Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Individual Trim (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658597)

MelloF30 11-16-2012 02:50 PM

Individual Trim

Hi all! I am new here and just got my new 2013 328i x-drive sportline jet black. I was hoping someone knew how to acquire the trim pieces from the individual packages? Thanks for any help :)

Jamesonsviggen 11-16-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7198917)
Hi all! I am new here and just got my new 2013 328i x-drive sportline jet black. I was hoping someone knew how to acquire the trim pieces from the individual packages? Thanks for any help :)

Interior or exterior?

I am looking to trade my walnut wood over silver trim to someone with black over silver strip or aluminum with the black strip.

MelloF30 11-16-2012 02:59 PM

Interior trim, I too was looking at the piano gloss black over the gloss pearl chrome strip....I have aluminum with black strip

Jamesonsviggen 11-16-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7198927)
Interior trim, I too was looking at the piano gloss black over the gloss pearl chrome strip....I have aluminum with black strip

I would take your trim-it's the one I have been wanting, but sounds like you don't want the walnut trim. :bawling:

MelloF30 11-16-2012 03:31 PM

lol Sorry bud I want to keep my trim, but I would like to buy the other trim too to see how it would look, anyone out there know if this is possible?

Jamesonsviggen 11-16-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7198979)
lol Sorry bud I want to keep my trim, but I would like to buy the other trim too to see how it would look, anyone out there know if this is possible?

I know of a new black on red stripe for sale.

sr5959 11-16-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen (Post 7198918)
Interior or exterior?

I am looking to trade my walnut wood over silver trim to someone with black over silver strip or aluminum with the black strip.

I might be interested in buying your walnut trim if you decide to sell it. Is it pretty easy to replace?

Jamesonsviggen 11-16-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr5959 (Post 7199079)
I might be interested in buying your walnut trim if you decide to sell it. Is it pretty easy to replace?

Yes.

But not interested in selling, only one for one swaps.

Zeichen311 11-16-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7198917)

To order BMW Individual trim parts you need to provide the VIN of a BMW Individual car.

MelloF30 11-17-2012 07:37 PM

That sounds odd, if we knew someone in europe that could order it for one of us then i suppose that may work, no?

Zeichen311 11-19-2012 08:54 PM

No. It's a matter of exclusivity not geography. Even with a VIN you can only order replacements for the trim on that car, not an arbitrary Individual trim style. I have heard they will reject orders for complete trim sets unless accompanied by proof of loss (e.g., a police report), though I can't confirm that. The restriction is imposed by BMW M/BMW AG, not the dealers.

MelloF30 11-20-2012 04:09 AM

I def see the point in that, but if you are an individual customer that means you spent a lot of money, therefore if your trim is scatched I bet they would send you a replacement part.....really all i am looking for is the the two pieces on the dash, I will keep asking around and see what I find out. Thanks for the input!....anyone in the US have an individual car to confirm this...or help me out :) Thanks guys n gals

55 11-20-2012 05:58 AM

I've purchased a complete set of individual trim from e-bay seller (the name is Rover or similar) 2-3 years ago. He actually ordered it for me from Europe. It was expensive, but much better than from our dealer. And the dealer didn't even want to order it for me.
Each peace has an individual part number at the back if I remember correctly, so must be the way to order it.

vern 11-20-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7198927)

Did you try to remove the trim that your trying to replace?
Cheers
vern

MelloF30 11-20-2012 01:41 PM

Vern,

Removing the trim is relatively easy, there is a thread on it, i want to buy another set of individual trim, and i know it will be 500 bucks or so, i guess i need someone with access to it in order to buy it?

MelloF30 11-20-2012 03:01 PM

Hey all,
I just got off the phone with Bavarian Autoparts and they say as long as I have a part number they can order any part, so I think I will be good to go and pull the trigger on ordering the trim, I will let you all know how I make out:)

vern 11-20-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7205525)
Vern,

Removing the trim is relatively easy, there is a thread on it, i want to buy another set of individual trim, and i know it will be 500 bucks or so, i guess i need someone with access to it in order to buy it?

To the best of my knowledge the trim that you are discribing is placed onto the dash board throught locating holes and fused in the back. It is not held in place by clips only by the fusing to keep it in place. Good luck
cheers
vern

Zeichen311 11-20-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7204621)
Thanks for the input!....anyone in the US have an individual car to confirm this....

I guess you either cannot see or have ignored my signature? :dunno: I have an Individual 335xi and I am in the US.

Of course I can order replacement parts for any damaged trim on my car. I didn't say the parts can't be ordered at all. You simply need to provide the VIN of the car with the order. If the Vehicle Inquiry Report for the VIN does not identify it as having that Individual equipment, the order is supposed to be rejected. The exact part number alone is not enough; certain Individual parts are ordered by part # + VIN.

Note the "supposed to" above. There is always the possibility of tracking down someone selling take-off parts or someone who manages to circumvent the rules. However if everyone is doing their job, AFAIK you'll be stonewalled.

MelloF30 11-20-2012 08:53 PM

Yes I can see that you have a 2011 individual but things change so maybe they will be able to order it, I did not doubt you, thats why I said I will let you guys know how I fair since they may find out that you need a vin number for 2013's. If thats the case then I guess ill have to wait because I do not believe you could order F30 individual in US until a couple of weeks ago so who knows I will give it a shot and maybe I will get lucky or someone from Europe can hook me up:)

Zeichen311 11-20-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7206311)
Yes I can see that you have a 2011 individual but things change so maybe they will be able to order it, I did not doubt you, ...

Gotcha ... some people post mainly from phones or browse with signatures turned off; I misunderstood you & thought you missed it.

I did some digging in the parts catalog at RealOEM.com; if the catalog and my interpretation are correct, the interior trim pieces might not be subject to the VIN restriction. That seems to apply mostly to upholstered parts (seats, door panels, floor mats, etc.). Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky...one thing for sure, if it happens at all it'll cost ya. (Individual trims on the E90 were an ~$1100 option.)

MelloF30 11-21-2012 06:53 PM

Yeah i assumed thats what you meant lol, i dont assume people are rude, so I picked up my car yesterday with the brushed aluminum and gloss black trim and im usually picky so thats why I wanted to jump all over another trim because i did not think it would look right. I must say this combo looks amazing and i dont think i could part with it lol, so im going to forget my endevour bit for others interested in trim Bavarian Autosports claims they can order any with just a part number, they are out of New Hampshire, US of course. Thanks all for your input :)

vern 11-22-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelloF30 (Post 7208048)
Yeah i assumed thats what you meant lol, i dont assume people are rude, so I picked up my car yesterday with the brushed aluminum and gloss black trim and im usually picky so thats why I wanted to jump all over another trim because i did not think it would look right. I must say this combo looks amazing and i dont think i could part with it lol, so im going to forget my endevour bit for others interested in trim Bavarian Autosports claims they can order any with just a part number, they are out of New Hampshire, US of course. Thanks all for your input :)

Thats the trim I have IMO it looks great. The only problem I find at times is the sun reflection from the aluminum trim on the windshield and nav screen. Good luck,enjoy
cheers
vern