Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   LED Fog Lights Possible? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658393)

BimmerCM 11-15-2012 01:20 PM

LED Fog Lights Possible?
 
I'm sure I can find the answer to this question out there somewhere, but I figured this might be easier and quicker.

Does anyone know if the standard/stock bulbs for the fog lights on a 2011 328 Convertible can be changed to LED Bulbs and where I can find them? Every other light on my car is LED except the fog lights and I'm not sure of the reason.

Any info or ideas would be much appreciated - thanks all!

CM

Fast Bob 11-15-2012 05:34 PM

Fog lights are designed to throw a "puddle" of light low & close to the front bumper, LEDs are better suited for lights with more "throw", like driving lights. Driving around with fog lights on when it`s not foggy is generally considered to be the domain of 16-year-olds and knuckleheads....

BimmerCM 11-15-2012 05:59 PM

Yeah - that was helpful. Why even waste your time with a dickhead-type of comment?

ProRail 11-15-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmerCM (Post 7197529)
Yeah - that was helpful. Why even waste your time with a dickhead-type of comment?

Sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Fast Bob 11-15-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmerCM (Post 7197529)
Yeah - that was helpful. Why even waste your time with a dickhead-type of comment?

I just call `em the way I see `em, Bucko....

patmo335 11-21-2012 08:55 AM

LED fog lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Bob (Post 7197494)
Fog lights are designed to throw a "puddle" of light low & close to the front bumper, LEDs are better suited for lights with more "throw", like driving lights. Driving around with fog lights on when it`s not foggy is generally considered to be the domain of 16-year-olds and knuckleheads....

I live in a rural area that is heavly populated with deer. Fog lights help illuminate the shoulder of the road and give you just a little better chance of seeing Bambi. It apears you may not have all the facts, and yes, I drive with my fog lights on, I have not yet hit a deer, and I suppose that either makes me a 64 year old knucklehead or a smarter driver than those you are so quick to judge.

There are LED fog lights available. Look at e92lighting.com or search for cree automotive led lighting and you'll find them.

CALLAWAY845 11-23-2012 12:06 PM

Fastbob provided some insight in his first statement...his second statement has him sounding like a first rate horse's ass. Nice work, bobby.

Fast Bob 11-23-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALLAWAY845 (Post 7210271)
Fastbob provided some insight in his first statement...his second statement has him sounding like a first rate horse's ass. Nice work, bobby.

"First Rate" being the operative phrase here.... :rofl:

(How`s things in Phoenix these days ?)

CALLAWAY845 11-23-2012 03:25 PM

Things are well in Phoenix, thanks for asking.

Travel4Surf 12-28-2012 04:23 PM

This may help....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=666582


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms