Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Do you like sport activity package? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660359)

kisas 11-25-2012 07:26 PM

Do you like sport activity package?

I know it's kind of stupid to ask this question after I already placed the order.

I like the steering wheel and the sport seats. But beside these,
1, are the bigger wheels safer?
2, beside the cosmetic change, what real functions it comes with?
3, I saw x3 without sports package also has S/M on the shifter, what is the difference between the sport activity package and the sport function on the basic configuration?

Thanks!

Vector Pilot 11-30-2012 11:19 AM

My wife and I considering leasing an X3. Configuring the car for possible options and packages, I like "Sport Activity Package" but IMO it's cosmetic and we refer to it as "M-Sport Lite"

Want the Thrill 11-30-2012 12:29 PM

I have the sport activity package and really like the features it added. You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel (plus the beefed up steering wheel as you mentioned), the 19" rims, sport and sport + mode switch, and the sport seats (that are worth it alone) in my opinion. I would have got the M-Sport package, but it isn't available with Mineral Silver so the sport package was the next best thing.

Vector Pilot 11-30-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7223612)
I have the sport activity package and really like the features it added. You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel (plus the beefed up steering wheel as you mentioned), the 19" rims, sport and sport + mode switch, and the sport seats (that are worth it alone) in my opinion. I would have got the M-Sport package, but it isn't available with Mineral Silver so the sport package was the next best thing.

Want the Thrill
Thanks for the reply, sound like it's big bang for the buck.
Highest Regards

mibmwx3 11-30-2012 01:58 PM

When I ordered in 2011, it didn't include the wheels, so it was only $1500 list. 309's were available separately for $600 list. I think the silver rails and trim also come with SAP. I also believe it is well worth the price and perhaps the best deal of all of the options. Wouldn't order without the SAP or M-Sport package.

AzNMpower32 11-30-2012 03:30 PM

I think it includes the sport seats which IMO are critical. BMW makes such shoddy standard seats thesedays; a 18k VW Polo had better seats than my dad's $60k X5 with standard equipment. I drove the X3 a couple years ago with the standard seats and I felt I was sitting on a perch.

kisas 12-01-2012 06:42 AM

I totally agree that the upgraded steering wheel is a big plus. The standard one is just too thing.

ErnestHouse 12-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7223612)
...You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel ....

I thought that was only on the 35i M Sport Package and not the 28i or the Sport Activity Package being discussed here. Am I wrong about that? That would make the package a little more worth it if the paddles were included.