well, here's at least one valued E9X member who doesn't seem like an imminent defector!

Definitely not an F30. Whatever replaces the F30 is a possible. But an F30? - Nah.

DSXMachina 11-10-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anE934fun (Post 7186672)

Who said anything about giving up the 335i coupe? I'm married to her! :angel:

boltjaM3s 11-10-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pointandgo (Post 7185390)

I'm sure E9X festers can pop in for advice once in a while for your unparalleled knowledge and advice?

No.

The F30 subforum is exclusive to new car owners who can afford a $50,000 German sport sedan. Say your goodbye's now and move along.

BJ

55 11-10-2012 06:57 AM

Orient, it is nice to have you here with knowledge, not just opinions, like most of us. Good luck, but no good bye, since you don't go too far. Say hi to BJ over there.