Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Question about comfort access (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660499)

kobechrome 11-26-2012 03:22 PM

Question about comfort access

I'm trying to get some clarification on how the CA feature works. I have it my current 2006 E90 and it allows me to start my car without a key and unlock front driver/passenger doors by just waving my hand over the sensor.

Now it sounds like keyless starting is standard so the CA is just for the door handles now? Can anyone with CA clarify this?

Also - does anyone else hate the fact that you can't order CA as a separate feature anymore and is only included in the Premium package?

Orient330iNYC 11-26-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobechrome (Post 7215280)
I'm trying to get some clarification on how the CA feature works. I have it my current 2006 E90 and it allows me to start my car without a key and unlock front driver/passenger doors by just waving my hand over the sensor.

Now it sounds like keyless starting is standard so the CA is just for the door handles now? Can anyone with CA clarify this?

Also - does anyone else hate the fact that you can't order CA as a separate feature anymore and is only included in the Premium package?

you are correct. keyless start is standard. comfort access adds the doors and trunk.

and yes, i wish it was a stand alone option.

bmw 3 series leather is very poor quality leather. i've had both leatherette and leather, leatherette wins out in terms of durability and low maintenance. lumbar support, i never use, sirius radio, i either listen to streaming music, FM HD, or just the growl of the engine. the only part of the premium package i wanted was CA, and it wasnt worth it.

bmwocean 11-28-2012 12:16 PM

Yes keyless start is now standard even on 320, but CA adds door and trunk. I believe it is not a big feature any more as you already have keyless entry so they blended it with premium package, you also get NAV, idrive and rear camera, park dist sensor with PP, so worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobechrome (Post 7215280)

elistan 11-28-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwocean (Post 7219169)
Yes keyless start is now standard even on 320, but CA adds door and trunk. I believe it is not a big feature any more as you already have keyless entry so they blended it with premium package, you also get NAV, idrive and rear camera, park dist sensor with PP, so worth it.

The US market is different from the Canadian market, by the way. iDrive is actually standard for us.

jfox335i 11-29-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC (Post 7215332)
you are correct. keyless start is standard. comfort access adds the doors and trunk.

and yes, i wish it was a stand alone option.

bmw 3 series leather is very poor quality leather. i've had both leatherette and leather, leatherette wins out in terms of durability and low maintenance. lumbar support, i never use, sirius radio, i either listen to streaming music, FM HD, or just the growl of the engine. the only part of the premium package i wanted was CA, and it wasnt worth it.

To each his own, I like the Dakota Leather. Feels like good quality to me. Better then the leather in my Subaru's, which is what I came from. I just wish for the price of Premium, you got a few more features, the package is a little light.

I think everything should be ala carte anyway, i dislike picking packages in general. For what these car cost, you should be able to customize them to most minute detail. (IMO)

That said, CA is one my favorite features, I love that my key never comes out of my pocket.It was an afterthought when I bought the car, I didn't realize I would like it so much.