Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Lease ending on 750i in February - what to do? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659335)

likegadgets 11-20-2012 12:45 PM

Lease ending on 750i in February - what to do?
 
My lease on my 2010, 750i, is ending end of February. Not sure what to do.
Considering another 750i (2012) , Maybe a 740i, or even a 550. A fiend got an Audi 8 (S series, thought) that I really liked. I have discarded European delivery - this time around.

Any thoughts on the above options, particularly from someone that moved to any of these from a 750?

When would be the best time between now and end of February to try to get the best deal?
(Southern CA)?

Comments are much appreciated.

chrischeung 11-20-2012 01:43 PM

Did you speak to your client advisor? What did they recommend? BMW should have sent you a brochure in the mail with your options.

likegadgets 11-20-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7205527)
Did you speak to your client advisor? What did they recommend? BMW should have sent you a brochure in the mail with your options.

Thanks for replying.

I am returning the car at the end of the lease. So I am not looking for options regarding this turn in and will likely not lease from the same dealer, regardless. Yes, they sent a brochure, but I am simply returning the car to them. The car is in perfect shape, and under mileage. I am just considering alternatives to another 750i.

ZedJes 11-20-2012 05:11 PM

your alternatives are the Audi A8 Lexus LS or MB S550. I recently renewed my lease from a 2009 750LI to a 2013 LXI. While the cars looks the same I have to say the cars is remarkably different in performance. I would suggest you test drive the 2013 model. The alternatives do not come close to the 2013.

Good luck with your search

ChrisF01 11-20-2012 07:36 PM

Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.

Leslierc 11-21-2012 03:10 AM

My list would include the BMW 650ix Gran Coupe, the Panamera GTS, and the Audi S8.

Leslierc 11-21-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisF02 (Post 7206163)
Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.

The only one of your points with which I would take issue is the Lexus LS. I haven't yet seen this car in person, and I'll take your word that it's attractive, but it's my understanding that the changes to the LS were only cosmetic, as opposed to the cosmetic and more competitive performance changes Lexus made to their GS.

Deutsch100 11-21-2012 06:31 AM

I highly recommend the Rolls Royce Ghost :) :)

likegadgets 11-21-2012 07:03 AM

I drive very few miles a year (Under 7,000) and mostly city. I travel often, and the car is just parked a lot of the time. I don't like the Panamera. Before this 750i I had a 2007 Lexus LS460 - Which I ended up hating (wind noise, quality issues, horrible Toyota attitude) - so I am unlikely to return to Toyota.

I really like the 750i - but was wondering if to try something else. I can afford the 750i - but if the 5 or the 740 will do why pay more?. I was inquiring in case someone made the move to the 740 or 550/535 and found the "downgrade" unpleasant. I understand there are great deals on the A8, which I like, so I am considering that too.

Thanks for your comments


Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisF02 (Post 7206163)
Are you looking to downgrade to something more affordable? Hence the F10 or 740?

Honestly the Panamera looks lovely, but just a horrible value new. Too high a "Porsche tax". I'd go the route one owner on here did and go CPO, the depreciation should cancel out the tax, and put it more in line with its competitors.

As much as I distain Lexus, the new LS looks great in person. They've done some meaningful cosmetic changes that make it look more in line to battle the German luxo-barges.

About 85%+ of my driving is highway, so range is important to me. ~520mi per tank currently isn't bad. I'm keeping an eye on the new Audi A8 diesel, if it can get well into the 7-800 mile range it'll be on my short list when my lease is up.

I'd avoid the S Class, it's on the cusp of being completely redesigned.


nyranger74 11-21-2012 07:30 AM

I know for myself I could not downgrade power wise.

likegadgets 11-21-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger74 (Post 7206854)
I know for myself I could not downgrade power wise.

Wouldn't the 550 offer similar power? But I see your point.

azbimmer 11-21-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likegadgets (Post 7205431)
My lease on my 2010, 750i, is ending end of February. Not sure what to do.
Considering another 750i (2012) , Maybe a 740i, or even a 550. A fiend got an Audi 8 (S series, thought) that I really liked. I have discarded European delivery - this time around.

Any thoughts on the above options, particularly from someone that moved to any of these from a 750?

When would be the best time between now and end of February to try to get the best deal?
(Southern CA)?

Comments are much appreciated.

Your choices are fairly limited.
Porsche Panamera: A strong performer in a butt ugly (pardon the pun) package. The seats are too hard and small, ride more "sporty" than I like. The butt is very ugly, and a "wagon' style body in a $100K+ car makes no sense.
S550: Too big, and getting bigger. Build like a bank vault.
A8: The new king of the hill. This is a beautiful car, and does away with my pet peeves about BMWs: Run-Flat Tires, Forces Auto Start Stop, No Dipstick for oil.
Lexus LS: For those who like the luxurious interior, but do not care much about the driving.

You may want to think about Porsche 911, the Range Rover, or the X5 as alternatives as well.

Good luck!

chrischeung 11-21-2012 08:50 AM

Drive them all, and get the car that makes you feel good.

All the cars listed will get you from A to B quickly, safely and comfortably. It's more about which feels more satisfying and rewarding, even if that is difficult to justify from a quantitative aspect.

MELLOWYELLOW06 11-21-2012 08:59 AM

They have a great lease deal on the 7 series which includes the Msport package at no cost

likegadgets 11-21-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 (Post 7207031)
They have a great lease deal on the 7 series which includes the Msport package at no cost

Where can I read about this offer?

vercetti0 11-21-2012 10:08 AM

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=3

Deutsch100 11-21-2012 12:56 PM

Yes, the S-Class is at the end of it's life...but it will be about 9 months more until a new one! MBUSA is offering AMAZING 18 month lease specials on the S550!! Also, the E550 and E350s are leasing in the $4-600 range per month with almost nothing down! A friend of ours at a local MBZ dealer, told us they have sold 97!! E-Classes in Novemeber alone! And the S-Classes are flying off the lot!

ChrisF01 11-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger74 (Post 7206854)
I know for myself I could not downgrade power wise.

Well one option to the OP would be to get a very loaded Individual 550. Less weight, same features and options for the most part what your 750 has got, just not the "prestige" of having a flagship car.

geeek204 11-21-2012 08:05 PM

If you don't need quite as much legroom as the 7, take a look at the Audi A7/S7. We traded our 750 in for it and have loved it so far! A little more nimble than the 7 but still just as easy as a long distance cruzer.

AdamG13 11-21-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7207458)
Yes, the S-Class is at the end of it's life...but it will be about 9 months more until a new one! MBUSA is offering AMAZING 18 month lease specials on the S550!! Also, the E550 and E350s are leasing in the $4-600 range per month with almost nothing down! A friend of ours at a local MBZ dealer, told us they have sold 97!! E-Classes in Novemeber alone! And the S-Classes are flying off the lot!

Sounds like a good price on those E-Classes. I'm used to benz lease prices being so high because of the ****ty money factors they had when I was looking. Wonder how much they're asking for a moderately equipped S-Class? They're supposed to have an S class coupe coming out within the year. Looking forward to seeing that sucker.

csco32 11-22-2012 04:15 PM

Any info on what the 18 month lease deals are - would love to know numbers....

likegadgets 11-23-2012 02:01 PM

Thank you for this.

I am inclined to "repeat" with 750i. I am awaiting for quotes to see what the numbers work out to.


Quote:

Originally Posted by vercetti0 (Post 7207141)


mlad1101 11-24-2012 09:59 PM

Look at the 2013. I'm getting into a fairly more expensive MSRP 7(Even without the M Sport deduction) for the same payments I had on my last car. As for the S, I looked at the car as well, their 2 year leases are very aggressive but with the complete redesign around the corner, I couldn't do it.

likegadgets 11-25-2012 10:23 AM

Any one care to share a recent lease deal (under the existing program) for reference? I have a few inquiries (to a reliable car broker I have used in the past) and I am awaiting quotes, Also, I am looking at the forum as I recall there are a couple of southern California dealers that work with forum members. Searching......

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlad1101 (Post 7212393)
Look at the 2013. I'm getting into a fairly more expensive MSRP 7(Even without the M Sport deduction) for the same payments I had on my last car. As for the S, I looked at the car as well, their 2 year leases are very aggressive but with the complete redesign around the corner, I couldn't do it.


Popoemt 11-25-2012 12:01 PM

Filmoreslim had some great info on a lease deal he got at San Francisco BMW, you may want to PM him and get the info, V/r, Tim


Quote:

Originally Posted by likegadgets (Post 7213106)
Any one care to share a recent lease deal (under the existing program) for reference? I have a few inquiries (to a reliable car broker I have used in the past) and I am awaiting quotes, Also, I am looking at the forum as I recall there are a couple of southern California dealers that work with forum members. Searching......

Thanks



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms