Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   So long guys (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658916)

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 01:47 PM

So long guys
 
1 Attachment(s)
So I sold my 05 745LI I'm so happy it was on its last leg.. It started to burn blue smoke engine knocking and I think the wheep hole was starting...so I traded her in and picked up a 06 range rover sport supercharged and I'm loving it.... The 7 is a really nice car and I have to say I miss all the options it has that u can't find in any other car but I'm glad I got rid off it wayyyyyyyyyy to much problems and I owned 2 of them... Worst cars made... Anyhow here's some pics of my new baby...:thumbup::rofl:

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More pics

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics

Suri [TBR] 11-18-2012 01:58 PM

Congrats on the purchase man. Sorry to hear that your 7 had so many problems :( not to be a downer but you do know that Range Rovers are notorious for being very unreliable as well right?

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] (Post 7201735)
Congrats on the purchase man. Sorry to hear that your 7 had so many problems :( not to be a downer but you do know that Range Rovers are notorious for being very unreliable as well right?

There way way more reliable than the 7 bro that's for sure..... I think anything in the world is more responsible the 7 series lol:rofl::D:rofl:

hmarcus 11-18-2012 02:22 PM

I have an range now along with an 7 that I just got ,have to say the 7 is far the better vehicle. After my range got to 100,000 miles it started falling apart.The coolant system is trouble and the frame started to rust.

Mark Twain

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmarcus (Post 7201771)
I have an range now along with an 7 that I just got ,have to say the 7 is far the better vehicle. After my range got to 100,000 miles it started falling apart.The coolant system is trouble and the frame started to rust.

Mark Twain

You must not have taken care of the car bro....as for your 7 I see you have 02 lol... No problems lmfao.... Bro you better save your money cause there going to come and fast... By the way you range must be mad old.... And mileage is no where near that

DriftGirl 11-18-2012 02:50 PM

That Range Rover looks sexxay!

ish 11-18-2012 04:11 PM

I have an 05 Range Rover that I've owned since new and it has been such an awesome truck I love it to death. 71k on it now and it looks great runs great and still turns heads!

Good luck with your RR Sport!

mrbmwx5 11-18-2012 05:58 PM

You just moved from one money pit to another...

slemmer 11-18-2012 06:10 PM

My '00 e38 Sport has been great. Other than the expansion tank, and level sensor switch mine has been flawless.

Mr.Class 11-18-2012 06:55 PM

Thank you Driftgirl and thank you Ish ......And no bro your the one in the money pit lol.. There a reason why a 100,000$ + car is worth shi.... Now.... I had a hell of a time selling my first one and almost got stuck with my second that was about to die....and by the way I got warranty for 2 years my friend so I'm not worried at all....:rofl::rofl:... I loved my 02 & my 05 745LI but not the crap I had to deal with everyday...:mad::bigpimp::bigpimp::bigpimp:

sirstopher 11-18-2012 08:57 PM

I have to agree with Mr.Class. I have dumped 6g in my first year of 7 ownership. I had a e38 and wish i would have just kept it.

I just bought my wife a cx9 Mazda and its just a good feeling getting behind the wheel and not dreading what repair might come next.

I love the 7 but what a mess. I am also looking right now for another car to get into. Anyone have any suggestions?

pmpn8ez 11-18-2012 09:44 PM

Doesn't Ford make Range Rovers now?

NoI4plz 11-18-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmpn8ez (Post 7202413)
Doesn't Ford make Range Rovers now?

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhh

-Jermey the ape Clarkson

Jaguar and LR are owned by parent company Tata motors (india)

1bad540 11-19-2012 05:46 AM

rr is a nice truck. I sold my 745 almost 4 yrs ago w 40k miles, The 750 is a better car.

wilk187 11-19-2012 07:36 AM

i don't comment on other folks post-bmw purchases, but i must admit i laughed out loud when i saw you were trading a 7 for a Range Rover sport. those are one of the most unreliable vehicles on earth..that is not my opinion btw, that is per consumer reports or any other reputable warranty review company. That being said i love the new body RR sport. I've had an e38 (2001) and e65 (2006), and neither of them have broken down once. of course i do a ton of preventative maintenance in my garage to keep it that way. The 7-series is hit or miss.. you either get a gem or a lemon--no way to know until you take it home.

Good luck with the Range, hope it works out better than your 7!

cmpcpro 11-19-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilk187 (Post 7202812)
i don't comment on other folks post-bmw purchases, but i must admit i laughed out loud when i saw you were trading a 7 for a Range Rover sport. those are one of the most unreliable vehicles on earth..that is not my opinion btw, that is per consumer reports or any other reputable warranty review company. That being said i love the new body RR sport. I've had an e38 (2001) and e65 (2006), and neither of them have broken down once. of course i do a ton of preventative maintenance in my garage to keep it that way. The 7-series is hit or miss.. you either get a gem or a lemon--no way to know until you take it home.

Good luck with the Range, hope it works out better than your 7!

I know I had to do the same thing.. I just bought my 7 and I am still scared, and considering putting it back up online, but I think I'll stick it out for now as I can do most the work myself.. but the RR's are known to have issues.. and arent the same crap tranny in our cars in many of the RR's?

dolfan13 11-19-2012 10:01 AM

Jag engine maybe not any better.

TXSTYLE 11-19-2012 11:40 AM

Good Luck with and congrats on the replacement.

I have NOT owned a RR personally, but I echo what is being said here re: reliability issues of both vehicles. Hopefully you got a solid one.

~ Big Marcus

ish 11-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmpn8ez (Post 7202413)
Doesn't Ford make Range Rovers now?

Jag and Rover are owned by Tata

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE (Post 7203361)
Good Luck with and congrats on the replacement.

I have NOT owned a RR personally, but I echo what is being said here re: reliability issues of both vehicles. Hopefully you got a solid one.

~ Big Marcus

The current Range Rover was designed and engineered by ................ B M W !
As a matter of fact the reason I bought an 05 new instead of waiting for an 06 Was because it was the last year with the BMW engine. Many many parts even say BMW on the parts.

My 05 has been such a sweet ride, I don't wanna part with it........but I love the new design!

ish 11-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmpn8ez (Post 7202413)
Doesn't Ford make Range Rovers now?

Jag and Rover are owned by Tata Motors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Motors

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE (Post 7203361)
Good Luck with and congrats on the replacement.

I have NOT owned a RR personally, but I echo what is being said here re: reliability issues of both vehicles. Hopefully you got a solid one.

~ Big Marcus

The current Range Rover was designed and engineered by ................ B M W !
As a matter of fact the reason I bought an 05 new instead of waiting for an 06 Was because it was the last year with the BMW engine. Many many parts even say BMW on the parts.

My 05 has been such a sweet ride, I don't wanna part with it........but I love the new design!

Rookie2008 11-29-2012 06:31 PM

1st off congrats on the new purchase. I agree with everyone on this one the RR is not any more reliable than the 7 from what I hear. Keep us posted though an enjoy.

ang2fresh 11-30-2012 05:26 AM

I currently have both cars and I must say I enjoy my RR slightly more, however you really can't compare a truck and a car because of the different options/features in both.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms