Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   ABout to Purchase X5 SAV (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660093)

jchang45 11-24-2012 12:11 PM

ABout to Purchase X5 SAV
 
Hi there guys,

I have read a lot of the posts on here and think I am getting a decent deal (maybe can squeeze some more out?) on the following BMW X5 SAV that I would be ordering, but welcome your feedback since I am a newbie!

Options include on a black sapphire/Black nevada interior:
- Convenience package
- M Sport Package
- M Performance Package
- Premium Sound package
- BMW Apps

Invoice from TrueCar: $62,840, MSRP of $67, 670
Invoice from BMWConfig: $62, 445, Invoice of $67,670
Offered: Invoice of $62,445 - $1500 Holiday cash - $750 BMW loyalty + $600 profit = $60,795

Thank you for your feedback no matter how harsh it may be!

AutoUnion 11-24-2012 02:36 PM

What model X5?

ard 11-24-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchang45 (Post 7211656)
Hi there guys,

I have read a lot of the posts on here and think I am getting a decent deal (maybe can squeeze some more out?) on the following BMW X5 SAV that I would be ordering, but welcome your feedback since I am a newbie!

Options include on a black sapphire/Black nevada interior:
- Convenience package
- M Sport Package
- M Performance Package
- Premium Sound package
- BMW Apps

Invoice from TrueCar: $62,840, MSRP of $67, 670
Invoice from BMWConfig: $62, 445, Invoice of $67,670
Offered: Invoice of $62,445 - $1500 Holiday cash - $750 BMW loyalty + $600 profit = $60,795

Thank you for your feedback no matter how harsh it may be!

Do keep in mind that the delta between truecar and BMWconfig is $395, which I think is MACO in the bay area. SInce you are using the lower number, then pay the $395 MACO out of the $600 profit.

Just FYI, did they accept your offer???? :angel:

ND40oz 11-24-2012 05:49 PM

Almost optioned the same as mine, only difference is the spare tire and adaptive drive (and you get soft close doors with the conv package now), figures look pretty good.

jchang45 11-25-2012 10:22 PM

Hi guys

Sorry for not posting all the details. It is a 2013 X5 sports activity vehicle trim! I have one dealer who has committed to $60,795 inclusive of MACO and training. I have my preferred dealer who said they will come back to me if their sales manager can match it.

I'm hopeful they can bc i would rather do business with them bc they have been very helpful and I bought my first BMW from them, but I guess money talks!

henrycyao 11-25-2012 11:23 PM

This looks like a great deal. I noticed quite a few X5 around Bay Area. It is surprising how popular it is around here. I am assuming that you are getting the summer tires instead of all seasons?

jchang45 11-25-2012 11:35 PM

Yes, there are lots of X5s in the area. I was personally interested in the diesel but the wife wanted the aesthetics of the M packages so we are getting that w the performance tires instead of the all season!

UncleJ 11-26-2012 08:14 AM

jc, if you haven't done it yet -- why not run your deal past our fest sponsor Jon Shafer at jshafer@sbautogroup.com for a quote. Jon sells cars in the bay area all the time.:angel:

jchang45 11-26-2012 08:31 AM

Thanks UncleJ! I just took your advice and emailed Jon

UncleJ 11-30-2012 08:21 AM

jc, was Jon able to help you out?:angel:

jchang45 11-30-2012 09:06 AM

Unfortunately, Jon seems to be out of the office based on his auto reply due to a family situation. I hope everything is ok with him.

I ended up doing the deal for invoice less $2250 in incentives +$500 dealer profit. I refused to pay the $580 in MACO and training and they agreed to do the deal.

At the end of the day, I was pretty happy with the deal!

UncleJ 11-30-2012 10:33 AM

Thanks for the update -- glad you are satisfied!:thumbup:

the328 11-30-2012 01:25 PM

Not to bash X5D but BMW's 3.0 diesel is years behind VW 3.0 diesel.

jeme 11-30-2012 02:38 PM

Interesting on that VW comment as I am going from a 2011 touraeg TDI lux to a 2012 x5d, it is a actually cheaper than the Treg. $65995 keep purchasing for about $54750. Do you think I will be disappointed in the BMW?

jashearer 11-30-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeme (Post 7223847)
Interesting on that VW comment as I am going from a 2011 touraeg TDI lux to a 2012 x5d, it is a actually cheaper than the Treg. $65995 keep purchasing for about $54750. Do you think I will be disappointed in the BMW?

You will not be disappointed that guy obviously hasn't driven both if he thinks the x5d is the one behind the curve. I have and if you like to drive you'll live your d.

Jay

the328 11-30-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jashearer (Post 7223963)
You will not be disappointed that guy obviously hasn't driven both if he thinks the x5d is the one behind the curve. I have and if you like to drive you'll live your d.

Jay

Believe me, I've driven both and like them both (each in its own way) but this thread is not about comparing X5D to a Touareg TDI or a Q7 TDI. My comment was directed at the engine where BMW employs a last generation diesel engine and Touareg/Q7 has a better, more efficient new generation diesel engine. Just listen to the BMW's engine, it clatters like a Ford F250. BMW is due for a redesign and when that happens I am sure they will come up with a better solution then what they offer now but for right now VAG diesel wins.

BryanCO 11-30-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the328 (Post 7224052)
but this thread is not about comparing X5D to a Touareg TDI or a Q7 TDI.

So what's the point of your first comment -- the thread also isn't about comparing different Diesel engines.

the328 12-01-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanCO (Post 7224482)
So what's the point of your first comment -- the thread also isn't about comparing different Diesel engines.

Well, if you're 5+ you would've got it by now. I don't think I want to explain myself for the third time

BryanCO 12-01-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the328 (Post 7224562)
Well, if you're 5+ you would've got it by now. I don't think I want to explain myself for the third time

Guess I'm <5 then because you initiated ("not to bash the X5...") the comps the VAG diesels and went on to 'explain' why the VAG diesel is better. The point is who cares, as that's not what the thread is about.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms