Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask-A-Dealer (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Help me understand what discounts I can get (740i) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658441)

trekwars2000 11-15-2012 05:13 PM

Help me understand what discounts I can get (740i)

So we are looking at a lot of different options for a newer BMW. We were looking at the 09 7 series coming off of leases but most are still over 50K. We are throwing around the idea of looking at a new 740.

So when I currently go to build a 7 series online it says there is a M-sport package credit (making it free). Is this available if we buy (not lease) the car? We are USAA members so it looks like we get another 5K off for that. In addition, the holiday sales event looks like it gives us 3.5K off and the loyalty cash for $750 also applies. Is this all true?

Do we get all those discounts after we agree with a dealer on the price of a car or are we only going to get those discounts off of full MSRP?

If the Msport package only applies to a lease can we lease the car and then change it to a purchase right away? We have a car we will be trading in that will net about 17-19K for us (applies to lower overall tax burden in NV on a trade).

petriej 11-16-2012 10:23 AM

Discounts apply after dealer negotiated price, as far as I know.

trekwars2000 11-16-2012 10:50 AM

petreij, looks like that to me too. I found the answer to my USAA 5k discount question. It cannot be combined with the holiday credit or loyality credit.

However, I still have a question if my 1000 USAA discount can be combined with both the HC and LC.

petriej 11-16-2012 11:03 AM

I *think* the $5k USAA (I'm a member too!) is for financing through USAA, thus ineligible to receive Holiday credit and loyalty credit. If you use BMW FS, and thus eligible to use HC & LC, you can get a different USAA credit of ~$1k.

wassy 11-16-2012 11:16 AM

Based on my recent shopping experience, the USAA is stackable with the HC & LC. Car must be new with no more than 1000 miles on it. My guess, depending on your local market, is you can buy or lease the car based on a discount, all in, of $11-12k off MSRP. If you have an iPhone, BMW also has a BMW drive app that you activate while at the dealer, and receive another $700 (I think for the 740i and also the max) toward 1st payment or total cash out of pocket. I already considered that in my guess! That's for a current 2013. Deals are pretty good. Good luck.

trekwars2000 11-16-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wassy (Post 7198586)
Based on my recent shopping experience, the USAA is stackable with the HC & LC. Car must be new with no more than 1000 miles on it. My guess, depending on your local market, is you can buy or lease the car based on a discount, all in, of $11-12k off MSRP. If you have an iPhone, BMW also has a BMW drive app that you activate while at the dealer, and receive another $700 (I think for the 740i and also the max) toward 1st payment or total cash out of pocket. I already considered that in my guess! That's for a current 2013. Deals are pretty good. Good luck.

I thought the BMW drive discount was only for current or recent BMWFS members? We financed our first BMW through USAA and then paid cash for the 2nd.

I see mixed reviews on if the 5K USAA is stackable with the HC/LC but it seems clear that the 1K (financed through BMWFS) USAA is stackabvle with HC/LC.

We are starting to look at the ActiveHybrid5 as well as an alternate if the USAA 5K isn't stackable with the HC/LC. It looks like the AH5 has an EcoCredit of 4.5K (through the end of this month) and HC of 2k. An AH5 optioned out like I want comes out to ~75K MSRP though. We would likely ED the AH5. The invoice for the ED AH5 is 65K (70.7K ED MSRP). Decisions, decisions.

Other than size, does anyone what options/features would I be missing on a loaded AH5 vs 740?

Justin@NCBMW 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekwars2000 (Post 7198611)
I thought the BMW drive discount was only for current or recent BMWFS members? We financed our first BMW through USAA and then paid cash for the 2nd.

I see mixed reviews on if the 5K USAA is stackable with the HC/LC but it seems clear that the 1K (financed through BMWFS) USAA is stackabvle with HC/LC.

We are starting to look at the ActiveHybrid5 as well as an alternate if the USAA 5K isn't stackable with the HC/LC. It looks like the AH5 has an EcoCredit of 4.5K (through the end of this month) and HC of 2k. An AH5 optioned out like I want comes out to ~75K MSRP though. We would likely ED the AH5. The invoice for the ED AH5 is 65K (70.7K ED MSRP). Decisions, decisions.

Other than size, does anyone what options/features would I be missing on a loaded AH5 vs 740?

Non FS funded contracts can use the non FS funded USAA credit - NO HC/LC/BMW APP

FS funded contracts can use the FS funded USAA credit - dollar amount is less - YES HC/LC/BMW APP

I think the confusion is most people do not know there are actually 2 different USAA credits - one intented for FS contracts and one for non FS contracts

trekwars2000 11-16-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW (Post 7198632)
Non FS funded contracts can use the non FS funded USAA credit - NO HC/LC/BMW APP

FS funded contracts can use the FS funded USAA credit - dollar amount is less - YES HC/LC/BMW APP

I think the confusion is most people do not know there are actually 2 different USAA credits - one intented for FS contracts and one for non FS contracts

Justin thanks for the reply. The one intended for BMWFS contracts is a flat 1k (model doesn't matter) and the other goes up to 6k.

Justin@NCBMW 11-16-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekwars2000 (Post 7198636)
Justin thanks for the reply. The one intended for BMWFS contracts is a flat 1k (model doesn't matter) and the other goes up to 6k.

That is correct :thumbup: