Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Detail Department (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dog Saliva stains (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661448)

SilverTE90 11-30-2012 06:26 PM

Dog Saliva stains

Any one find a good product to remove dog saliva stains :yumyum: from hard plastics like door panels ? I've tried warm soapy water , QD ect.. to no avail...
Thanks,
DL

TOGWT 12-01-2012 02:27 AM

1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift knobs, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc without harsh or abrasive cleaners. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.

Johnz3mc 12-01-2012 10:32 AM

Good suggestion Togwt.
I'm giggling a bit because of a couple of things. The list of problems Plastik-Reiniger deals with should be amended to include dog saliva.

Years ago a buddy had a couple of St. Bernards. Great dogs, huge dogs. When he got dog slobber on his blue jeans it would take two washes to properly remove the stains.

So, I'm thinking you could modify the descriptor for 1z just a little bit to include: 'dog saliva, particularly St. Bernard dog slobber.'

Ok, ok, ok, I'm still giggling.

SilverTE90 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnz3mc (Post 7225082)
Good suggestion Togwt.
I'm giggling a bit because of a couple of things. The list of problems Plastik-Reiniger deals with should be amended to include dog saliva.

Years ago a buddy had a couple of St. Bernards. Great dogs, huge dogs. When he got dog slobber on his blue jeans it would take two washes to properly remove the stains.

So, I'm thinking you could modify the descriptor for 1z just a little bit to include: 'dog saliva, particularly St. Bernard dog slobber.'

Well, I only have a Greyhound :D. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll place an order with Philip, for the Z1.

DL

Karen1122 12-11-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnz3mc (Post 7225082)
Good suggestion Togwt.

Ok, I just had to respond to this one. I have been battling the St Bernard slobber issue for 3 years now. My 7 is the only car he can fit in (however, he did get in the Z4 once when the door was left open - what a sight that was) and he can make the back a complete mess.

The best thing I have found so far are:

Slobber on plastic - Aerospace Fabric Cleaner
Slobber on leather - Spot clean with Lexol
Slobber on paint - An AIO that contains a polish (have been using Zaino AIO as a spot cleaner just because I have it)

The real trick with all of these is to make sure you clean the slobber off first. Many times this means leaving a wet cloth over the spot to rehydrate the slobber. Without a through removal you are just spreading it around.

Good luck

ish 12-11-2012 12:54 PM

Suuuuuuure it's "dog saliva" !!!!!!!!! lol

Johnz3mc 12-11-2012 01:56 PM

Karen1122,
Did you manage to snap a pic of the big boy in the Z4?
That'd be worthy wallpaper for the desktop.

Karen1122 12-11-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnz3mc (Post 7243474)
Karen1122,
Did you manage to snap a pic of the big boy in the Z4?
That'd be worthy wallpaper for the desktop.

Unfortunately we did not get a picture as we were really taken back. Funny thing was he went in the drivers seat and the top was up!

SilverTE90 03-14-2014 03:21 PM

Update

After trying Everything on the market and home remedy's that did nothing but make the stains shiny I Finally found a product today that actually CLEANED the leather !

The Foaming Wash was enough action to actually clean.Kudos to Mothers for a good product that works. :thumbup:

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06410.html

Regards,
DL

csmeance 03-14-2014 09:19 PM

A solution I recommend is woolite and water, 1 part woolite, 6-10 parts water depending on how heavy duty you need the cleaning power to be. I'd start off with 8 parts water and see how it works out!