Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   05 545i increased emissions help!! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657813)

dcuellar90 11-12-2012 08:27 PM

05 545i increased emissions help!!

i had increased emissions light came on and the car was shaking also said overload may damage catalytic converter. i had it checked out and replaced 2 ingition coils that was miss firing and spark plugs. it was working fine then it came back on and shakes a little bit again and now its missing on 5 and said something about the secondary air something? i used the inexpensive spark plugs also, what do you suggest if anything , any advice will help thank you

jfer34 11-13-2012 08:26 AM

hey i have the same light that just went on, no shaking in my engine though. i have no idea why the light is on and haven't had the time to get it checked out, i just replaced a hose causing an anti freeze leak i don't know if that has something to do with it but if anyone has any insight on this it would really help. i too have an 04 545i.

luckydog 11-13-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcuellar90 (Post 7191447)
i had increased emissions light came on and the car was shaking also said overload may damage catalytic converter. i had it checked out and replaced 2 ingition coils that was miss firing and spark plugs. it was working fine then it came back on and shakes a little bit again and now its missing on 5 and said something about the secondary air something? i used the inexpensive spark plugs also, what do you suggest if anything , any advice will help thank you

When my car had the warning lt it was cracked secondary air hoses to the cats,also one of two secondary air valves was bad and had a air leak at its mounting point.And a small maf sensor was replaced too. the valves/or air pumps are under the front of engine on the M5.;)

Jaycal3 11-14-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckydog (Post 7193468)
When my car had the warning lt it was cracked secondary air hoses to the cats,also one of two secondary air valves was bad and had a air leak at its mounting point.the valves are under the front of engine.;)

The valves are actually at the back of the motor against the firewall. One goes to each head. You are lucky if your issue is the secondary air pump and or valves and hoses. I changed all that and my issue is "carbon buildup in the heads"... a luxury car so technically advanced and yet an issue like this on an '04...really?! Its a $4-5k fix...

palm4143 04-08-2014 09:12 PM

Hi i have a same problem.....can u advise.....

truckpilot545 04-08-2014 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd recommend a scan as well. I have 2A19-P0444 "evap canister purge control valve circuit open" and also get increased emission on my 05 545's Idrive. Soon I am going to change the DMTL, cause with DIS, I am able to activate and hear the tank vent valve on engine, plus i have already replaced the fuel cap. Your issue might be different, so you need the code. Don't forget to post your fix when you figure it out.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app