Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Does anyone Lease the X3 anymore??? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658059)

rlgarry 11-13-2012 08:18 PM

Does anyone Lease the X3 anymore???

I am considering leasing an X3 this go around since I have a company car for work and like the idea of not having to worry about repairs or maintenance for the duration of the lease. My CPO 2007 X3 has caused me a lot of sleepless nights. I have only seen people talking about the purchase price of the X3 but was curious if there are still good deals on the leasing side and if it makes sense anymore? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

DslDwg 11-16-2012 11:37 AM

We leased my wifes X3 2.8i recently. Her payment went up $25 a month from a purchase on a Mazda SUV. Seems like a good way to go to me.

Herdfan80 11-16-2012 12:27 PM

We are leasing as well. We're upgrading from a Mazda cx-7 to an x3 or Volvo xc60. Leasing either way. Leaning towards the x3 at this point.

slambmw 11-16-2012 06:45 PM

We're leasing, protects us if the car is a lemon an technological changes that might be developed in the future for a few $$$ more. Love the vehicle and might keep it after lease expires.

boogysbmw 11-17-2012 11:23 AM

I just picked up my x3 yesterday and it is a lease.

iwanna330cic 11-28-2012 07:51 PM

My wife is considering the X3 as a replacement for her Lexus RX350. This would be a lease if she goes ahead with it.

lbjgh 11-28-2012 08:55 PM

hmm, if my car caused me sleepless nights I wouldn't buy another car from the manufacturer. By an Acura or Lexus and sleep soundly. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlgarry (Post 7193600)
I am considering leasing an X3 this go around since I have a company car for work and like the idea of not having to worry about repairs or maintenance for the duration of the lease. My CPO 2007 X3 has caused me a lot of sleepless nights. I have only seen people talking about the purchase price of the X3 but was curious if there are still good deals on the leasing side and if it makes sense anymore? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Zcar 12-02-2012 06:56 PM

I am leasing X3 :), and using it mainly for winter commuting. I like the idea of replacing every 3 years. My summer (3-seasons) car is Z4 (not leased). Other than winter commuting, the X3 is used for shopping, transporting large/bulky loads, and going to rough roads (places for higher clearance vehices).

One of the lease agreements is the mileage limits (30,000 miles / 3 years). Also, I understand that I cannot put any stickers on the X3, except state insection on the windshield. The car must be in clean conditions. But, I am fine with these restrictions.

nhman 12-03-2012 03:17 AM

Most likely I will be leasing the X3 which will be wife's DD. To OP original statement, regardless of financing type (lease vs. traditional), you should always negotiate the purchase price. With a lease, there are more parts in the negotiation process including money factor and acquisition fee. Both of which are often marked-up by the F&I Mgr for back-end profit.