Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Help with satellite radio activation (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660920)

mugarmuch 11-28-2012 08:09 AM

Help with satellite radio activation

I baught new 2013 BMW 328i, I checked with service and parts and it looks like I have satellite radio hardware but not activated. According to service it will be $275 for the activation code download from BMW which will include one year subscription and $225 install charge and they will need the car for atleast half a day. This seems like a ripoff that just to activate they will charge this much. I am wondering if I can do this my self or another cheaper solution??? If anyone has DIY guide it will be helpful. I live in Orange County CA.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

NewToCarBuying 11-28-2012 08:54 AM

Did you call Sirius XM upon activating

cause they are supposed to give you the first year trial free
If you did say that what'd they tell you?

Orient330iNYC 11-28-2012 09:06 AM

the hardware is there, but needs to be recoded, and then activated. if you do a search, there are instructions on how to code the car for this, but you will also need an FSC code to enable it. its relatively straightforward; you'll be able to save on the programming fee, but you need to buy/make the cable to do it. be aware that if you do make a mistake coding, you could in theory render the car unusuable (highly unlikely, but possible if you recode the wrong module)

Technic 11-28-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugarmuch (Post 7218660)
I baught new 2013 BMW 328i, I checked with service and parts and it looks like I have satellite radio hardware but not activated. According to service it will be $275 for the activation code download from BMW which will include one year subscription and $225 install charge and they will need the car for atleast half a day. This seems like a ripoff that just to activate they will charge this much. I am wondering if I can do this my self or another cheaper solution??? If anyone has DIY guide it will be helpful. I live in Orange County CA.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

Contact forum vendor BimmerTech... they can do the activation remotely for less, 100% OEM... :thumbup:

mugarmuch 11-29-2012 01:39 PM

no response yet

I sent a message to mbimmertech no response yet??

triathelite 11-29-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugarmuch (Post 7221515)
I sent a message to mbimmertech no response yet??

Hang in there; they'll get back to you. I'm thinking of using them myself. Good deal and they're very responsive from the interaction I've had with them so far.

hans007 11-29-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triathelite (Post 7221751)
Hang in there; they'll get back to you. I'm thinking of using them myself. Good deal and they're very responsive from the interaction I've had with them so far.

yeah im about to buy from them too. i've heard its pretty easy to do. plus you get a cable , which i'm assuming you can code other things with.