Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Newbie from FL-Engine shaking (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659098)

amccaw 11-19-2012 11:28 AM

Newbie from FL-Engine shaking
 
Hello Bimmer crew. I heard about this site from a friend and it seems really cool and informative. I was at a stop light this morning when I heard the engine vibrating with a whoom whoom whoom sound. I parked and opened the bonnet and I saw it shaking somewhat violently. I turned it off and then restarted and the vibration was gone. My friend thinks it may be the vacuum hoses. It is a 2007 328I (E90?) I plan on taking it in after work today.....any ideas anyone? Thanks :eeps:

Alex

fun2drive 11-19-2012 05:58 PM

Vacuum hoses don't magically repair themself so I would guess you have another issue. If you don't have a Check Engine Light (CEL) you might wish to wait for this to happen again until a code is thrown. Hard for any good tech to fix something that doesn't show evidence of a fault...

CALWATERBOY 11-20-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amccaw (Post 7203208)
Hello Bimmer crew. I heard about this site from a friend and it seems really cool and informative. I was at a stop light this morning when I heard the engine vibrating with a whoom whoom whoom sound. I parked and opened the bonnet and I saw it shaking somewhat violently. I turned it off and then restarted and the vibration was gone. My friend thinks it may be the vacuum hoses. It is a 2007 328I (E90?) I plan on taking it in after work today.....any ideas anyone? Thanks :eeps:


I think: First thing you should get an OBD II scanner capable of BMW proprietary codes and see what's happening.

Usually unvaluable,

.

amccaw 11-20-2012 06:45 PM

Thanks mate. I took it in and am awaiting the scan results.

amccaw 11-20-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2drive (Post 7203954)
Vacuum hoses don't magically repair themself so I would guess you have another issue. If you don't have a Check Engine Light (CEL) you might wish to wait for this to happen again until a code is thrown. Hard for any good tech to fix something that doesn't show evidence of a fault...

Thanks "Fun2drive" . I will look out for it, in the meantime I took it in.

CALWATERBOY 11-20-2012 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY (Post 7205468)
I think: First thing you should get an OBD II scanner capable of BMW proprietary codes and see what's happening.

Usually unvaluable,


Did I write this?

Invaluable! I meant Invaluable! Need....coffee....

Attachment 350307


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms