Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Cost of X1 sDrive 28i (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660379)

garry.c 11-26-2012 12:59 AM

Cost of X1 sDrive 28i
 
Hello All,


I live in San Jose , USA and planning to book X1.
I have following configuration:
1: Technology Package
2: Sports Leather Steering wheel
3: Premium Sound Package
4: Drive Assist Package

Cost of car built on bmwusa website is 35,590 $

I am getting approx 2500$ off on above cost.

Is it better deal or I can still negotiate ?
Also If you know any dealership in North Cal or So Cal, Please Let me know.

Thanks,
Garry

Allies_X3 11-26-2012 07:57 AM

Garry,

I'll give you the same advice I was given:

Check out bmwconfig.com for the invoice price.

There is a list of site sponsors that are probably more willing to get you near invoice here: http://garage.bimmerfest.com/siteSpo...tesponsorindex

Also check out the "ask a dealer" section to see what other folks recommend.

Some people were able to get their X1s for $500 over invoice (GREAT deal), and others had problems doing that. You might have to shop around for the best deal if you have a common config. If you have an oddball config, though (like I did), you might have to bite the bullet a bit. I paid $800-ish over invoice after holiday and loyalty cash.

Hope that helps.

garry.c 11-26-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by Invoice ?
I usually build car from bmwusa.com and then dealer gives me discount over the amount which I see when I build the car.

Right now max I am getting is 2500$ discount. I am not keen to buy X1 which they have it in their dealership. So I have to order it.



Thanks,
Garry

Allies_X3 11-26-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry.c (Post 7215381)
Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by Invoice ?
I usually build car from bmwusa.com and then dealer gives me discount over the amount which I see when I build the car.

Right now max I am getting is 2500$ discount. I am not keen to buy X1 which they have it in their dealership. So I have to order it.



Thanks,
Garry

Invoice is what the dealership pays BMW for the car. MSRP is what the dealer wants to ideally sell the car for; it's the marked up price. Of course the price really depends on the car's market. That's why you're able to negotiate with a dealer.

If you check out http://bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/Config.aspx

You can see the MSRP and invoice prices for your build.

friedtofu 11-28-2012 12:02 AM

I live in San Jose too.

Ordered a X1 a few weeks ago.

sDrive, lighting & premium package

The invoice on bmwconfig is $33,965

My dealer added $380 MACO fee, so we settled on $34500 before TTL. That's also before the $500 holiday credit for financing.

garry.c 11-28-2012 01:09 AM

Wowww, thats really great deal.

Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Can you share the details ?
1: Which dealer ?
2: What is the cost of your car on bmwusa.com ?

Thanks,
Garry

floydarogers 11-28-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry.c (Post 7214344)
...Also If you know any dealership in North Cal or So Cal, Please Let me know.

People on other forums are using Pacific BMW, guy named Daniel. Search on the E90 forum will turn his contact info up.

friedtofu 11-28-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry.c (Post 7218372)
Wowww, thats really great deal.

Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Can you share the details ?
1: Which dealer ?
2: What is the cost of your car on bmwusa.com ?

Thanks,
Garry

$36695

I went to fremont bmw. Checked out stevens creek and mountain view too.

garry.c 11-29-2012 05:17 PM

Thanks friedtofu.

I was wondering how come you see less price of the car when you select lighting package and premium package.
for me it was showing:

BASE MSRP
$30,650
Mineral Grey Metallic$550
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather$0
Silver Matte Trim$0
Lighting Package$1,200
Premium Package$3,950
Total: 37245

two-five boy 11-29-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry.c (Post 7221954)
Thanks friedtofu.

I was wondering how come you see less price of the car when you select lighting package and premium package.
for me it was showing:

BASE MSRP
$30,650
Mineral Grey Metallic$550
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather$0
Silver Matte Trim$0
Lighting Package$1,200
Premium Package$3,950
Total: 37245

U chose a metallic color that costs $550 more, while tofu must have chosen either alpine white or jet black, both are no cost colors.

friedtofu 11-30-2012 10:39 AM

yep


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms