Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Individual White 7 at LA show (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661171)

jprescott 11-29-2012 10:50 AM

Individual White 7 at LA show

Kind of cool. Would be tough to keep clean!

Link:

http://www.autospies.com/news/LA-AUT...e-HOT-7-73595/

MMLLC 11-29-2012 11:09 AM

Glad to see BMW has finally come to their senses and offered an all white interior. MB has been doing it in their high end cars for years. White on white is a pain to keep clean, but looks awesome

Leslierc 11-29-2012 12:08 PM

Captures one's attention. However, I can't help but think about cleaning shoe skuff marks from the door panels.

chrischeung 11-29-2012 12:15 PM

Isn't that what the help is for? You would have to think that a lot of folks who buy these cars have domestic help. Although I must admit I won't usually let someone else wash my own car.

Individual750LI 11-29-2012 12:26 PM

Ha, so now the M-sport is available to Individual trim!

AdamG13 11-29-2012 04:06 PM

That is good looking. My personal favorite setup is black ext, all white interior with piano black wood. All 3 of those elements are a big struggle to maintain though. Even The Help would need to be pro-level to know what not to do. I always have to keep a hawk's eye on my own help to make sure they don't spray windex on my LED screens and the like.

Leslierc 11-29-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7221342)
Isn't that what the help is for? You would have to think that a lot of folks who buy these cars have domestic help. Although I must admit I won't usually let someone else wash my own car.

Some things one must do for themself!:)

ChrisF01 11-30-2012 02:19 AM

That interior looks great though, like others have voiced - it looks like that would be quite the issue of keeping it clean. I drive the snot out of my cars, I could never have a white interior, I'm in and out all the time, darker colors for me I guess...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7221342)

Ding Ding Ding

NO ONE touches my car. I expressly forbid my dealership to wash my car ever. Swirl Marks, scuffs on the inside, AHH :eek:

Deutsch100 11-30-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 7221325)
Captures one's attention. However, I can't help but think about cleaning shoe skuff marks from the door panels.

LMAO. That was my exact first thought. I kept thinking about having to keep a box of those sheer, blue booties work men wear in the house, when doing a service call. This car would send my car OCD into overdrive. Yikes :yikes:

jtimmer 11-30-2012 05:35 PM

I have the ivory white with piano black interior on my just-arrived 2013 B7. It looks really great and I got the Polyseal treatment to keep it clean.

alpbmw 12-01-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtimmer (Post 7224026)
I have the ivory white with piano black interior on my just-arrived 2013 B7. It looks really great and I got the Polyseal treatment to keep it clean.

I have the same B7 interior - what is the polyseal treatment? Also, any ideas on how to keep that piano black trim from scratching?

jtimmer 12-01-2012 09:30 AM

it's like a scotchguard treatment. costs $600 or so and is applied to seating as well as exterior to preserve the shine of the car.

AdamG13 12-01-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpbmw (Post 7224911)
I have the same B7 interior - what is the polyseal treatment? Also, any ideas on how to keep that piano black trim from scratching?

I've heard that Piano black can be really difficult to keep scratch free. I have the black wood and it's been swirled up before by ****ty LA car washes that wipe too hard with microfiber clothes that probably arent completely clean. I was advised to always use a damp microfiber with a light touch. Alot of people spray the cloth with a quick detailer like Mequirs first. Keeping a layer of wax on it can help protect. Once you experience the inevitable swirl marks the trim can be removed and machine polished just like the clear coat of your car. It's a hassle for sure. Watch out for leaving keys. etc on the center console as well. That area seems to take the most wear and tear in my car.