Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   What up with that Sweet M6 Spoiler (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658037)

ShakeDaddy 11-13-2012 07:31 PM

What up with that Sweet M6 Spoiler
 
Seeing the M6 Coupe at my dealer made me want to add this sexy spoiler to my 650i Coupe.

Is this just like a first sight of thing or maybe some kind of whatever issue that has recently raised it's evil head.

Or does this spoiler make the back end of the 650i.... and is really that damn good? :beerchug:


http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s-1024x640.jpg

TopDownInFL 11-13-2012 08:21 PM

Agreed. Love it. When you find it, please post a link to the part #!

southern6er22 11-13-2012 08:26 PM

I didn't want to like its addition at first - partly because I was convinced that my car is perfect and partly because spoilers, in general, seem more like sporty appendages that give a false illusion of performance (there are obvious exceptions here).

I struggle to believe it adds any noticeable downforce in the real world, but I'm okay with it. It's a design addition that sets apart the M6 from other 6ers, and it's subtle enough that it doesn't look like its trying too hard.

I think it fits the 6er's "sexy and I know it" attitude that doesn't give a baboon's buttock about the critics that say it is too heavy to be a sports coupe, too impractical, etc. etc.

djsaad1 11-13-2012 09:25 PM

I really like it on the red, don't think it will look good on all colors though.

hammadurb 11-13-2012 11:00 PM

Saw this listing on eBay. They are selling the spoiler "painted" to factory color for $689.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-BM...9be861&vxp=mtr

Edit: If you look at the pictures of the demo car they have listed, it is dealer stock car in Vista BMW. Did they take a picture of an OEM spoiler and claim it as their own? Why would it be a different color?

djsaad1 11-13-2012 11:20 PM

That doesn't look much like the original red one posted. Look at the two sides on the red one and then look at the two sides on the one on the white car. The red one looks like it goes straight across while the ebay one wraps around.

Itinj6 11-14-2012 11:43 AM

Ya, the eBay one, while not bad looking, definitely has a bit too much wrap around. You can see the ends of it going all the way to the trunk lid seam, unlike the M6 one. I like the M6 one better. More subtle, but still makes a statement.

I am looking for one myself. Doesn't AC Schnitzel make a similar one?

Also, may be a dumb question but are these bolted on or do they use a strong adhesive. I don't want to drill holes but I also don't want this thing flying off. I guess the "down force" should keep the wing planted to the lid, if it can keep the car planted to the ground lol.

jordanM3 11-14-2012 03:42 PM

Most of them use 3M automotive adhesive.

Soldes 11-14-2012 04:29 PM

Rear lip Spoiler
 
The one for sale on E bay and other sites is a wrap around; agree that is not as distinguished and classy as the one in the picture above (red M6).
Would definately be all over the top one (straight across), if I could get my hands on it, and paint it with the factory color. In my opinion, it is a subtle/refined statement maker..
Anyone has seen this anywhere?

jordanM3 11-14-2012 05:55 PM

That one on eBay is terrible.

Give it some time, and they will be available at less than one-third that price and be a perfect match for size and color. I think my 335's M3-type spoiler was about $160.

ShakeDaddy 11-14-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldes (Post 7195282)
The one for sale on E bay and other sites is a wrap around; agree that is not as distinguished and classy as the one in the picture above (red M6).
Would definately be all over the top one (straight across), if I could get my hands on it, and paint it with the factory color. In my opinion, it is a subtle/refined statement maker..
Anyone has seen this anywhere?

The M6 spoiler completely matches the rear of the car and blends smoothly into the lines of the 6 series. In person it looks even better. And....If Southey goes for it you know it flows.

I'm thinking the way to get your hands this one is only through a BMW dealer. It's probably factory painted which would be a plus.

djsaad1 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy (Post 7195602)
The M6 spoiler completely matches the rear of the car and blends smoothly into the lines of the 6 series. In person it looks even better. And....If Southey goes for it you know it flows.

I'm thinking the way to get your hands this one is only through a BMW dealer. It's probably factory painted which would be a plus.

I wouldn't be surprised if BMW tells you to buy the whole trunk lid just to be able to have the spoiler.

ShakeDaddy 11-14-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7195610)
I wouldn't be surprised if BMW tells you to buy the whole trunk lid just to be able to have the spoiler.

.....ouch. Stick the knife in and twist it. Got to protect the brand :flipoff:

southern6er22 11-14-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeDaddy (Post 7195602)
And....If Southey goes for it you know it flows.

lol. Good enough reason for me :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7195610)
I wouldn't be surprised if BMW tells you to buy the whole trunk lid just to be able to have the spoiler.

I actually just heard back from BMW HQ regarding this inquiry. They said that they would be happy to sell me the spoiler if I bought an M6 attached to it. They also said that they greatly appreciated my feedback and would like to send me a cheap, BMW-branded gift to show their appreciation for buying BMW. This was the same lady who told me that an engine tune would not be offered for the 2012s, but gosh golly they are happy to hear from their truly valued customers.
#bitter2012F12/13owners

ShakeDaddy 11-15-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7195791)
I actually just heard back from BMW HQ regarding this inquiry. They said that they would be happy to sell me the spoiler if I bought an M6 attached to it. They also said that they greatly appreciated my feedback and would like to send me a cheap, BMW-branded gift to show their appreciation for buying BMW. This was the same lady who told me that an engine tune would not be offered for the 2012s, but gosh golly they are happy to hear from their truly valued customers.
#bitter2012F12/13owners


Does the word "Yes" even exist at BMW HQ ??? :banghead:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms