Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   My New X1 Ride (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657234)

Wolfex 11-09-2012 04:40 PM

My New X1 Ride

7 Attachment(s)
I have had my car for two weeks and I love it. Its beautiful and such a fun drive. I ordered it on 8/31/12 and I picked it up at the dealer on 10/26/12 so it was exactly 8 weeks. It seemed like years though. My build is:

X1 xDrive28i
Le Mans Blue Metallic
M Sport Line
Nevada Coral Red Leather
Ultimate Package
Lighting Package
Heated Front Seats
Harman Kardon surround system

I was able to get it for 5% off MSRP.

I love the handling and sporty feel. You can feel it hugging the road on corners. Those who don't like that feel would probably do without the sport suspension. The steering is solid. I found that the servotronic steering too light. I made the dealer re-order the car because the first build didn't have the paddle shifters.

I was aprehensive about the red leather seats when I ordered it but I love it. In some pictures I saw before I ordered it, it seemed to be day glow red but in person it is a rich red. Depending on the light intensity it goes from a light red to a deep brown red. The combination with the Le Mans Blue is awesome for me.

I got the rear windows tinted and bought a roof rack and snowboard holder. I ordered it before I heard about the changes that were coming to the M sport line so I have the 18" summer performance mixed tires. I'll have to put a set of winter or all season tires before hitting the slopes this winter.

I don't have BMW Apps and its fine for me, I don't need to see the album art on the display. I can still play Pandora but with the BMW iPhone cable the song titles don't always update on the display. When the phone is connected through Bluetooth and using Pandora the song title updates all the time. There is also another quirk with the Bluetooth. When you connect with the iPhone cable and then connect to Bluetooth you have to re-enable the Bluetooth streaming audio for music. It took me a while to figure that out.

I have only put 320 miles on the car so its still in the break in period. I'm still on my first full tank of gas and its getting about 18 miles per gallon. I expect that to go higher as it loosens up.

I don't mind the auto start/stop feature but I had the dealer reprogram it to default to the last setting. The engine is not as smooth as a 6 cylinder but I was looking for more fuel savings on this model. I was coming from an Audi A3 lemon (it was in the shop 4 times this year alone). The X1 feels more powerful and handles better. I cant wait until the break in period is over so I can floor it and feel the full acceleration.

conceyted 11-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfex (Post 7186310)
I have had my car for two weeks and I love it. Its beautiful and such a fun drive. I ordered it on 8/31/12 and I picked it up at the dealer on 10/26/12 so it was exactly 8 weeks. It seemed like years though. My build is:

X1 xDrive28i
Le Mans Blue Metallic
M Sport Line
Nevada Coral Red Leather
Ultimate Package
Lighting Package
Heated Front Seats
Harman Kardon surround system

I was able to get it for 5% off MSRP.

I love the handling and sporty feel. You can feel it hugging the road on corners. Those who don't like that feel would probably do without the sport suspension. The steering is solid. I found that the servotronic steering too light. I made the dealer re-order the car because the first build didn't have the paddle shifters.

I was aprehensive about the red leather seats when I ordered it but I love it. In some pictures I saw before I ordered it, it seemed to be day glow red but in person it is a rich red. Depending on the light intensity it goes from a light red to a deep brown red. The combination with the Le Mans Blue is awesome for me.

I got the rear windows tinted and bought a roof rack and snowboard holder. I ordered it before I heard about the changes that were coming to the M sport line so I have the 18" summer performance mixed tires. I'll have to put a set of winter or all season tires before hitting the slopes this winter.

I don't have BMW Apps and its fine for me, I don't need to see the album art on the display. I can still play Pandora but with the BMW iPhone cable the song titles don't always update on the display. When the phone is connected through Bluetooth and using Pandora the song title updates all the time. There is also another quirk with the Bluetooth. When you connect with the iPhone cable and then connect to Bluetooth you have to re-enable the Bluetooth streaming audio for music. It took me a while to figure that out.

I have only put 320 miles on the car so its still in the break in period. I'm still on my first full tank of gas and its getting about 18 miles per gallon. I expect that to go higher as it loosens up.

I don't mind the auto start/stop feature but I had the dealer reprogram it to default to the last setting. The engine is not as smooth as a 6 cylinder but I was looking for more fuel savings on this model. I was coming from an Audi A3 lemon (it was in the shop 4 times this year alone). The X1 feels more powerful and handles better. I cant wait until the break in period is over so I can floor it and feel the full acceleration.

Great looking car. 18 MPG sounds ridiculously low. Keep us posted on that. What roof racks did you order? How do they fit?

Wolfex 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I should have said that I am doing about 90% city driving so far, no long highway trips. The MPG has been inching up slowly. It started around 16 and has slowly gone up to about 18.6 currently. I haven't put the roof rack on yet and plan to do a fit check this weekend.

HotRodW 11-09-2012 06:00 PM

Very nice! Looks like you went darker on the tint than I did. What % is that?

The Coral Red looks good. I'd like to see the red with the crosshatch aluminum trim.

Wolfex 11-09-2012 07:36 PM

The tint is 80%.

Ex-One 11-10-2012 08:01 PM

What changes are coming to the M Sport?

2013x1 11-12-2012 05:59 PM

She is a beauty! Congrats. I'm going to assume, when you tint the windows the auto mirror dimmer would not register bright lights and then would not dim the rear view or side mirrors? Have you noticed? I haven't tinted mine yet because driving in urban areas I really like the auto dim feature.

conceyted 11-12-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013x1 (Post 7191131)
She is a beauty! Congrats. I'm going to assume, when you tint the windows the auto mirror dimmer would not register bright lights and then would not dim the rear view or side mirrors? Have you noticed? I haven't tinted mine yet because driving in urban areas I really like the auto dim feature.

I can't speak for the x1, but in my previous car the tint did not have any real affect on the auto dimming features in the mirrors. The sensors will still sense light, tint just lets less light through, so it will dim darker the brighter it thinks the light is, in many cases with tint you won't need it to dim, but when you do need it it will dim fine.

Ex-One 11-12-2012 06:18 PM

Tint won't have any effect. The auto dimming feature senses bright spots relative to ambient light and dims them. Lights will still be bright relative to the darker ambient lighting from the tint.

Allies_X3 11-19-2012 08:22 AM

Nice ride! I am looking at the X1 myself. Also thanks for the note about getting 5% off MSRP on a dealer order. I haven't ever done an order yet, but I'll need to if I go with the Valencia Orange.

Farkled 01-03-2013 10:45 AM

Had to bump your thread and ask how you are liking the red interior ? I can't find one to see in person (and cant be sure it is the same as the Coral Red in the different leather of the older 3 series ive seen) and am trying to determine if its super bright or not. Hoping its more muted and less pink hued then it photographs. Also does the wood trim go well with it? Any feedback appreciated

Allies_X3 01-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farkled (Post 7287008)
Had to bump your thread and ask how you are liking the red interior ? I can't find one to see in person (and cant be sure it is the same as the Coral Red in the different leather of the older 3 series ive seen) and am trying to determine if its super bright or not. Hoping its more muted and less pink hued then it photographs. Also does the wood trim go well with it? Any feedback appreciated

I've seen it in person, and it's not bright, but it is really REALLY red. Just my .02.

Wolfex 01-03-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farkled (Post 7287008)

It's a little les pink than the pictures online show. The cameras are usually very sensitive to blue and skews the pictures. To me the color ranges from a deep earthy (brownish) red in sunlight to a light red in florescent. It's not for everyone.

Wood trim helps soften up the interior for me and brings more warmth. The aluminum would have looked great but it would have been too cold.

nospam 01-03-2013 01:52 PM

Questions:

Is the Panaromic moonroof tinted (even slightly)? Does sun get in the eyes of the driver or passengers when open? Anyone considered tinting the moonroof?

Wolfex 01-03-2013 08:06 PM

The moon roof is not tinted and sun can hit you if it's overhead. In my previous Audi A3, I had the moon roof tinted since there was only a see through shade. The X1 has a sliding cover so I didn't see the need to get it tinted.

vst335is 01-03-2013 08:22 PM

I wish they will make X1M and make it manual! Ah, these automatics...