Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   1st and last Color thread..Promise (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658454)

Chop362 11-15-2012 06:34 PM

1st and last Color thread..Promise
 
On the brink of submitting my 335is order but color choice has not been decided & since the selection is some what limited how about a suggestion?? In the past have worn the Space and Titanium Silver along with Jet Black now currently in AW..Thanks people.

GarySL 11-15-2012 06:42 PM

A stunning car deserves a stunning color, therefore I vote Le Mans Blue or Crimson Red. g/l

alpinweiss 11-15-2012 06:51 PM

Alpinweiss is elegant, yet sporty. It is also a very practical color in hotter climates (may not apply to CT). Finally, it is one of the few free colors.

:drive:

Nordic_Kat 11-15-2012 07:20 PM

Did you ever narrow down your choice for the interior? That is sometimes the decision maker.

beden1 11-15-2012 07:33 PM

I didn't realize that you could still order a 335is. It's a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it. :thumbup:

We test drove a LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown Dakota Leather interior and it was really spectacular. I have the silver with black interior (silver is easy to maintain), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get this combination.

Chop362 11-15-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 7197721)
I didn't realize that you could still order a 335is. It's a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it. :thumbup:

We test drove a LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown Dakota Leather interior and it was really spectacular. I have the silver with black interior (silver is easy to maintain), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get this combination.

I was just as surprised as yourself and as soon as I found out this great info. and really really good deals going it was an easy choice since i will not purchase an F30(Bad looks not so good drive) Beden often admired yours in titanium and love the easy upkeep and interior options much more flexible.Thanks for the reply:thumbup:

Chop362 11-15-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 7197701)
Did you ever narrow down your choice for the interior? That is sometimes the decision maker.

Hey Kat..If I choose a color such as Crimson or Lemans I will return to the gloom of black interior but if it's Sapphire Black/Titanium/Mineral I could go off my nut and take the Coral Red! Sound crazy??

beden1 11-15-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7197732)
I was just as surprised as yourself and as soon as I found out this great info. and really really good deals going it was an easy choice since i will not purchase an F30(Bad looks not so good drive) Beden often admired yours in titanium and love the easy upkeep and interior options much more flexible.Thanks for the reply:thumbup:

The silver is tough to pass up because it usually looks good without much effort. The blue will need more attention in the form of regular detailing and periodic polishing, but damn, that car did look real good at the dealer. I saw it about a year after I got my car.

Did they change the brown interior color since 2012? The interior brown in the car we drove looked more like a baseball glove brown. The color I just saw on the BMW site looks darker and muddier. It may be just my computer monitor?

Are you going with the 19" wheel option or the standard 18" wheels?

beden1 11-15-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7197737)
Hey Kat..If I choose a color such as Crimson or Lemans I will return to the gloom of black interior but if it's Sapphire Black/Titanium/Mineral I could go off my nut and take the Coral Red! Sound crazy??

The coral red, IMO, is too bright. I love the red interior in our M3 (space grey exterior) but it's more of a brick color. But hey, it's your car and yours to enjoy.

I polished my 335is yesterday and took it for an extended ride. This car is definitely a keeper!

Chop362 11-15-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 7197762)
The coral red, IMO, is too bright. I love the red interior in our M3 (space grey exterior) but it's more of a brick color. But hey, it's your car and yours to enjoy.

I polished my 335is yesterday and took it for an extended ride. This car is definitely a keeper!

Believe me I fear the CR interior as well!! Kind of an alternative but doubtful I'll pull the trigger(Too Bright) The Saddle Brown does look pretty sweet but that's the one I have never seen in the flesh but admired in photo's so we'll see. Honestly I see more M3's up here by a landslide over the "IS" which is appealing..Why?? Going with the 19' 313 style and really like the look better than the standard 18 inchers plus heard the 19's are forged but my C/A is clueless but researching,Any issues with the 19's for you i'm assuming you're driving on the run flats?? Thanks again Beden input really helpful!

Nordic_Kat 11-15-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7197737)
Hey Kat..If I choose a color such as Crimson or Lemans I will return to the gloom of black interior but if it's Sapphire Black/Titanium/Mineral I could go off my nut and take the Coral Red! Sound crazy??

Beden's sugggestion of Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown is really stunning. Had I known in 2009 how beautiful that combination played out, there is a really good chance my current E93 wouldn't be Space Gray.

DSXMachina's E92 is TiAg/Saddle Brown. I've seen it in person and it's a very sharp combination.

If I were leasing (i.e. short term exposure) vs owning (long term exposure) I might jump for the Coral Red interior in a heart beat. As you probably know, Coral Red in person is a very rich pure red. With Black/TiAG/MW it would be truly stunning.

(Let me know if I'm helping here!) ;)

Based on your previous cars, you seem to gravitate to the grayscale for exterior colors i.e. Black - Gray - Silver - White.

Based on your leanings here are the combo's I'd do in no favorite order:

Crimson/Black (Classic - My dad's 1957 356 Porsche in this livery inspired my 1994 Honda Civic Coupe - I drove it for 15 years and never tired of the combination)

Lemans/Saddle Brown Very eye-catching and not very common.

Sapphire Black/Saddle Brown or Sapphire Black/Red Can't go wrong with either, it's just a matter of how much love and attention you want to give that black exterior.

TiAg/Space Gray/MW or AW are a bit more low key and work very well if you like to fly just under the RADAR. Go wild with your interior choice. It's a coupe!

beden1 11-15-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7197793)
Believe me I fear the CR interior as well!! Kind of an alternative but doubtful I'll pull the trigger(Too Bright) The Saddle Brown does look pretty sweet but that's the one I have never seen in the flesh but admired in photo's so we'll see. Honestly I see more M3's up here by a landslide over the "IS" which is appealing..Why?? Going with the 19' 313 style and really like the look better than the standard 18 inchers plus heard the 19's are forged but my C/A is clueless but researching,Any issues with the 19's for you i'm assuming you're driving on the run flats?? Thanks again Beden input really helpful!

Exterior car colors are a real personal choice and usually you're best selecting a color that you know you are going to be comfortable with everyday. Like Kat offered, you may be most comfortable with the silver and black interior like mine for the long run, especially if you are going to buy the car.

I have not had a problem with my 19" wheels and run flats but this is not my daily driver. As long as I keep the tires inflated to what's on the door sticker, the ride is very good and pliable and not what I would call harsh. You will get a bit jarred if you hit a sunken man hole cover or pot hole, and that's when I cringe and hope I didn't crack a wheel (which I have not). It's a tough decision, but my gut would probably feel better with the 18" wheels if it was my daily driver.

I have been noticing several 1 Series BMWs with finished and BMW painted brake calipers. I wish I had these, and I think you can now order these to be installed at the US port of entry facility. These caliper covers would really finish off the look of the wheels that are open on the dedicated 335is wheels.

* If the 19" wheels are forged, then I would go with them for the look.

Chop362 11-15-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 7197822)
Beden's sugggestion of Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown is really stunning. Had I known in 2009 how beautiful that combination played out, there is a really good chance my current E93 wouldn't be Space Gray.

DSXMachina's E92 is TiAg/Saddle Brown. I've seen it in person and it's a very sharp combination.

If I were leasing (i.e. short term exposure) vs owning (long term exposure) I might jump for the Coral Red interior in a heart beat. As you probably know, Coral Red in person is a very rich pure red. With Black/TiAG/MW it would be truly stunning.

(Let me know if I'm helping here!) ;)

Based on your previous cars, you seem to gravitate to the grayscale for exterior colors i.e. Black - Gray - Silver - White.

Based on your leanings here are the combo's I'd do in no favorite order:

Crimson/Black (Classic - My dad's 1957 356 Porsche in this livery inspired my 1994 Honda Civic Coupe - I drove it for 15 years and never tired of the combination)

Lemans/Saddle Brown Very eye-catching and not very common.

Sapphire Black/Saddle Brown or Sapphire Black/Red Can't go wrong with either, it's just a matter of how much love and attention you want to give that black exterior.

TiAg/Space Gray/MW or AW are a bit more low key and work very well if you like to fly just under the RADAR. Go wild with your interior choice. It's a coupe!

Kat it's now official...My mind is mush! So you noticed I gravitate to the easily maintained but my late teens and early 20's were consumed with black cars and it really wore me out I mean who the heck has that much spare time??Witnessed a Black 335is unsure of interior but have to admit it floored me (That good) So i have till mid December to place the order and want to get it right with no regrets.Thanks for all the suggestions and adding to my confusion LOL...Take care!

BruinsBMW 11-15-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 7197721)
We test drove a LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown Dakota Leather interior and it was really spectacular. I have the silver with black interior (silver is easy to maintain), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get this combination.

+1 on the LeMans Blue/Saddle. Gotten a lot of compliments on my color combo.

PartyBoyWA 11-15-2012 09:47 PM

One thing I don't get about many E9X interiors is that you can select an interior and then BMW will slap in some headliner and trim for the pillars that in no way matches the leather/carpeting. I know there's a lot of folks out there with this combination and I mean no offense. Hey, nobody put a gun to anyone's head when purchasing/leasing. Right?

For instance, independent of exterior color, I think Saddle Brown looks great. But all the examples I've seen have a grey headliner and pillars. To me, it all starts to get cluttered with say... Saddle Brown, Grey Headliner and Pillars, Titanium Inserts, Black Dash.

That's one of the reasons we went with Beige/Walnut. Everything in the car matches. Very organic looking.

But let's complicate the matter... What about door, dash and console inserts?

My vote, FWIW, Red/Coral/Carbon Fiber. You only live once!:bigpimp:

beden1 11-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsBMW (Post 7197879)
+1 on the LeMans Blue/Saddle. Gotten a lot of compliments on my color combo.

That's a sharp combination. The interior color from your picture looks like what I remembered in person. It looks more like brown baseball glove leather, doesn't it?

gcreese 11-16-2012 03:13 AM

In pothole heaven (New England and New York) I'd go with 18" wheels. You run too much risk of tire and wheel damage with19" wheels. The greater the sidewall, the less risk. If you still prefer the look of 19" wheels, buy the tire insurance.

twhisten 11-16-2012 05:31 AM

I, too< have the lemans and saddle, everybody loves the combo.......the saddle pops off the blue.......

Bill-SD 11-16-2012 06:15 AM

You can't go wrong with any of these suggestions. If it were me I'd go AW/Saddle. I've never had a white car and it looks sharp on the E92. Plus after have a dark car for sevelal years, easier upkeep woul be nice :) Since you currently have AW you probably want something different for a change. My choice 2 would be LeMans. Another sharp color! I really like the saddle interior though, and would get that again without a second thought. After 5 years I still love the color.

Good luck with the new car!!

gpburdell 11-16-2012 06:30 AM

LeMans + Saddle would be sharp, but I'm very happy with my LeMans/CoralRed.

Chop362 11-16-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-SD (Post 7198104)
You can't go wrong with any of these suggestions. If it were me I'd go AW/Saddle. I've never had a white car and it looks sharp on the E92. Plus after have a dark car for sevelal years, easier upkeep woul be nice :) Since you currently have AW you probably want something different for a change. My choice 2 would be LeMans. Another sharp color! I really like the saddle interior though, and would get that again without a second thought. After 5 years I still love the color.

Good luck with the new car!!

Trust me i'm spoiled by the lighter colors and the minimum upkeep which was the reason for my previous choices and current ride...I admire some of the darker colors such as the Lemans/Sapphire but do I really need to slave again??Maybe when all is said and done I'll return to my practical side,LOL.Maybe Mineral White?? Thanks for the response

Chop362 11-16-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcreese (Post 7197990)
In pothole heaven (New England and New York) I'd go with 18" wheels. You run too much risk of tire and wheel damage with19" wheels. The greater the sidewall, the less risk. If you still prefer the look of 19" wheels, buy the tire insurance.

This is what i fear..A bent/cracked rim!! Hear ya on the roads up here but the 19's look that much better and regretted passing them up last time around but believe the 313's are forged which kind of encourages me but nothing bullet proof on the N.East roads as you well know...Thanks:thumbup:

chris328 11-16-2012 09:56 AM

lemans /oyster if u are 1337


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms