Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   I pooped my pants I was laughing so hard at this (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661105)

hh3uunp 11-28-2012 11:29 PM

I pooped my pants I was laughing so hard at this
 
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3434970465.html

fullthrottle540 11-28-2012 11:39 PM

what is so funny? his spelling error in the title? ive seen worse

B_Rad_M3 11-28-2012 11:42 PM

Ha laugh at this...

In your area too...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/prk/3370080671.html



Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

hh3uunp 11-28-2012 11:49 PM

http://images.craigslist.org/3E53M13...0b6075176e.jpg
Im selling my 98 bmw 540i v8 with sport package. Mint condition. Everything done from the suspension to tune up. Very well kept. Comes with navigation. Asking price $6700... For more information call Glen 617 913 2476

hh3uunp 11-28-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullthrottle540 (Post 7220517)
what is so funny? his spelling error in the title? ive seen worse

It just hit my funny bone. I would never buy a car off a person who doesn't know sail from sale. I mean does this person go to a boat store because they have a lot of sails. When he sees ads on the TV that say big sale does he think they are talking about boats? The word sale is very popular and you see it everywhere. Apparently he doesn't have the mental capacity to realize what that word means.

AnotherGeezer 11-29-2012 06:17 AM

Someone apparently has a very low doodie threshold.

G-Moussa 11-29-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh3uunp (Post 7220525)
It just hit my funny bone. I would never buy a car off a person who doesn't know sail from sale. I mean does this person go to a boat store because they have a lot of sails. When he sees ads on the TV that say big sale does he think they are talking about boats? The word sale is very popular and you see it everywhere. Apparently he doesn't have the mental capacity to realize what that word means.

That's not really fair to say the least. If the guy is spelling sale, like sail that wouldn't be a spelling impediment or un-intelligence necessarily, its probably a form of dyslexia of some sort. Its one letter off, it's probably nothing to do with intelligence.

I have a friend who spells the easiest of words the spelling of another word that sounds the same. Like for instance she says here "hear" in a text message instead of here, and other similar things.

She has a form of dyslexia. But the funniest thing about the post was how the guy said black in and out. What a way to sell a car haha

540nj 11-29-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh3uunp (Post 7220523)
http://images.craigslist.org/3E53M13...0b6075176e.jpg
Im selling my 98 bmw 540i v8 with sport package. Mint condition. Everything done from the suspension to tune up. Very well kept. Comes with navigation. Asking price $6700... For more information call Glen 617 913 2476

Is that an M5 badge on your 540? Now that's something to poop about!

dave
03 540i6

dannyc9997 11-29-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 540nj (Post 7220879)
Is that an M5 badge on your 540? Now that's something to poop about!

dave
03 540i6

I think that's why he posted it. They don't call us massholes for nottin!! :rofl:

540nj 11-29-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyc9997 (Post 7220892)
I think that's why he posted it. They don't call us massholes for nottin!! :rofl:

oops, thought it was the OP's car, apologies!

dave
03 540i6

Flybot 11-29-2012 08:44 AM

The seller is just referring to the 7 series "Land Yacht" status.

NoWayJose 11-29-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad31late (Post 7220520)
Ha laugh at this...

In your area too...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/prk/3370080671.html



Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

:rofl: that's too funny

fullthrottle540 11-29-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh3uunp (Post 7220525)
It just hit my funny bone. I would never buy a car off a person who doesn't know sail from sale.


I have a good buddy whose highest level of education is our local public high school.... he surely can't spell words like SAIL (heck - he can't even spell my name "Adam") but he builds/maintains/restores cars like you wouldn't believe, you would be lucky to purchase a car off this dude, or to have him work on your car. Dude is an automotive genius.


Just sayin, english skills don't exactly correlate with car skills.

hh3uunp 11-29-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullthrottle540 (Post 7221184)
I have a good buddy whose highest level of education is our local public high school.... he surely can't spell words like SAIL (heck - he can't even spell my name "Adam") but he builds/maintains/restores cars like you wouldn't believe, you would be lucky to purchase a car off this dude, or to have him work on your car. Dude is an automotive genius.


Just sayin, english skills don't exactly correlate with car skills.

You don't see a lot of genius's that can't spell Adam unless he is a savant


When you are buying a used car you are also buying the person who owned it last. No offense to your friend but I do community service in Springfield public schools inner city. 3rd graders know the difference between sail and sale. I can understand if its -its and it's or their,there and they're, you're and your. But sale is used on tv 5 million times a day. Obviously unless you know the person you're buying a car off of you don't know exactly how it was cared for. A used BMW can be a money pit if you buy the wrong one. I had 3 silver 01 540i6 I was looking at when I was buying my BMW. What I took in consideration was how well spoken, why are they selling it? Is it because they realized the car was going to need a lot of work or because they want to buy another newer BMW because they had a good experience with their car. Your friend if he really wanted to sell his car would probably write up a long detailed ad. It just made me laugh hard.

I should make an ad.

"Sailing mi BMW gr8 are"

hh3uunp 11-29-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybot (Post 7220980)
The seller is just referring to the 7 series "Land Yacht" status.

Lol I think we need a thread dedicated to stupid Craigslist ads some times they can cheer you up on a bad day

fullthrottle540 11-29-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh3uunp (Post 7221291)
What I took in consideration was how well spoken the seller is



Wow.... think about this: of all the well-spoken people you know, how many of them know anything about cars? electronics? physics? automotive related logic in general?

"well-spoken" means nothing. Hell, even Obama is "well-spoken" !! Maybe you should have bought Obama's Chrysler 300 when it was on ebay :D

hh3uunp 11-29-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullthrottle540 (Post 7221373)
Wow.... think about this: of all the well-spoken people you know, how many of them know anything about cars? electronics? physics? automotive related logic in general?

"well-spoken" means nothing. Hell, even Obama is "well-spoken" !! Maybe you should have bought Obama's Chrysler 300 when it was on ebay :D

They pay people to know about physics. I'm not saying don't buy a car solely based on grammar but based on the person. If the person is street stupid and book stupid chances are the car is crap

fullthrottle540 11-29-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hh3uunp (Post 7221434)
I'm not saying don't buy a car solely based on grammar but based on the person. If the person is street stupid and book stupid chances are the car is crap

Now that I can agree with.

Nline6 11-29-2012 01:34 PM

Ignore the seller, listen to the car.... I can tell you the dirt taste like candy all day. Want to try some?

edjack 11-29-2012 02:47 PM

I don't believe they teach grammar in school anymore. There are many folks who can't tell the difference between singular possessive, and a simple plural, and how to spell it.

hh3uunp 11-29-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edjack (Post 7221794)
I don't believe they teach grammar in school anymore. There are many folks who can't tell the difference between singular possessive, and a simple plural, and how to spell it.

Tell me about it. I'm 17 and I will be text some girls. Ugh pisses me off.

fullthrottle540 11-29-2012 05:47 PM

Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. Taxes, they'll be lower... son.

Youngproexec 11-29-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad31late (Post 7220520)
Ha laugh at this...

In your area too...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/prk/3370080671.html



Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

I wonder what will happen if I call this number.... :eek:

Topaz540i 11-30-2012 04:30 AM

Yea so anyway does anyone have some extra garage space in wilmington or not? I would like to see how this ends.

SeanMH-6 12-01-2012 06:24 AM

check out this miata
http://clarksville.craigslist.org/cto/3429789919.html


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms