Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   F12 Just debadged.. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659396)

wlin2001 11-20-2012 06:30 PM

F12 Just debadged..
 
Personally I think it looks a lot cleaner.. less busy. Thoughts?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N...21118_0631.jpg https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q...21118_0634.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4...21118_0632.jpg https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G...21118_0635.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o...21118_0633.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j...21118_0636.jpg

gehmjc21 11-20-2012 07:32 PM

Not bad actually. What color is that?

wlin2001 11-20-2012 07:41 PM

Thanks for your response! It's Space Gray. Also did LED/SMD interiors a while back (don't understand why BMW does full exterior LEDs but not the interiors):

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-X...21104_0014.jpg https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...21104_0017.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-z...21104_0018.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-V...21104_0019.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0...21104_0015.jpg https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...21104_0027.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks :)

greenie99 11-20-2012 08:15 PM

Me likey! Where did you find the treadplates?

southern6er22 11-20-2012 09:17 PM

So jealous that BMW screwed us out of those door sills for those of us who went the M Sport route.

Itinj6 11-20-2012 11:59 PM

I debadged my 650i as well so I'm sure you know what my feedback will be :). I do get a lot of people asking me what model it is though lol. My answer is always followed by a compliment in reply

I wanted to do the LED interior but I heard that it shows every imperfection/scuff/scratch/etc. Is that true?

Also, I would love to add LED reverse lights but I heard that it will throw codes.

MELLOWYELLOW06 11-21-2012 08:57 AM

Very nice. I may do it as well.

Looks super clean.

DRL650 11-23-2012 09:13 AM

Looks nice.I really miss my Space Grey it is a real nice clean color.

Emilner 11-23-2012 09:29 AM

Looks great- I did the same thing, it makes the rear clean and symmetrical...

EmM HoLLa 11-23-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7206335)
So jealous that BMW screwed us out of those door sills for those of us who went the M Sport route.

I had the door sills on my last Sixer... A very nice touch to say the least.. They could have illuminated the M Sport ones for us...

djsaad1 11-23-2012 11:45 AM

I wanted to order mine debadged, I was surprised it wasn't possible. Is there more to this than just pulling off the numbers and removing the adhesive? I guess I could just ask the dealer to do it when the car arrives.

ShakeDaddy 11-23-2012 05:34 PM

I do respect all the opinions from the group but not really following the debadging concept.

A badge has little or nothing to do with the design concept and really can not add or deter from the lines.

So why does debadging really make a difference or clean things up? :dunno:

Emilner 11-23-2012 07:10 PM

Since the badge is only on one side it is not symmetrical. Without it the back looks cleaner. It serves no purpose but to tell others what you are driving...

Itinj6 11-23-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7210237)
I wanted to order mine debadged, I was surprised it wasn't possible. Is there more to this than just pulling off the numbers and removing the adhesive? I guess I could just ask the dealer to do it when the car arrives.

Nothing more than heating up the adhesive with a blow dryer or heat gun and working some dental floss behind it. It should take no longer than five minutes. When I did mine, there wasn't even any adhesive residue left on the trunk lid and I did it four months after I got the car.

The heat gun or blow dryer isnt necessary but it will be a lot easier to get off and leave no residue.

Leslierc 11-24-2012 05:04 AM

Love Space Gray!

wlin2001 11-30-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itinj6 (Post 7206458)
I debadged my 650i as well so I'm sure you know what my feedback will be :). I do get a lot of people asking me what model it is though lol. My answer is always followed by a compliment in reply

I wanted to do the LED interior but I heard that it shows every imperfection/scuff/scratch/etc. Is that true?

Also, I would love to add LED reverse lights but I heard that it will throw codes.

The LED interior does not show imperfection/scuff/scratches.. on the contrary, it makes them less obvious IMO. In terms of reverse lights, just make sure you get the canbus (error-free) LEDs then you would be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 (Post 7207027)
Very nice. I may do it as well.

Looks super clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL650 (Post 7210065)
Looks nice.I really miss my Space Grey it is a real nice clean color.

Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilner (Post 7210086)
Looks great- I did the same thing, it makes the rear clean and symmetrical...

I agree.. the new F12 has a very narrow trunk area which makes the badge a lot more prominent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7210237)
I wanted to order mine debadged, I was surprised it wasn't possible. Is there more to this than just pulling off the numbers and removing the adhesive? I guess I could just ask the dealer to do it when the car arrives.

I just used a heater to heat up the badges first, poured a little 3M adhesive remover over the logos, then used dental floss to slowly remove them. Not too hard; just takes some time and patience.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms