i have a e36 318is 1998. 1st is my car mis fires at high rpm and seems to hit a rev limiter, i've replaced all the spark plugs but it makes no difference???? 2nd is my traction control doesn't work, i have replaced the traction control button and again makes no difference??? 3rd is everytime i plug my alarm in it won't stop going off??? anyone else had these problems?? Oh and the passenger door has packed up and will only open from inside any ideas? :mad:
1. Your car has a rev limiter. It is at fairly high RPM. Are you hitting it?
2. What plugs did you use? (Aside from that, if you replaced them and it changed nothing, then they weren't the underlying issue).
3. How is replacing the ATC button supposed to 'fix' the ATC not working?
4. What is the ATC doing to be 'not working'?
5. Brand of alarm? What is the voltage of your battery with the car off? With the car running?
6. You're gonna have a blast replacing that door handle. On coupe's they're a bitch.
it usally revs up to 6 and a half. 5,500 at the moment just speaking to another form he said it was the abs sensor
The plugs boash
well maybe the traction control button may have shorted out. its nice without traction but its not good going everywhere side ways. The traction light on the dash wont go off?
factory fitted alarm and i dont know how can i test the voltage?
cheers for the heads up on the door dude
trac light is on because it sees a fault in the system, so it is disengaged.
a dvom will be ok to check voltages.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms