Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   New iPod dock & interior goodies (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659153)

njcardave 11-19-2012 04:28 PM

New iPod dock & interior goodies
 
4 Attachment(s)
Thought I would post some of the updates to my 1999 528i. The iDeck is the easiest way to play my iPod through my factory radio with a cassette deck. It sounds OK for now for only $40. The armrest with storage is a must have and the gauge rings add some bling to my low milage ride.

the540wgn 11-19-2012 04:53 PM

I don't know if it is just the picture, but your gauge rings look like you made them out of tin foil.

njcardave 11-19-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the540wgn (Post 7203838)
I don't know if it is just the picture, but your gauge rings look like you made them out of tin foil.

Tin foil??? :dunno:

the540wgn 11-19-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcardave (Post 7203892)
Tin foil??? :dunno:

Ah my bad,
I think my eyes were messing with me or the picture is distorted.
(sorry If I sounded like a d*ck)

Where did you get the armrest console? I've been scouring ebay..

njcardave 11-19-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the540wgn (Post 7203907)
Ah my bad,
I think my eyes were messing with me or the picture is distorted.
(sorry If I sounded like a d*ck)

Where did you get the armrest console? I've been scouring ebay..

No offense taken. The arm rest is a quick replacement. 20 minutes tops. www.eagleday.com $196.94 shipped








BMW E39 Arm Rest / Center Console Cover
Leatherette. Choice of colors. Genuine BMW part. Fits all E39 525i, 528i, 530i.
Kit includes parts #1, 2, 3 and 4

Click on image to enlarge.



BMW-5116819693XRegular price: $206.82Sale price: $179.95
Select Color:

tmvE39/E53/Z32 11-20-2012 07:21 AM

Nice little mods.

scott740il 11-20-2012 07:25 AM

next time I am at the mall, the idock is what I need. love the armrest!

xxpanipuri 11-20-2012 11:25 AM

nice but damn only 30k miles! thats awesome!

Nline6 11-20-2012 02:01 PM

What is the Idock compared to a basic cassette adapter? I paid 9.88 for my Philips brand adapter and it works good. I would rather have cd quality then tape anyways.. Is it just a cassette cartridge with a docking port?

njcardave 11-20-2012 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nline6 (Post 7205463)
What is the Idock compared to a basic cassette adapter? I paid 9.88 for my Philips brand adapter and it works good. I would rather have cd quality then tape anyways.. Is it just a cassette cartridge with a docking port?

You are correct. The iDock is a cassette cartridge with a docking port. It also comes with a cord to let you charge the iPod. I like having my iPod mounted up high. As I mentioned on my original post, it sounds OK for a $40 investment. I spend my money on my home system.

Nline6 11-20-2012 10:14 PM

Nice, looks good. I never have seen that before. And wow, nice set up!

njcardave 11-21-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nline6 (Post 7206331)
Nice, looks good. I never have seen that before. And wow, nice set up!

Thanks.:thumbup: I would like to see a close-up of your wagons tail pipe. Did you cut out the bumper?

thrilos81 11-26-2012 02:09 AM

interested in the rings. how much?

njcardave 11-26-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrilos81 (Post 7214374)
interested in the rings. how much?

Just go on ebay.

Rings for BMW E38 E39 E53 (5, 7 series and X5) instrument cluster
From China Returns: Accepted within 14 days
Buy It Now
$20.00
Time left:Time left:26d 23h 4m

matt540 11-26-2012 07:11 PM

Like the idock. Looks a lot better this having all that extra wire hanging around.

seanlinnn 11-29-2012 12:16 AM

Wow terrific dude. If there is one thing that the E39 is lacking majorly, it is utility. IMO the utility of the E39 downright sucks compared to a 2005 camry or something. Great job overcoming that problem :D now all you need is "The Tec Cupholder" to fill up the small useless box space on the center console and you'll be set!

DennisCooper! 11-29-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinnn (Post 7220501)
Wow terrific dude. If there is one thing that the E39 is lacking majorly, it is utility. IMO the utility of the E39 downright sucks compared to a 2005 camry or something. Great job overcoming that problem :D now all you need is "The Tec Cupholder" to fill up the small useless box space on the center console and you'll be set!

In the legendary and many threads about carrying stuff, especially cups of coffee that have been a part of E39 and forums, you'll see many saying that if you *REALLY* need to carry coffee/tea/drinks/other crap in the cabin, to go and buy a beater or commuter type car and leave the BMW for enjoying driving!

When you're enjoying driving, you don't need coffee, the car provides the rush! :)

Cheers, Dennis!

ERB528i 11-29-2012 06:38 PM

where did you buy the idock?

njcardave 11-29-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERB528i (Post 7222112)
where did you buy the idock?

Amazon.com


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms