Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Upgraded my Angel Eyes.... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659256)

dali 11-20-2012 05:06 AM

Upgraded my Angel Eyes....
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I upgraded my angel eyes yesterday on my 2009 X6 5.0 with the upgrade Led Cree bulbs from ijdmtoy. And even though its nicer than the stock, i am not happy....not bright enough.

I will be returning them and I am either going to install the bulb from LUX or go for xenon kit from Alpine.

sharpgator 11-22-2012 06:49 AM

I did the same thing on both my former X5 and my current X6. That outer ring is just not bright enough. I finally settled on LUX and am very happy. LUX is very much bright enough (you can see your reflection in the paint of the car in front of you in broad daylight). The LUX color is just a bit whiter than the color of the BMW Xenon lights.

I have no experience with Alpine.

dali 11-23-2012 09:27 AM

Thanks a lot, i will give them a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpgator (Post 7208619)
I did the same thing on both my former X5 and my current X6. That outer ring is just not bright enough. I finally settled on LUX and am very happy. LUX is very much bright enough (you can see your reflection in the paint of the car in front of you in broad daylight). The LUX color is just a bit whiter than the color of the BMW Xenon lights.

I have no experience with Alpine.


PapaB 11-23-2012 12:50 PM

I have LUX in the X6 and 135i. Wouldn't change it for anything. Good luck.

dali 11-23-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaB (Post 7210326)
I have LUX in the X6 and 135i. Wouldn't change it for anything. Good luck.

They are finally available again. I just placed the order for LUX, thanks everyone!

amandeep550 01-21-2013 02:51 AM

I GOT BMW X6 2012 BUT WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE YELLOW HALO HEADLIGHTS.
I WANT WHITE HALO LIGHTS FOR MY CAR. COULD ANYONE SUGGEST FROM WHERE I CAN ORDER THE WHITE HALO RINGS LIGHT,
I GO THROUGH SOME ONLINE WEB SITE COULD ANY ONE TELL WHIC ONE IS BEST SO THAT I CAN ORDER
http://xenonhid4u.co.uk/brightest-20...non-white.html
http://luxangeleyes.com
OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE.
THANKS

PapaB 01-24-2013 06:34 AM

Go with Lux. They are a bit pricey but 100% worth it. You can order through Lux one at Bimmian.com. Good luck.

spacegreyx6 02-13-2013 05:41 PM

which bulbs did you buy from ijdm? the 20W or 10W cree led's?

jay127 03-06-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandeep550 (Post 7326983)
I GOT BMW X6 2012 BUT WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE YELLOW HALO HEADLIGHTS.
I WANT WHITE HALO LIGHTS FOR MY CAR. COULD ANYONE SUGGEST FROM WHERE I CAN ORDER THE WHITE HALO RINGS LIGHT,
I GO THROUGH SOME ONLINE WEB SITE COULD ANY ONE TELL WHIC ONE IS BEST SO THAT I CAN ORDER
http://xenonhid4u.co.uk/brightest-20...non-white.html
http://luxangeleyes.com
OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE.
THANKS

LUX are outdated now IMO, their's much better ones now, went through loads and nothing's as bright as the ones below

http://xenonhid4u.co.uk/32w-bmw-h8-a...ngel-eyes.html

Pics of them on the car

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3116606&type=3

E92-Lighting 09-18-2013 05:13 PM

DTEC V7 angel eyes are the brightest in the world, here are some sample shots

http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/brightest1.jpg
http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/brightest2.jpg
http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/brightest3.jpg
http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/pwnedpage001.jpg
http://www.e92-lighting.com/images/lala.jpg

Tb750 09-27-2013 12:09 AM

Any for f02?

sc80877520 10-15-2013 10:01 PM

i just replace my with the H8 32Watts LED***65292;just cost me about 50USD. maybe thats the pro while u r in china

E92-Lighting 10-28-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tb750 (Post 7861379)
Any for f02?

we have the MTEC V3's for the F01/F02 led CREE angel eyes :thumbup:

AskylitDrive 11-20-2013 11:25 PM

So you guys have the bulb for the 2012 x6 that makes the stock yellow rings turn to white or blue? I was just on the e92 lighting sight, but confused on which one is for the 2012 x6.

HPIA4v2 11-21-2013 06:21 AM

Here's my understanding:
Both the latest Mtec and DTEC uses 8-LEDs in a bulb, while DTEC decided to use all white LEDs configuration MTEC put 4-white and 4-blue in a single bulb.
Then MTEC added biasing circuit to make white brither or blue brigther so you get color adjustment(but less light output at the end).

IMHO, go with DTEC, once you install it it's rather hard to go back and adjust the biasing switch to change color. I cut my hands (little cut) here and there putting my DTEC into my X6 last night. Other BMW maybe even tighter.

FYI, I didn't pay $199 for DTEC, other vendor runs a special $120 shipped for a set.

AskylitDrive 11-21-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 (Post 7970121)
Here's my understanding:
Both the latest Mtec and DTEC uses 8-LEDs in a bulb, while DTEC decided to use all white LEDs configuration MTEC put 4-white and 4-blue in a single bulb.
Then MTEC added biasing circuit to make white brither or blue brigther so you get color adjustment(but less light output at the end).

IMHO, go with DTEC, once you install it it's rather hard to go back and adjust the biasing switch to change color. I cut my hands (little cut) here and there putting my DTEC into my X6 last night. Other BMW maybe even tighter.

FYI, I didn't pay $199 for DTEC, other vendor runs a special $120 shipped for a set.

O ya? Where did you order them? Nd you know if they are high quality? Cause some post ove read say some bulbs dont last that long. Thanks

HPIA4v2 11-22-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskylitDrive (Post 7971695)
O ya? Where did you order them? Nd you know if they are high quality? Cause some post ove read say some bulbs dont last that long. Thanks

I got mine from Umnitza, I know I know, they have mix reputation but I got mine the next day after I ordered them, but they use USPS so no tracking for this special.

I look at the build quality, they are very good and as far as I can tell the LED chips are really Cree (I use magnifying glass and compare it to data-sheet in terms of dimension etc).
They are brigther than my older 4-LED bulbs and at that price I am willing to try, not at $199 + S/H

I have a feeling they can go lower next year in price.

AskylitDrive 11-22-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 (Post 7971923)
I got mine from Umnitza, I know I know, they have mix reputation but I got mine the next day after I ordered them, but they use USPS so no tracking for this special.

I look at the build quality, they are very good and as far as I can tell the LED chips are really Cree (I use magnifying glass and compare it to data-sheet in terms of dimension etc).
They are brigther than my older 4-LED bulbs and at that price I am willing to try, not at $199 + S/H

I have a feeling they can go lower next year in price.

Alright cool thanks! :thumbup:
But one last thing. My X6 came with Xenons. The middle bulb is white, but the rings are yellow. So if i were to order the Dtec's, will it work by just switching bulbs? Or does it have to be retrofitted or something? Thanks again!

E92-Lighting 11-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskylitDrive (Post 7973363)
Alright cool thanks! :thumbup:
But one last thing. My X6 came with Xenons. The middle bulb is white, but the rings are yellow. So if i were to order the Dtec's, will it work by just switching bulbs? Or does it have to be retrofitted or something? Thanks again!

they are 100% plug in and plug out, so you can revert back to OEM at anytime :thumbup:

HPIA4v2 11-24-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskylitDrive (Post 7973363)
Alright cool thanks! :thumbup:
But one last thing. My X6 came with Xenons. The middle bulb is white, but the rings are yellow. So if i were to order the Dtec's, will it work by just switching bulbs? Or does it have to be retrofitted or something? Thanks again!

Like E92-lighting says.

BTW, the inner ring will be very bright in white, but don't be alarmed the outer ring will be dimmer white in color though.
one of the cheapest and best value upgrade, no doubt.

AskylitDrive 11-27-2013 05:10 AM

Upgraded my Angel Eyes....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting (Post 7974407)
they are 100% plug in and plug out, so you can revert back to OEM at anytime :thumbup:

Hey I still can't find the lights on your site for the x6, I want to check them out. Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

AskylitDrive 11-27-2013 05:12 AM

Upgraded my Angel Eyes....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 (Post 7976048)
Like E92-lighting says.

BTW, the inner ring will be very bright in white, but don't be alarmed the outer ring will be dimmer white in color though.
one of the cheapest and best value upgrade, no doubt.

Alright thanks for the reply! I'm gonna get some new lights soon! When i do I'll post a few pics up to show you


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

E92-Lighting 11-29-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskylitDrive (Post 7980892)
Hey I still can't find the lights on your site for the x6, I want to check them out. Thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

http://www.e92-lighting.com/bmw-ange...l-eyes-v7-64w/

E92-Lighting 12-05-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting (Post 7984741)

we also have the pictures on the X5 on bimmerfest, which is the same headlight :thumbup:

umnitza 12-09-2013 07:05 PM

We just got more Dtecs in stock if anyone is interested. WE have the 40W and 64W


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms