Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   335i problem with JB4 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658660)

sptt144 11-17-2012 12:44 AM

335i problem with JB4

Drove home tonight late from work. Nobody on the freeway. Cruising at 80mph, JB4 set to 2/5. Came up on two long strips of freeway and I floored the accelerator both times and quickly got up to 120 MPH + (don't hammer me please, there was nobody on the road) and could barely tell the difference from 80mph. Radio was blasting some good classic rock. Got home and didn't want to get out of the car. What a performance machine! Depressed because we have no autobahn here. :thumbdwn: Going to work late more often now so I don't have to fight traffic and enjoy this fine piece of engineering and what it iwas designed for. Anyone else have this problem? :thumbup:

CALWATERBOY 11-17-2012 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sptt144 (Post 7199506)
Drove home tonight late from work. Nobody on the freeway. Cruising at 80mph, JB4 set to 2/5. Came up on two long strips of freeway and I floored the accelerator both times and quickly got up to 120 MPH + (don't hammer me please, there was nobody on the road) and could barely tell the difference from 80mph. Radio was blasting some good classic rock. Got home and didn't want to get out of the car. What a performance machine! Depressed because we have no autobahn here. :thumbdwn: Going to work late more often now so I don't have to fight traffic and enjoy this fine piece of engineering and what it iwas designed for. Anyone else have this problem? :thumbup:

This is a recurring issue primarily among N54 owners. 328i pilots are aware of it, M3 drivers are embarrassed by it, but those with a 335i must live with the reality of this additive behavior.

When one is 'Juiced,' euphoric sensation permeates the entire driving experience. It imbues a new, sparkling feeling at a standing start and enables surprisingly rapid trips to 80 mph, often unintentional as one reaches high velocity before that seems possible.

'Juicebox' abuse is often manifested as odd behavior....a lack of inhibition....unusual feelings of good will and personal power....a profound and lasting change of mood.

Whether in use or not, this threat to natural order is difficult to detect. Though clearly modified in behavior, there may be no other change in appearance or verifiable history.

Often, however, there are physiological changes seen by looking deep within. Keep an eye out for aftermarket coilovers, M parts, and mechanical limited slip differentials, all too often collateral to 'Juicing.'

Attachment 349828

3ismagic# 11-17-2012 06:26 AM

It's even worse for those of us who did ED and actually got to experience our bimmers in their natural habitat.

It's a bummer going back to driving on sh!tty American roads surrounded by morons who can't drive.

andrew b 11-17-2012 09:02 AM

A collateral problem is withdrawl, frequently experienced when the exhiliation-inducing measure must be remioved when transporting the car for service by an authorized BMW dealer. It is frightening how quickly one realizes the true significance of the addition, and how much it is missed when not present...

sptt144 11-17-2012 11:59 PM

Tell me about it. 6 weeks after I got it my knucklehead neighbor (God Bless her) backed into my car. It was in the shop for 5 weeks!!! Just the bumper and trunk were damaged but they tore the whole car apart to make sure it was repaired like brand new and charged the insurance company $12,000!!! I was having serious withdrawls the whoole time and testing my true patience. I just kept telling myself, "you're not putting miles on it." Now, I have it back, JB4 and wheel spacers installed with fenders rolled. It's a smooth beast. I can't help but find excuses to go "run to the store", or do my wife's errands so I can drive it. Sickening is it not? I also stare out the window at it...:tsk: